-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

The Makeup dollar store

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 60 OFFLINE   Allure

Allure

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

I just discovered this and thought I'd share. Everything on it is $1... would be great as stocking stuffers. They also have a UK and an Australia site. On the UK site, everything is a pound. http://www.eyeslipsf...hop/default.asp UK: http://www.eyeslipsf...alog/index.html AUS: http://www.eyeslipsf...hop/default.asp Some of the stuff looks pretty interesting.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

#Post 2 of 60 OFFLINE   karrieann

karrieann

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts
  • Joined 28-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:50 AM

I just saw some of these items at Walmart tonight. Have you used this product line? Some of the cases look kind of cute. Wonder how the brushes are?
Karrie

#Post 3 of 60 OFFLINE   Allure

Allure

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

I haven't used them before, but I'm thinking of making an order. I found this through epinions and the person who made an order thought their products were pretty good.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

#Post 4 of 60 OFFLINE   karrieann

karrieann

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts
  • Joined 28-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured that. One dollar makeup can't be too very good. Darn it!
Karrie

#Post 5 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ $1 mu. The more expensive mu prices are largely based on a name and the packaging. The mu itself probably costs $1. (Note: probably, meaning generally speaking, the mu costs pennies on the dollar that we actually pay). For example, what's wrong w/ Wet N Wild eyeliner, lipliner....nailpolish. Just over a dollar there is the Jordana line. I went to the site you mentioned and in my opinion, there seems to be a hidden catch. Do they send you automatic shipments? Does the price go up after you make your first purchase? It seems too good to be true. Or maybe the shipping is insane?? Who knows. I think I'm going to order something though. I'll let you know how it goes.

#Post 6 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:41 AM

Well, I bought some....I suppose I'll have it early next week, depending on where it's shipped from. It looks like they make their money on package deals they sell which consists of a mu bag and other product. They also have a referral system and an affiliate program. Like I said, I'll let ya know.

#Post 7 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:25 PM

By the way, I found some more info on the line... In cosmetics, it's e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) that has taken the NO-FRILLS CHIC lead: a new line from Scott Borba, the man behind Hard Candy and Neutrogena Men, that improves the skin but doesn't break the bank. All twelve boutique-style products, from acne-preventing Clarifying Pressed Powder to Hypershine Lip Gloss, are only USD 1 each, online and at chic clothing boutique Cantaloup, 1036 Lexington Avenue, at 74th Street. (Source: newyorkmetro.com.).

#Post 8 of 60 OFFLINE   Allure

Allure

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

The person who recommended it on epinions had some nice things to say. Here's her post:

#Post 9 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:19 PM

I ORDERED.... Brightening Eye Color Quads: BUTTERNUT, CASHMERE, NOUVEAU NEUTRALS, LUXE, PRETTY N PINK and SILVER LINING Soothing Lip Gloss in: Cabernet Bronzing Blush Duo in: Chocolate Chip Shimmering Facial Whip in: Pink Lemonade Tools: BLUSHING/BRONZING/BLENDING BRUSH, TOTAL FACE BRUSH, SMUDGE EYE BRUSH, FOUNDATION BRUSH & THE ELF PROFESSIONAL 9 PC MASTER SET. (Because you can never have too many brushes)

#Post 10 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

Yeah! I got all the e/s's!! Worst case scenario - I can give them as a gift to some teeny bopper family member of mine!! Or sell them on Ebay for 1/2 the price!!

#Post 11 of 60 OFFLINE   jennycateyez

jennycateyez

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:17 PM

i never heard of this brand, it looks decent though

#Post 12 of 60 OFFLINE   pretty_94134

pretty_94134

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 23-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

I agree! I have tried the shadows and they do not last at all. Not a great product.

#Post 13 of 60 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

Ive bought a few things and I didnt like most of it. I didnt like the blushes and the bronze/duo was just terrible! But i actually like the total face brush, its pretty good for $1.

#Post 14 of 60 OFFLINE   Cirean

Cirean

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Joined 26-August 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:09 PM

I remember someone posting that they bought about $75 worth of stuff from them. I guess whoever it was isn't posting today/anymore :icon_sad:

#Post 15 of 60 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

Elite Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05
Reviews

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:51 PM

Someone else recommended E.L.F. cosmetics but I can't remember who it was.

#Post 16 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:58 AM

Sorry to hear that, but there is hope for me b/c I believe skin type plays a factor. Some mu works on one person, but not very well on another!! Perhaps w/ UDPP I can get some results. Did you use a primer?

#Post 17 of 60 OFFLINE   glamslam

glamslam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Joined 19-February 05
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:43 AM

I went crazy out of curiosity last year and bought about 40 items all at once (online). I hated almost all of it. The only things I sort of liked were the eye pencils and some shades of the lip gloss. Eye shadows-bad. Facial whips-bad. Tinted Moisturizer-bad. Concealer-bad. Bronzers-bad. Lipstick-so so, the colors were totally not what they looked like online, but the formula was ok. The lip glosses in the click pen form were good, nice and sheer. Similar to Stila's, you know with the brush tip? The wand lip glosses with the sponge tip applicator were really goopy and the colors too opaque for my taste. I didn't try the brushes because back then, they weren't availabe online. I'd say, if you're at Target or whatever, sure, pick up a couple of items and try em out. But don't be stupid like me and buy a bunch of it online. I wasted $40 plus shipping.:icon_mad: By the way I reviewed a lot of the items I tried, check it out if you want.
J e s s i c a GLAMOUR...IT'S WHAT I DO.

#Post 18 of 60 OFFLINE   glamslam

glamslam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Joined 19-February 05
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention the eye pencils. They're good, adequate, fine. BUT...they're short. You could spend the same amount of $$ on Wet n' Wild and get one that's twice as long. So there you go. ;)
J e s s i c a GLAMOUR...IT'S WHAT I DO.

#Post 19 of 60 OFFLINE   eightthirty

eightthirty

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,453 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

Like I said....I still have an ounce of hope. Then again, my expectations aren't too high b/c I only have 6 Mac pigment samples, 1 Stila e/s, a bit of Estee Lauder e/s and a bit of Lancome e/s....so I'm not accustomed to the higher end brands anyway!

#Post 20 of 60 OFFLINE   yazzy

yazzy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:02 PM

My Target store carries these products but I haven't seen brushes there. The only thing I liked was the lip balm & it was decent. However, Chapstick is $1.00 too! yazzy :P
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.
If you are really good, you will get out of it.