June is filled with some crazy days. The datebook is usually jammed without a day of rest in sight. Weddings, baby showers, wedding showers, graduations, picnics, birthdays”¦ the list goes on and on. Spare time is hard to find, and when you do, it’s usually jam-packed with things that have been neglected for days–even weeks–on end. Do’t forget, though, it is important to give yourself a little “me” time during all of the craziness. Remember, YOU DESERVE IT! Even if you do’t have the time or money (or stamina!) to go out for a special treat, there is no reason why who you cant pamper yourself a little bit while enjoying some down time at home. Today, let’s focus on the hands. Turn on your favorite tunes, pour an ice cold drink and get ready to treat your hands to a little “ahhhh!”
What you’ll need:
*A lemon wedge
*An aloe plant leaf
*Jar of OrganicVirgin Coconut Oil (found in most food stores)
*Peppermint Tea, brewed & cooled
*A rich hand/body cream with an SPF
1) First make sure all nail polish has been removed. Take the lemon and gently rub from cuticle to nail tip with the wedge. Let the juice and oils of the lemon sink into the nail being careful if you have any cuts or hangnails. Rinse with cool water after 10 minutes. (Lemons will strengthen your nails while making them shiny)
2) Slice a 2″ piece of an aloe leaf and rub it into your cuticles, along the sides of your nails, and underneath the back nail edge. Wipe any excess aloe gel off with a soft towel. (Because Aloe Vera is a cellular regenerator and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects, it has healing as well as protection properties.)
3) In a small glass bowl, combine one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of the cooled peppermint tea. Combine these and set aside. (Both of these items are great natural moisturizers and antioxidants.)
4) Coat your hands with a thick amount of the coconut oil. Rub the oil into the nails, cuticles and hands thoroughly. If you really want to treat yourself, wrap your hands in saran wrap and relax, listening to some calming music or doing some relaxation breathing exercises for about 15 minutes. Then remove the wrap and head to the bathroom sink.
5) Add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar to your earlier mixture in the glass bowl, mix well and immediately coat your hands by pouring the gritty mixture onto them. Get all of it””do’t be afraid to use your fingers and scoop out the residue of sugar and honey at the bottom of the bowl. Rub on gently all paying special attention to the cuticles, and nail beds.
6) Add a dollop of baby shampoo to your hands and rub into the gritty mixture until you feel the shampoo working in. Rinse hands completely under a faucet of cool water. Pat dry.
Make sure you finish up your pampering treatment with a rich hand cream that contains an SPF, such as Neutrogena’s Age Shield Hand Cream SPF 30 if you are doing your treatment during the day. If you are treating yourself before heading off to bed, use a super-emollient moisturizer such as Tree Hut’s Shea Body Butter, which are available in many awesome scents! Both will keep your hands feeling silky smooth and help to keep their young appearance. So do’t let the June craziness wear you down”¦. take some time for a little home pampering to keep your body””and mind!””looking and feeling its best!