Related Forum Threads
- What to get my mom for christmas? Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:07am in Makeup Talk
- University of Makeup (universityofmakeup.com) Has anyone been to this school? If so how is it? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:06am in Academies & Education
- My YouTube blog,Vlog && tutorials! Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:57am in Member Introductions
- Help me more feminine naturally/make up Last post on 7/8/12 at 1:38am in Makeup Talk
- What is your favorite Makeup Product/ Cosmetic and what do you like about it? Last post on 1/17/12 at 4:38pm in Makeup Talk
Urban Decay: Purple Swatch Comparison
Edited on 1/3/13
- Buying Guide: 4 Neutral Eye Shadow Palettes to TryEdited on 4/9/13
- 8 Bad Beauty Habits & How To Kick ThemEdited on 3/30/13
- Mac Cosmetics 2011 Collections
Related Makeup & MoreMore ›
- itemBenefit Theyre Real Mascara
- categoryEye Shadow
- itemHypnose Volume Mascara 01 BLACK By Lancome
- itemMAC 217 Blending Brush
- itemMAC 219 Pencil Brush
- itemMISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No 23 Natural Beige 20ml
- itemMISSHA M PERFECT COVER BB CREAM SPF42 No 21 20ML
- itemMurad Absolute Bronzing Boost SPF 15 PA 30ml 1oz
- itemOfra Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- itemSmashbox Fusion Soft Lights Baked Starburst 0 3 Oz
- brandUrban Decay
- itemUrban Decay 24 7 Glide On Eye Pencil Rockstar 0 04 Oz
- itemUrban Decay 24 7 Glide ON Pencil
- itemUrban Decay 24 7 Glide On Pencil In Perversion
- itemUrban Decay 24 7 Glide On Shadow Pencil Delinquent
- itemUrban Decay Asphyxia
- itemUrban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original Nude Dries Invisibly 34 Fl Oz 10 Ml
- itemUrban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss Naked
- itemUrban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette
- itemUrban Decay Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush 1
Alphabetical Article List
Smoke Palette: Smokey Purple
I was really happy with this semi-dramatic eye look. But I think it looked even better in person (of course - it's hard to photograph makeup!). Also note that the top lash line is much more purple in person, too.
Products I used for my eyes:
- Urban Decay eye shadow primer (original)
- Urban Decay Shadow Pencil in Delinquent (dark purple)
- Urban Decay Smoked palette (Asphalt, Mushroom, Rockstar, Freestyle)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Rockstar
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Asphyxia
- Benefit They're Real mascara
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara
- Apply eye shadow primer all over the lid. Also apply primer on lower lash line.
- Apply a (very) thick line of the shadow pencil in Delinquent on the top lash line near your lashes. Apply all the way across. Use your finger to very slightly blend it - but there is no need to worry about it looking good.
- Apply a thinner line of Delinquent to the last 2/3's your lower lash line. Blend with your finger or with a small crease brush.
- Take a pencil crease brush and apply Asphalt to crease: I begin by drawing the outer-V first on the corner of my outer upper eyelid and then going into the crease from there.
- With a soft shadow brush, pat on Mushroom over all the lid. (Yes, it will cover the purple line you drew in step 2.)
- With a fluffy blending brush lightly blend and diffuse Asphalt on the top edge of the crease.
- Pat some extra Asphalt to the last 1/3 of the eyelid. Then lightly (very lightly) blend towards the inside of the eye so it merges with Mushroom.
- To further smooth things out: Use your fluffy blending brush to add Freestyle to brow bone down to the crease.
- I always curl my lashes before applying eyeliner. So, curl your lashes now.
- Use the 24/7 eyeliner in Rockstar and draw a thick line on the base of the upper eyelid. This will be applied over where the Delinquent in step 2 would have been applied. Because you have the purple cream shadow under Mushroom, you'll see the Rockstar really pops!
- Spot clean your pencil crease brush and then softly dip the tip into the Rockstar eye shadow. Go over the pencil you applied in step 9 and slightly blur edges. (A little goes a long way!)
- Apply Rockstar eye shadow with the pencil crease brush to your lower lash line.
- Take the 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion and apply a tight line near your eye lashes. I lined the last 2/3rds of my upper-line. You may want to use a pencil brush over the eyeliner to get a softer line.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 9 and 10 for a more dramatic look.
- (Optional) Tight line your lower lash line with Perversion.
- Use a detailed small brush to highlight the inner corner of each eye with Asphyxia.
- Apply one solid coat of Benefit They're Real then a coat of Lancome's Hypnose Drama mascara.
Other products I used:
- Missha BB cream in 23
- Missha BB cream in 21 mixed with some Murad bronzer
- Urban Decay optical blurring brush
- Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - Baked Starburst (amazing stuff!)
- Brow pencil by Ofra
- Urban Decay lip gloss in Naked
- Buying Guide: 4 Neutral Eye Shadow Palettes to Try
- › What companies have you gotten samples from? 11 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: June 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 14 minutes ago
- › TheBalm 50% off! 15 minutes ago
- › Loreal True Match Problems 15 minutes ago
- › GlossyBox - May 2013 22 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers) 25 minutes ago
- › Link Your Beauty Blog! 26 minutes ago
- › Julep June 2013 33 minutes ago
- › L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?! 36 minutes ago
- › Starlooks Starbox May 2013 38 minutes ago
- › Philosophy Purity made Simple by sparklesgirlxox
- › NewBeauty TestTube by sparklesgirlxox
- › Birchbox Women by sparklesgirlxox
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by sparklesgirlxox
- › Glossbox USA by sparklesgirlxox
- › Wantable, Curated Products that fit you Perfectly. by sparklesgirlxox
- › K-Palette 24 Hour Real Lasting Liquid Eyeliner by laguilar12
- › Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, Carbon Black, 0.016... by Abacus
- › Ben Nye Luxury Powders - Banana 1.5oz by amandagreen
- › Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Haircolor, 6.3 Light Golden Brown by Cosmobella20
- › The Lip Bar Contest by alyssaw
- › 3 Ways to Get a New Spring Look for Under $6 by thewendyyybird
- › The Truth About Tanning Beds by Director
- › Cream vs. Powered Eyeshadows by Director
- › How to Get a Fresh, Bright-Eyed Look by thewendyyybird
- › Join a Popular Subscriptions and Sampling Group! by Director
- › All About Hair Oil by thewendyyybird
- › The Dark Side of Trade Shows by zadidoll
- › 4 Nail Polish Collections for Summer 2013 by Dalylah
- › Buying Guide: 4 Neutral Eye Shadow Palettes... by Dalylah