Asprin Mask/Toner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who does it? And how do you make your mask?

Toner:
1 disvoled asprin in water, dap over face with cotton wool.

Mask:

I haven't done it yet, but i was thinking 1 asprin in s teaspoon of water, with honey, leave on face 10-15 minutes.

Do you use Asprin???

It helps the inflammation of pimples. :)

I only use aspirin as a spot treatment for a zit or 2.  I crush an uncoated aspirin and mix it with aloe gel to make a paste and then apply on pimple.  If you use water, it crumbles and falls off once it dries.  The aloe gel helps keep it on your skin and lasts pretty much most of the night until morning.  I find an all over mask would be too drying.  Kaolin mask would be more comfortable for all over.  Kaolin mixed with some floral water and glycerin or a pre-mixed rosewater with glycerin from Walmart will work too.

I used to be in favour of putting aspirin on my face, but not any more.

Read the following by the Beauty Brains - Cosmetic Chemists:

Ivy Asks About Aspirin: I’ve been preparing to write about Aspirin Masks. The mask is prepared by crushing four aspirins and mixing it with a bit of water to create a paste. Then it’s smeared over one’s face. Do you know anything about this do-it-yourself cosmetic?

The Right Brain Responds:
Aspirin masks seem to be all the rage these days, but we can’t find any evidence that they’re worth the effort. Here’s why:

What is aspirin? The active ingredient in aspirin is the drug called Acetylsalicylic Acid. After you swallow an aspirin tablet it travels to your small intestine where this ingredient is broken down to create to Salicylic Acid. Salicylic Acid, or Sal Acid as it’s referred to, is the form of the drug that actually reduces pain, fever, etc.

Now, Sal Acid also belongs to the class of chemicals known as Beta Hydroxy Acids, or BHAs. BHAs are similar to AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids). Both BHAs and AHAs are known for their ability to help slough off dead skin cells when applied topically. Are you beginning to see the connection between aspirin and facial masks?

Why aspirin isn’t good for your skin In theory, crushing aspirin tablets and rubbing them on your face COULD be beneficial because you’re delivering a skin smoothing BHA, right? Well, not exactly.

You’re really delivering Acetylsalicylic Acid to the skin – NOT Salicylic Acid, which is the active BHA. And just rubbing the Acetyl verision on your skin won’t make it convert to the Sal Acid version. Ok, maybe SOME of the acid is present in the Sal version, but it certainly isn’t an optimized dose.

The Beauty Brain’s Bottom Line: Putting crushed aspirin on your face might have SOME benefit, but if you really want a skin smoothing BHA treatment, just buy one of the many Sal Acid products on the market. In this case the home-made remedy doesn’t appear as effective as the chemist-made one.

http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/05/20/beauty-question-do-aspirin-masks-work/

Thanks for that post !

To me aspirin masks are a waste of tablets i keep for their original purpose. I get enough headaches it matters to me.

Asprin don't work for my headaches, so putting one in a glass of water and dabbing on my face 2 times a day, is finee :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for that post !

To me aspirin masks are a waste of tablets i keep for their original purpose. I get enough headaches it matters to me.
Advil Extra Strength Gel tablets works faster and better for me.  It works on a pimple in a pinch.  A full mask really does nothing for me.

Ooohh, I'm interesting, What do you do with the Advil??? I always use advil, I have plenty, haha!!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for that post !

Advil Extra Strength Gel tablets works faster and better for me.  It works on a pimple in a pinch.  A full mask really does nothing for me.

Yeah i know, I use Advil for the pain, i meant how do you use it in a mask or whatever you do?

No...I was not thinking it would make a good mask.  Aude was saying she needed her aspirins for her headaches. 

Sorry if i got misunderstood, i prefer to keep my aspirin tablets for their original purpose, which is to kill pain.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry if i got misunderstood, i prefer to keep my aspirin tablets for their original purpose, which is to kill pain.

I think I was the one that got misunderstood.  We were talking about headaches. Advil extra strength works wonders over aspirins.  Jess thought I was making a mask with advils.

My husband use to take 4 aspirins with codeine or 4 tylenol with codeine.  He now takes 1 advil extra strength.  great stuff.

Except aspirin i always like to prefer natural treatment...my pimples home remedies are....

*Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. This is a good cure of acne.

*Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.

*Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention. Fresh mint juice is good for the treatment of pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.

*Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.

Originally Posted by pinkrose1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Except aspirin i always like to prefer natural treatment...my pimples home remedies are....

*Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. This is a good cure of acne.

*Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.

*Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention. Fresh mint juice is good for the treatment of pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.

*Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
Won't the tumeric turn your skin yellow?

Lol, advil mask. It's true it's powerful, i can't stand codeine makes me see floating furniture.

I too think the turmeric might make your skin turn yellow.

Back