Rapid Lash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My eyelash and eyebrow hairs are sparse... So I've been searching for a product that helps both to thicken and grow. I found this stuff RapidLash, in Ulta, and of course they have before and after pictures, but I'm always skeptical. They charge $49.95 for it, but I found it on Amazon for $23, so I got it. The reviews were raving... I'm wondering if anyone has tried this stuff before. I'm actually more concerned about my eyebrows, cause it's hard to pluck them when every single hair counts. Is anyone familiar with RapidLash, or has used it before?

I have used it with really great results. My eyelashes are so thick and full now. I have been using it for about 9 months now. The first week or so I had some itching along the lash line, but it went away. I had no other issues with it. No darkening around the eye, no redness, no other possible side effect you hear about.

It is also available at Walgreens now for $49.95, but I got mine cheap on Amazon.com too.

Oooh, I want to try this. Anyone worried about the side effects of your iris or eyelids darkening?

There was one website I looked on that said there was a potential of it changing the color of your iris, but I found no such comment on any other website or review. The same website said it would darken where you put it, but that it was not permanent. I've read mixed reviews about that part. But, like internetchick, most people didn't experience such problems. Like she said; just itchiness at first.

But, I'm curious about one thing... when it says it might change the color of your iris, exactly what color is it supposed to change?

I've tried all different types of eyelash/eyebrow growth serums. RapidLash was pretty good. When using it, I didn't experience any side effects, so I'm not sure what color your eyes are supposed to change to, I suppose it depends on the hue you already have.  Who knows?

But it's definitely a good product and at a very good price for what it does. I'm huge on lashes. Mine got longer and thicker as I used RapidLash, I noticed a few more were growing in as well.  As always, when I find a good product, I want to find and experiment with different products in case something is better.  So far, here's what I've tried:

1. RapidLash - one tube for $50

2. Idol Lash - got three for $120 (this one worked really well for both lashes and brows, not highly advertised, no side effects on me)

3. Tarte MultipleEye - one tube for $60 (some initial stinging, but nothing else other than that.  Decent results, saw new growth in just a week; also my favorite to use on eyebrows)

4. L'oreal Lash Boosting Serum - one tube for $12 (not bad for commercial brand. Great at getting lashes to curl naturally - wouldn't recommend for eyebrows though, at least not during the day.  The formula is a little goopy)

5. PeterThomasRoth's Eyelashes to Die For - one tube for $126 (this was a horrible disappointment)

6. Neulash - one tube for $150 (Well, it pays to invest.  Though expensive, this one is my current favorite. I've noticed the best results in the smallest amount of time: longer, thicker, new lashes growing, stronger, moisturized, and curling on their own.  Makes brows darker and more defined, so I don't use an eyebrow pencil.)

7. Anastasia Eyebrow Enhancing Serum - one tube for $35 (seemed like forever when I finally noticed some results, which weren't that strong either)

I was surprised to find out how many serums out there in the market now.  Other notable brands that are quite popular (or getting there) are:

PixiLash

Enormous Lash

Lash Food

Latisse (strongest formula, most intense results, high potential for adverse side effects, doctor prescribed)

Jan Marini

Revitalash (Jan Marini and Revitalash are not as strong as they used to be.  They were the best on the market until some lawsuit and they had to take out the ingredient that made it so potent)

There's also RevitaBrow and PeterThomasRoth's Brows to Die For if your main concern is eyebrows.  I've yet to test all the rest of these out.  But just to answer your initial question, RapidLash is a good product with great results on both lashes and brows.  Only downside I found to the product is that it didn't last very long for me. The tube was good for about a month and I only used it at night before I went to bed.

Hope this helped.

Edited for typos and grammatical errors...whoops.

Sorry, forgot one: Givenchy Mr. LashBooster for about $30.  I didn't care much for it on lashes, but on brows, I love it just as much as the Tarte MultipleEye.  Application is super easy and makes my eyebrows dark, glossy, and thicker.  It's a nice enough product to use during the day as an eyebrow shaper.

Sorry again for the late post.

Iris darkening(they turn brown, and from what I understand is most prevelent it those w/green or hazel eyes) is a known side effect of this med when it's used as eye drops to control eye pressure.  There's not a single case of it happening when it's used for lashes, but the company has to list it as a side effect.

I know it's not for everyone, but I get careprost(generic latisse) for $12 a bottle from India.  Shipping is about $20, but if you order a couple of bottles it pays for it's self in savings.  Get some friends together to put in a big order and every only pays a couple of bucks each for shipping.

Thank you VenusAtlas, for sharing your broad experiences with lash-boosters with me! And thank you, MommaMonster, for reassuring me about the iris-changing side effect! I have hazel eyes which lean toward green/gray rather than brown, so I'm relieved that it's just a precautionary note instead of a documented side effect!

I'm predicting that I'll run out of the RapidLash quickly also, since I tend to do so with products, but if there are no lasting side effects, and if it shows results in about a month, I would happily dish out another $20-something on Amazon for another!

The site that I did most of my reading-up on listed Idol Lash (mentioned fondly above) as the #1 lash/brow maximizer. I'm getting the RapidLash today, so the experience begins! If this does not much, I'm definitely going to check out Idol Lash or the Tarte one.

Nope.  No skin darkening, or tingling, or anything.  Just thicker, longer lashes

Originally Posted by FuzzieFreakie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...oh yeah... I wanted to ask... Have you experienced any side effects with the careprost?

Those products that had caused darkening around the eye or the eye have been recalled and reformulated.  The active ingredient, the one that was used to treat glaucoma (I think) is now not approved by FDA.

Latisse is the one that changes the pigmentation of your eyelid and your eye color. It's prescription only. The ingredient is bimatoprost ophthalmic solution (lumigan) and it's used to treat intraocular eye pressure.   I couldn't find anything on it being recalled by the fda..  So far I've only read that the eye drops for eye pressure cause iris darkening because it's stronger and put directly into your eye.  However, if I want to change my eye color i'll just stick to some colored contacts.

Idol Lash is supposed to work really well, but it's expensive.  

Yeah, I'm hearing a lot of good things about Idol Lash. I just applied RapidLash for the first time; No stinging, no tingling, no burning, no itchiness. I'm hoping it stays that way!

Originally Posted by pumpkincat210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Latisse is the one that changes the pigmentation of your eyelid and your eye color. It's prescription only. The ingredient is bimatoprost ophthalmic solution (lumigan) and it's used to treat intraocular eye pressure.   I couldn't find anything on it being recalled by the fda..  So far I've only read that the eye drops for eye pressure cause iris darkening because it's stronger and put directly into your eye.  However, if I want to change my eye color i'll just stick to some colored contacts.

Idol Lash is supposed to work really well, but it's expensive.  

The ingredient was prostaglandin.  I was in Lilash and Jan Marini.  They have since been reformulated to take it out.

Well, it's been two weeks, and I have already noticed a small change. I purposefully didn't tweeze my eyebrows for two weeks to see if there would be much of a difference. My brows did grow additional hairs, but they're very sporadic. Maybe I am applying the RapidLash too broadly. I had to tweeze most of the hairs, because they were so far in between.

On my lashes, there is definitely more fullness to them, and they're a tad longer, but the length is not noticeable yet. What is noticeable, is that my lashes are curlier... They're usually very straight.

So the verdict is still out on RapidLash. I'm going to reevaluate in another two weeks.

The changes are small at first. Mine curl now, and before Rapidlash they grew straight down. My lashes are stronger now and hold a curl better. Now when I apply mascara it doesn't pull the curl out. Just about every mascara pulled the curl out before I started using Rapidlash.

Originally Posted by FuzzieFreakie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, it's been two weeks, and I have already noticed a small change. I purposefully didn't tweeze my eyebrows for two weeks to see if there would be much of a difference. My brows did grow additional hairs, but they're very sporadic. Maybe I am applying the RapidLash too broadly. I had to tweeze most of the hairs, because they were so far in between.

On my lashes, there is definitely more fullness to them, and they're a tad longer, but the length is not noticeable yet. What is noticeable, is that my lashes are curlier... They're usually very straight.

So the verdict is still out on RapidLash. I'm going to reevaluate in another two weeks.

You should take some pictures every week to see the evolution!!

Let's see what you'll notice in 2 weeks...

Originally Posted by Jolanka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should take some pictures every week to see the evolution!!

Let's see what you'll notice in 2 weeks...

I wish I had thought of that! I'm always taking pictures of my eye when the makeup comes out well. I should've taken a picture without makeup before I started using RapidLash!

I'm already running out of my RapidLash tube and it hasn't even been 4 weeks, so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get another one, or switch to Idol Lash. @VenusAtlas- you said you've been on both... which one did you see most results with? I've read just about everywhere that Idol Lash is better, but I'd like to know from experience. Anyone else out there who can testify to the results with Idol Lash?

Originally Posted by VenusAtlas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried all different types of eyelash/eyebrow growth serums. RapidLash was pretty good. When using it, I didn't experience any side effects, so I'm not sure what color your eyes are supposed to change to, I suppose it depends on the hue you already have.  Who knows?

But it's definitely a good product and at a very good price for what it does. I'm huge on lashes. Mine got longer and thicker as I used RapidLash, I noticed a few more were growing in as well.  As always, when I find a good product, I want to find and experiment with different products in case something is better.  So far, here's what I've tried:

1. RapidLash - one tube for $50

2. Idol Lash - got three for $120 (this one worked really well for both lashes and brows, not highly advertised, no side effects on me)

3. Tarte MultipleEye - one tube for $60 (some initial stinging, but nothing else other than that.  Decent results, saw new growth in just a week; also my favorite to use on eyebrows)

4. L'oreal Lash Boosting Serum - one tube for $12 (not bad for commercial brand. Great at getting lashes to curl naturally - wouldn't recommend for eyebrows though, at least not during the day.  The formula is a little goopy)

5. PeterThomasRoth's Eyelashes to Die For - one tube for $126 (this was a horrible disappointment)

6. Neulash - one tube for $150 (Well, it pays to invest.  Though expensive, this one is my current favorite. I've noticed the best results in the smallest amount of time: longer, thicker, new lashes growing, stronger, moisturized, and curling on their own.  Makes brows darker and more defined, so I don't use an eyebrow pencil.)

7. Anastasia Eyebrow Enhancing Serum - one tube for $35 (seemed like forever when I finally noticed some results, which weren't that strong either)

I was surprised to find out how many serums out there in the market now.  Other notable brands that are quite popular (or getting there) are:

PixiLash

Enormous Lash

Lash Food

Latisse (strongest formula, most intense results, high potential for adverse side effects, doctor prescribed)

Jan Marini

Revitalash (Jan Marini and Revitalash are not as strong as they used to be.  They were the best on the market until some lawsuit and they had to take out the ingredient that made it so potent)

There's also RevitaBrow and PeterThomasRoth's Brows to Die For if your main concern is eyebrows.  I've yet to test all the rest of these out.  But just to answer your initial question, RapidLash is a good product with great results on both lashes and brows.  Only downside I found to the product is that it didn't last very long for me. The tube was good for about a month and I only used it at night before I went to bed.

Hope this helped.

Edited for typos and grammatical errors...whoops.

Back