Glycolic vs Lactic Acid Peels

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone experience both glycolic and lactic acid peels?  Is there a dramatic difference between the two?

Glycolic Acid is a sugar based acid, and Latic acid is a milk based acid, both will peel the skin,it just depend on the % used and what type of skin you have, and / or what you are trying to accomplish. Glycolic Acid used in products sold over the counter will help take off dead skin and tighten the pores, Latic Acid is mainly used for oily skin.

Originally Posted by Valexa1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glycolic Acid is a sugar based acid, and Latic acid is a milk based acid, both will peel the skin,it just depend on the % used and what type of skin you have, and / or what you are trying to accomplish. Glycolic Acid used in products sold over the counter will help take off dead skin and tighten the pores, Latic Acid is mainly used for oily skin.
...but have you tried them? 

I currently use 40% glycolic & 65% lactic acid peels (almost out of both, so I´ve used them many times). Lactic acid is supposed to be more gentle (so you can go higher in % than glycolic with roughly the same irritation level) and better for hyperpigmentation issues. I have personally found both to have the exact same effect. Both have improved hyperpigmentation & skintone a bit, but not drastically. I think both are good "maintenance peels".

The lactic acid kinda itches on my face while it´s on, while the glycolic tingles (which is why I prefer the glycolic - I hate the itchy feeling of the lactic!)

Latest posts

Back