Body Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a good body moisturizer!​
 ​
One that smells good, isn't too greasy, hydrates very well, and works for sensitive skin..​
 ​
Maybe one of those moisturizers too that you leave on over night and wash off later?​
 ​
I have no idea what those are called o_O
Lol every time I rub lotion on my skin I always think of Silence of the lamb and Buffalo Bill..​
 ​
"it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.."​

I've been using Novea Body... Smooth Sensation lotion and I love it...  Works well, not greasy and smalle fantastic.....  I also use an Avino lotion that works well but doesn't smell much at all...

Giovanni body butter. I get it from whole foods or walmart. Their stuff is organic and it smells great, I love the Grapefruit sky.

Dove bodysilk is good and cheap. I also like Weleda's calendula bodymilk for babies, and macadamia nut oil (more expensive).

I don't think much about the scent when I moisturize my whole body.  I carry nice smelling lotions in my purse for applying throughout the day.  When I get out of the shower I use the Vaseline clinical therepy and at night before bed I use the St Ives oatmeal and shea butter lotion.  I looove them both, and I've tried a lot of body lotions.  Neither of them have a very big scent, and they moisturize beautifully without being greasy and have good staying power.

I used Nivea body lotion.Nivea cream and lotion is the good moisturizer cream for dry skin.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dove bodysilk is good and cheap. I also like Weleda's calendula bodymilk for babies, and macadamia nut oil (more expensive).

I agree Dove body silk is very good. Love how my skin feels after applying ^-^

I love CeraVe moisturizing cream.  My dermatologist recommended it, and I haven't been without it since!  It moisturizes well and lasts for a LONG time.  The only thing is that it is difficult to find at regular stores.  I buy it at drugstore.com

My everyday body lotion is Eucerin Everyday Protection Body Lotion with spf 15.  It's fragrance-free though.  At night I use Omorovicza Body Cream.  Very hydrating and absorbs well.

I always use Curel lotion. I've tried so many lotions over the years and it's the only one that keeps my skin moisturized and soft all the time. Even by the end of the day. I wear perfume oil instead of spray perfume, so I just scent the lotion with several drops of the oil.

Originally Posted by Tusenskona /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need a good body moisturizer!​
 ​
One that smells good, isn't too greasy, hydrates very well, and works for sensitive skin..​
 ​
Maybe one of those moisturizers too that you leave on over night and wash off later?​
 ​
I have no idea what those are called o_O
Lol every time I rub lotion on my skin I always think of Silence of the lamb and Buffalo Bill..​
 ​
"it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.."​

LMAO @ your silence of the lambs quote.

I like St.Ives & Aveeno for scents.

Cetaphil is good non fragrenced moisturizer, that hydrates really well and is noon greasy.

I swear by Yes to Carrots Deliciously Rich Body Butter! I did a full review on my blog, which you can find here
biggrin.gif

You can use coconut oil before you exit the shower.  It melts with the heat of your hand and the shower.  Whipped shea butter (recipe found on coastalscents.com) is also very moisturizing and all natural.  If you want something lighter, mix hempseed oil and sweet almond oil (1:1) in a pump bottle in the shower and use it before exiting.  I use it to shave my legs and it moisturizes at the same time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by NeutraKris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swear by Yes to Carrots Deliciously Rich Body Butter! I did a full review on my blog, which you can find here
biggrin.gif
I really like this one too. It's quite moisturising & has a lovely subtle smell that doesn't clash with perfume.

I've been using EO Products' Coconut & Lemon Everyone Lotion for Everyone and Every Body and I absolutely love it.  The scent is lovely without being overly strong.  I also like that it's quite natural compared to the big brands - no parabens and no synthetic fragrances.

Hello,

AVEENO Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion is the best body moisturizing lotion.This body lotion helps to calm and relax you as you massage it into your skin, while moisturizing for a full 24 hours to leave skin soft and smooth.

I can't ever settle on just one product and body moisturizer is no exception. My skin is somewhat sensitive, and pretty dry - especially in the winter. I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter since high school. I'm not sure that it helps with stretch marks, but it hydrates well, doesn't irritate my skin, and I like the scent. I've even gotten compliments on it when I wasn't wearing any other fragrance. My rheumatologist suggested CeraVe to me, they have a lotion and cream. No detectable scent but it works well. I stirred in some essential oil to my body cream to give it some scent. Last, my current favorite is EO Products body lotion in Lemon Verbena. The scents are not cloying, but have a nice scent.

I use the Alba Botanicals, The Body Shop, and Origins Body Butters on my body.  For my hands, I like The Body Shop's almond hand care line.

I LOVE Organix Moroccan argan oil lotion and Dry Body Oil. They moisturize wonderfully and smell amazing!

Back