-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

Glycolic vs Lactic Acid Peels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 5 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Anyone experience both glycolic and lactic acid peels?  Is there a dramatic difference between the two?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 2 of 5 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

I never tried these.

#Post 3 of 5 OFFLINE   Valexa1

Valexa1

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 13-July 07
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

Glycolic Acid is a sugar based acid, and Latic acid is a milk based acid, both will peel the skin,it just depend on the % used and what type of skin you have, and / or what you are trying to accomplish. Glycolic Acid used in products sold over the counter will help take off dead skin and tighten the pores, Latic Acid is mainly used for oily skin.

#Post 4 of 5 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Valexa1 View Post

Glycolic Acid is a sugar based acid, and Latic acid is a milk based acid, both will peel the skin,it just depend on the % used and what type of skin you have, and / or what you are trying to accomplish. Glycolic Acid used in products sold over the counter will help take off dead skin and tighten the pores, Latic Acid is mainly used for oily skin.

...but have you tried them? 

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 5 of 5 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

I currently use 40% glycolic & 65% lactic acid peels (almost out of both, so I´ve used them many times). Lactic acid is supposed to be more gentle (so you can go higher in % than glycolic with roughly the same irritation level) and better for hyperpigmentation issues. I have personally found both to have the exact same effect. Both have improved hyperpigmentation & skintone a bit, but not drastically. I think both are good "maintenance peels".

The lactic acid kinda itches on my face while it´s on, while the glycolic tingles (which is why I prefer the glycolic - I hate the itchy feeling of the lactic!)