Makeup Sample Boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried some makeup sample boxes? 

For those who don't know, sample boxes are usually once a month specials where you get a variety of makeup/beauty samples for a reasonable price. The ones I know of are My Pretty Pink Box, Birch Box, New Beauty Test Tube, and Beautyfix.

My pretty pink box usually has independent and handmade makeup, some full sized too, usually about 8 or so samples a box. They are sold once a month until supplies run out. The prices usually vary from month to month, but generally is around $10 + shipping.

Birch Box is subscription based, $10 (including shipping) a month, for about 5 deluxe samples from high end brands like Benefit and NARS.

New Beauty Test Tube is subscription based for $30 + shipping 4 times a year and usually are 12 or so deluxe skincare samples and full sized products.

Beautyfix is $50 + shipping a box for about 8 or so full sized name brand products.

So far, I've signed up this month for MPPB and Birchbox. I've gotten Beautyfix in the past. I've seen great reviews for the first two programs, I'm very excited to get my boxes. I've only gotten Beautyfix once and it was great! All of the products were full sized, as mentioned, but you also get to pick the products you want. It is a good deal, but I don't get it often because of the initial cost. It's not very reasonable for my budget. But if you're going to get all those things anyways, it really is a fantastic deal.

Has anyone else had experiences with beauty sampling programs? What did you get in your packages?

I have birchbox and i like it.  Ive received NARS and Stila stuff so far. Of course there will be some items i have not interest but Im happy about the deluxe samples I get.

Me too! I never knew these existed and now I am sooo envious!!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've just heard about it right now and I'm sad that its not in Canada :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by blondepearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox sounds great! Is there a website you can go to?

Yeah, I think it's just birchbox.com!

Yay! I'm definitely going to try Birch Box and MPPB when I get my next paycheck. I've been on a makeup buying binge. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It'll be nice to try some new products!

I got my January 2011 Birchbox in the mail yesterday! OMG, it's so awesome! The packaging is superb and IMO is worth the $10 completely!

Here's an image of what I got:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ytvi3o.jpg

I linked it so that those who don't want to be spoiled don't have to look. It came with 5 items, 4 were beauty samples and one bonus sample (that jar on the right).

Back