The Makeup dollar store

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw some of these items at Walmart tonight. Have you used this product line? Some of the cases look kind of cute. Wonder how the brushes are?

I haven't used them before, but I'm thinking of making an order. I found this through epinions and the person who made an order thought their products were pretty good.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. One dollar makeup can't be too very good.

Darn it!

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ $1 mu. The more expensive mu prices are largely based on a name and the packaging. The mu itself probably costs $1. (Note: probably, meaning generally speaking, the mu costs pennies on the dollar that we actually pay). For example, what's wrong w/ Wet N Wild eyeliner, lipliner....nailpolish. Just over a dollar there is the Jordana line.

I went to the site you mentioned and in my opinion, there seems to be a hidden catch. Do they send you automatic shipments? Does the price go up after you make your first purchase? It seems too good to be true. Or maybe the shipping is insane?? Who knows. I think I'm going to order something though. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, I bought some....I suppose I'll have it early next week, depending on where it's shipped from. It looks like they make their money on package deals they sell which consists of a mu bag and other product. They also have a referral system and an affiliate program. Like I said, I'll let ya know.

The person who recommended it on epinions had some nice things to say. Here's her post:

I ORDERED....

Brightening Eye Color Quads: BUTTERNUT, CASHMERE, NOUVEAU NEUTRALS, LUXE, PRETTY N PINK and SILVER LINING

Soothing Lip Gloss in: Cabernet

Bronzing Blush Duo in: Chocolate Chip

Shimmering Facial Whip in: Pink Lemonade

Tools: BLUSHING/BRONZING/BLENDING BRUSH, TOTAL FACE BRUSH, SMUDGE EYE BRUSH, FOUNDATION BRUSH & THE ELF PROFESSIONAL 9 PC MASTER SET. (Because you can never have too many brushes)

Yeah! I got all the e/s's!! Worst case scenario - I can give them as a gift to some teeny bopper family member of mine!! Or sell them on Ebay for 1/2 the price!!

Ive bought a few things and I didnt like most of it. I didnt like the blushes and the bronze/duo was just terrible! But i actually like the total face brush, its pretty good for $1.

I remember someone posting that they bought about $75 worth of stuff from them. I guess whoever it was isn't posting today/anymore :icon_sad:

Sorry to hear that, but there is hope for me b/c I believe skin type plays a factor. Some mu works on one person, but not very well on another!! Perhaps w/ UDPP I can get some results. Did you use a primer?

I went crazy out of curiosity last year and bought about 40 items all at once (online). I hated almost all of it. The only things I sort of liked were the eye pencils and some shades of the lip gloss. Eye shadows-bad. Facial whips-bad. Tinted Moisturizer-bad. Concealer-bad. Bronzers-bad. Lipstick-so so, the colors were totally not what they looked like online, but the formula was ok. The lip glosses in the click pen form were good, nice and sheer. Similar to Stila's, you know with the brush tip? The wand lip glosses with the sponge tip applicator were really goopy and the colors too opaque for my taste.

I didn't try the brushes because back then, they weren't availabe online. I'd say, if you're at Target or whatever, sure, pick up a couple of items and try em out. But don't be stupid like me and buy a bunch of it online. I wasted $40 plus shipping.:icon_mad: By the way I reviewed a lot of the items I tried, check it out if you want.

Oh, I forgot to mention the eye pencils. They're good, adequate, fine. BUT...they're short. You could spend the same amount of $$ on Wet n' Wild and get one that's twice as long. So there you go. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Like I said....I still have an ounce of hope. Then again, my expectations aren't too high b/c I only have 6 Mac pigment samples, 1 Stila e/s, a bit of Estee Lauder e/s and a bit of Lancome e/s....so I'm not accustomed to the higher end brands anyway!

My Target store carries these products but I haven't seen brushes there. The only thing I liked was the lip balm & it was decent. However, Chapstick is $1.00 too!

yazzy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back