-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Estee Lauder Double Wear - Anything similar?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 OFFLINE   Minka

Minka

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 22-February 09
Reviews

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

So I recently caved in and bought El's Double Wear foundation and I think it covers great!

My only problems with this foundation are:

1). The pinkest shade is still too yellow for my skintone.

2). The foundation can be a little drying on some areas of my face.

3). Most of my setting powders only accentuate dryness on some days when I use this foundation (which setting powders do you think would work best?)

4). Even when using Monistat as a primer, after about 8 hours, the foundation begins to come off of my nose area (my t-zone is very oily).

5). The price.

Like I said i'm using Monistat as a primer, and right now i'm using the Translucent Loose Setting powder by N.Y.C.

I'm moisturizing with Derma-e Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Wrinkle Treatment Crème 

http://www.dermae.ne...N=0480ea&WHICH=

I've been applying the foundation with my fingers, the powder with my ELF Studio Powder Brush (and sometimes ELF Mineral Kabuki).

I really like this foundation since it doesn't transfer, covers 90% of my blemishes and I don't have that horrible shiny look within 2 hours.

I'd hate to switch, but I don't want to look like I didn't put makeup on my nose, or have dry patches on my face.

I've heard that Studio Sculpt by MAC is a dewier dupe for this since they both have great coverage but different finishes. Is this true?

Can anybody help me out here ;(?

#Post 2 of 3 OFFLINE   CallmeMrsAL

CallmeMrsAL

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 11-July 10
Reviews

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Monistat? Did I miss something, is that a new use for it or is it not a vaginal cream?

#Post 3 of 3 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05
Reviews

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I agree with Studio Sculpt being a slightly dewier, more natural looking (yet not AS long lasting on my very oily skin) version of EL Double Wear.