Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

BROWSER by NYC (eyebrow kit)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 krazysexxykool

krazysexxykool

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

A poster on another board recommended this to me, anyone ever used it?

Posted Image

Browser Brush-On Brow Kit $3.99

Create perfect looking brows with Browser - the complete Brush-on Brow Kit. With tweezers, grooming wax and powder you will have model perfect brows every time!

Tonia, a 30 something stila fanatic from Los Angeles, CA DDD w/yellow undertones, normal skin

#2 MACGoddess

MACGoddess

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

I have it in the Brunette shade and I like it... It is pretty much the same thing as Smashbox's Brow Tech but for a LOT cheaper...
I can see why the flamethrower was invented. There was someone who was sitting down thinking "I'm here, you're there, and I want to light you on fire..."

#3 krazysexxykool

krazysexxykool

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

I am loving the price, lol! (::clap
Tonia, a 30 something stila fanatic from Los Angeles, CA DDD w/yellow undertones, normal skin

#4 jaimelynn83

jaimelynn83

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

I MUST HAVE ONE! Thanks!
Jaime
23, female, fair skin, Hair stylist & student, all smiles

#5 jennycateyez

jennycateyez

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:25 PM

ohhh i like it, im looking for something like this and the price is good

#6 emily_3383

emily_3383

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

for my first brow kit i really like it and i love the price too!

#7 krazysexxykool

krazysexxykool

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

I just got back from Rite Aid; I can't wait to try this tomorrow.

#8 PopModePrincess

PopModePrincess

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:35 PM

NYC is sold it Wal-Mart, no? Thanks for posting, I have this on my list of things to buy next time I'm there! :icon_bigg
Raquel35 years oldDDD/NW45Reddish UndertonesDry SkinDark Brown Shoulder Length Virgin Hair

#9 krazysexxykool

krazysexxykool

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

You're welcome! :icon_chee

#10 cottoncandy

cottoncandy

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:44 PM

i have it but i found the shade of brown to be too red for my brows. i need a somewhat "colder" brown. its good though, it lasts and all, just the colour isnt the best for me.

#11 MACGoddess

MACGoddess

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

You are going to love it!! I am actually using it right now as I play with a little makeup!
I can see why the flamethrower was invented. There was someone who was sitting down thinking "I'm here, you're there, and I want to light you on fire..."

#12 AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:21 PM

I think my WalMart sells it, but I have never found the brow powder there. I bought my brow powder at KMart.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind
in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. -John Lennon

#13 girl_geek

girl_geek

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

NYC is sold at my Wal-Mart! Maybe it just varies from store to store!
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair

#14 reginaalear

reginaalear

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

I got some of this today. It comes with instructions but I can't seem to get it right. My eyebrows are small and thin. Does anyone know if there is a tut on this? Or could someone explain to me what it the best way to put it on? I got blonde because my brows aren't very dark to begin with, but I think I'm going to have to get the darker one. TIA!!
~Check out my items for sell in the sale forum~

#15 Khalia25

Khalia25

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

I've been using this for the past year or so. Of course, the tweezers that come with it aren't very good...I tossed it. But the actual powder works just fine. I don't use the grooming wax much, but when I do, it gives my brows a more polished look. I found this on the website. I hope it helps! :) Application Tips: Dip Brow Brush into Grooming Wax, then mix lightly with Brow Powder. Using quick, short strokes, brush upward and outward over eyebrows to fill in color and add long-lasting hold. If needed, add extra color to sparse patches. Whisk away stray hairs between and underneath brows with the Tweezers: Grasp hair firmly and pull quickly in the direction of hair growth. Brows instantly look neater, eyes look wider and brighter. ETA: I just noticed your post said it came with instructions. LOL. What I posted are probably the same instructions you have. But in case they're not...I'm gonna leave it.

#16 BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

I have it in black and it's just okay. I think the wax is far too creamy, and the brushes suck. Overall the look of it is a little too "drawn-on" for me.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#17 emily_3383

emily_3383

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

its ok but i dont like the white creamy wax.

#18 Khalia25

Khalia25

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention I use a brush from a brow powder I got in Japan...so I agree with Benebaby...the brush sucks along with the tweezers. But otherwise, it's just regular ol' brow powder that does it's job. I'll save my pennies buying this browser so I can put my big money on other products...LOL. :)

#19 Trisha.

Trisha.

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

I have this in Brunette. The color is a little light for my brows, but I dont really use the brow powder anyways because my brows are pretty full. I just use the wax & I like it. It makes my brows look more polished & neat.

#20 StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

MACGoddess has a video tutorial on applying brow powder. :) Really? They work perfect for me! I can grab even the tiniest of hairs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users