-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Estee Lauder Double Wear - Anything similar?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 OFFLINE   Minka

Minka

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 22-February 09

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

So I recently caved in and bought El's Double Wear foundation and I think it covers great!

My only problems with this foundation are:

1). The pinkest shade is still too yellow for my skintone.

2). The foundation can be a little drying on some areas of my face.

3). Most of my setting powders only accentuate dryness on some days when I use this foundation (which setting powders do you think would work best?)

4). Even when using Monistat as a primer, after about 8 hours, the foundation begins to come off of my nose area (my t-zone is very oily).

5). The price.

Like I said i'm using Monistat as a primer, and right now i'm using the Translucent Loose Setting powder by N.Y.C.

I'm moisturizing with Derma-e Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Wrinkle Treatment Crème 

http://www.dermae.ne...N=0480ea&WHICH=

I've been applying the foundation with my fingers, the powder with my ELF Studio Powder Brush (and sometimes ELF Mineral Kabuki).

I really like this foundation since it doesn't transfer, covers 90% of my blemishes and I don't have that horrible shiny look within 2 hours.

I'd hate to switch, but I don't want to look like I didn't put makeup on my nose, or have dry patches on my face.

I've heard that Studio Sculpt by MAC is a dewier dupe for this since they both have great coverage but different finishes. Is this true?

Can anybody help me out here ;(?

#Post 2 of 3 OFFLINE   CallmeMrsAL

CallmeMrsAL

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 11-July 10

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Monistat? Did I miss something, is that a new use for it or is it not a vaginal cream?

#Post 3 of 3 OFFLINE   Andi

Andi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,099 posts
  • Joined 08-March 05

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I agree with Studio Sculpt being a slightly dewier, more natural looking (yet not AS long lasting on my very oily skin) version of EL Double Wear.