Who owns what

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks Dixiewolf for the cool idea!!!!

The number of mergers and acquisitions that occur in the cosmetics industry is higher than ever before. In fact, over 75% of most department-store cosmetics lines are owned either by Estee Lauder or by L'Oreal. It's the cosmetics-world equivalent of the Hatfields versus the McCoys as these two powerhouse corporations battle for the consumer's attention (and dollars) every day. In an effort to summarize what is revealed about ownership throughout this book, I compiled the list below to show the more notable ownerships, and you may find it quite eye-opening.

Estee Lauder owns Aramis, Aveda, Clinique, Jane, Tommy Hilfiger Fragrances, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, M.A.C., Origins, Donna Karan Cosmetics, Jo Malone Perfumes, Bumble & Bumble, Kate Spade Beauty, and Creme de la Mer (Source: www.elcompanies.com).

L'Oreal owns Maybelline, Lancome, Helena Rubinstein, Kiehl's, BioMedic, Vichy, Biotherm, Giorgio Armani Parfums, Ralph Lauren Parfums, Shu Uemura, Ombrelle, Redken, Matrix, Garnier, and La Roche Posay (Source: www.loreal.com).

Procter & Gamble owns Cover Girl, Max Factor, Clairol, Olay, Noxzema, Pantene, and Vidal Sassoon (Source: www.pg.com).

Johnson & Johnson, in the realm of cosmetics and skin care-oriented medical products owns Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, PersaGel, RoC, Retin-A, and Renova (source: www.jnj.com).

Revlon owns Almay and Ultima II (Source: www.revlon.com).

Shiseido owns Cle de Peau, Decleor, NARS, and Sea Breeze (Source: Shiseido Annual Report, March 31, 2002, www.shiseido.co.jp/e/annual/html/anu92000.htm).

Beiersdorf owns La Prairie, Nivea, Basis, Eucerin, and Juvena of Switzerland (Source: www.beiersdorf.com).

Source: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/books.asp?CODE=DG6

Thanks for posting.. Shiseido doesnt own those brands though but the same company owns them & Shiseido. Its called The Limited Co.

I was gonna say add Stila to Estee Lauder's companies but then realised its sold now!

What mystifies me the most is that most of your African American Hair Products lines such as Mizani, Dark & Lovely, Optimum, are not African American controlled. They are owned by L'Oreal.

Louis Vuitton Moet Henessey Group or LVMH owns Makeup Forever, Benefit, Dior and Fresh.

That's interesting.. i didnt know Dior & BeneFit were owned by the same co.

I think i heard that before actually! *doh*.. Actually my sis bought BadGal last week so i'm gona test it out soon. Have you tried it before girlie?

I didn't know that either! It's so interesting to see who owns things, I've heard that several companies make the same products for different lines.

I've been told that Estee Lauder owns the Kohls brands Flirt & American Beauty.

ALSO

I'm glad you posted this.. because I personally do not like Cover Girl, Max Factor, Pantene, and Vidal Sassoon and they are all from the same company!

Oh, thanks a bunch! I finally bought a digi cam
12.gif
, so new pics soon
47.gif

Hi DiorAddict,

I agree with you... Unfortunately, this isn't a so remote possibility :icon_neut

Latest posts

Back