Makeup for Hooded and Small Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

actually i was wondering if anyone can share there tips and tricks on applying makeup for Hooded Eyes and Small Eyes Please Thank YOU

Wear a light color on your lid and a darker color on your crease, to show more of your eyelid.

For small eyes, work the outer corner with eyeshadow (a darker one than for the rest of the lid), eyeliner (extended a bit, or winged), and mascara (more on the outer lashes).

Do you mean hooded like Asian eyes, or just deep set eyes? I have deep set eyes, and i tend to bring up my crease color a bit higher than normal.

I have hooded lids. When my eyes are open the lids disappear. So what I do is put my lid color on the lid as usual, and my crease color over the fatty part that covers my lid when my eye's opened and if needed do a contour (outer v) color and hilight.

this is going to sound absolutely mental but.... i have the same problem -NO LID
madd.gif
 - and i always without even realising it now sometimes, look down a lot when im around people. its sort of like a subtle way of saying look! i have nice make up on you just cant see it when im looking higher than my shoes! told you it was gonna sound crazy!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have hooded lids. When my eyes are open the lids disappear. So what I do is put my lid color on the lid as usual, and my crease color over the fatty part that covers my lid when my eye's opened and if needed do a contour (outer v) color and hilight.

same here.

Originally Posted by sarah_elizabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this is going to sound absolutely mental but.... i have the same problem -NO LID
madd.gif
 - and i always without even realising it now sometimes, look down a lot when im around people. its sort of like a subtle way of saying look! i have nice make up on you just cant see it when im looking higher than my shoes! told you it was gonna sound crazy!

I see your point. But you can also play with it, i like doing smokey eyes for that reason because the deep set eyes emphasize the mysterious look, and with colorful eyeshadows, you can line your eye and use the same color on your crease, only to reveal an entirely different color on the lid.

I also have small eyes. Curling my eyelashes and applying mascara makes my eyes look so much bigger. Also, wearing white eyeliner on the inner rims of my eyelid also really helps to open up my eye.

I have hooded eyes too :/. Are there any youtube gurus with hooded eyes? I know Enkore has them...But I'm a makeup newbie and I need to see more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have hooded and small eyes, and I use a light reflecting consealer under the lower lashline (dark circle aera) to make that area to appear bigger.

I have the same problem---hooded eyes!  I hate it.  Everyone else's tips are really good.  I find that the thing that helps me the most is having long lashes.  Use a lengthening mascara and curl your lashes.  My lashes actually touch my brow bone, so probably no one notices that my eyes are hooded.  Long lashes make the eyes appear bigger.  Also, I apply my lid color a little higher than most would so that you could still see some of the color when my eyes are open even though they are hooded.  I think it makes a big difference.

I hate my hooded eyes, but I feel so much better I'm not alone! Since I was a young teenager, I always told myself that I wanted to get my eyes fixed more than anything, and I still do. Just a little lift, and they would look so much better! Even in my makeup pics, my eyes look wrinkled. So much skin. Oh well, at least I have healthy skin.

I like reese's suggestion. I need to try that more often.

Oh and OP, what I do often is apply a light shade (Grain usually) all over my lid up through my crease to almost make my crease disappear and slightly wing out my gel liner. That way it looks like I have all flushed,  bright eyes.

Makeupgeek.com has a tutorial for hooded eyes. She focuses on having a light color on the lid and a dark color on the hood to de-emphisis the hood. I follow this guide line too with my eyes.

Mary Kay also has a step by step tutorial that I found useful! I have a little card my Mary Kay rep gave me that keep on my mirror for a reminder! 

Hey ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have small eyes and I do a cat eye with liquid liner and always use lighter eye shadow on my inner lid. I haven't discovered anything else yet that opens up my eyes as much as doing those two things.

Hello! why don't you use a Chromographic pencil by MAC i think they sell it permanently in the pro stores, I also have small eyes and I use that pencil in the waterline and it helps a lot to open the eyes, also curling your lashes and applying mascara. Those are my favorite tricks, also dont apply dark eyeliner into de lower lashline or waterline. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope this helps

I have the same issue...asian, hooded eyes, and no crease..and they're small. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot going for me when it comes to the shape of my eyes. I use the same steps as reese...works really well to flatter your eyes.

To be honest, I wish sooo bad I had a crease! Seems like the people with crease can do these awesome eye looks and it just looks fantastic. (Like pixiwoo on YT, so jealous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't ever notice I have hooded eyes until I started watching yt videos. Now I have 1 more thing that I don't like about my face :/. There's not much I can do...*sigh*

until i started watching YT i didn't know i had hooded eyes either...i have slight hooded almond shaped eyes...everyone says how they love how they look cat-like...but i just don't see it...to me, my eyes look like everyone else's.  the more i learn about make up, the more i notice diff eye shapes, but that's only as of late...you can work with hooded eyes just like any other, i think...just depends on how high you want to bring colors up, etc...just my thoughts anyway.

Back