Moisturizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a combination of oily and dry skin. And I need a moisturizer that helps both at the same time. And one that will not block pores.

Weleda - almond hydrating cream

La Roche Posay - Effaclar

Laneige -  Waterbank cream 2

Bioderma - Hyseac mattifying moisturizer (for summer)

Korres - Thyme honey moisturizer (for winter)

Skinfood - hydrating cream

If these brands are available, Lavera and Logona make nice balancing moisturizers for combination skins.

Hope that helps !

Or Cetaphil. I have combo-dry with a sensitive bonus (thanks, Magosienne, lol) and it's the best commercial one for me.

I second Cetaphil.

It is non greasy, fragrence free and for sensitive skin.

Originally Posted by mcarazee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are are they oil free? Or are sone oils good?
There are many oils that are good for the skin.  Sweet almond oil, jojoba, olive oil, macadamia nut, shea oil, hempseed oil are all very good for your skin.  Its oil free that you should stay away from, its the type of oils that you should stay away from.  Petrol products are what you should stay away from.

Oils are indeed ghood for your skin, i can also suggest hazelnut specifically for combination to oily skins. The moisturizers i suggested do contain oils, but only oils that will help your skin condition. The Korres moisturizer also contains honey (thyme honey is supposed to be one of the best in the whole world, i can only say my skin loves it).

And these oils won't block pores? Because I already have oily skin (T area) but it's flaky at the same tym. So I need a face moisturizer that hydrates and heals the flaky areas but not make my face more oily.

Quote: Originally Posted by mcarazee link So are are they oil free? Or are sone oils good? There are many oils that are good for the skin. Sweet almond oil, jojoba, olive oil, macadamia nut, shea oil, hempseed oil are all very good for your skin. Its oil free that you should stay away from, its the type of oils that you should stay away from. Petrol products are what you should stay away from.
Oil free moisturizers are bad?

Each product is different. Read the ingredients and see.  I've never used an oil free moisturizer.  I find it contradictory.  Mineral oils are generally not the best products for your skin.  If you are constantly using products that dry out your skin, you will find that your skin will make more oil to compensate for that dryness.  It's a vicious cycle. 

I use an oil cleansing method.  It has changed my skin considerably because I have eczema. My skin has normalized and cleared up.  Some oils will actually help unclog pores because oils will dissolve dirt plugs that clog pores. Oils don't clog your pores, its the dirt that mixes with oils that get trapped and plugs up your pores.    The oil/dirt dries and create plugs.  Using oils to dissolve the dirt plugs will help clear your skin.  Jojoba oil is a wax and it is the closest in composition to the sebum produced by your own skin.  I use a 70% jojoba and 30% castor oil mixture to clean my face.  It does an excellent job in removing my makeup.  I use a jojoba/sweet almond/shea oil mix to moisturize afterwards.

What i think you don't understand is oils won't make your skin more oily than it already is, on the contrary they help balance it. Like Diva said if you use agents that dry your skin, it will only produce more sebum to compensate. Oils are gentle, if you're gentle with your skin, then it won't feel the need for a past aggression.

Also i apply sunscreen first, then warm the moisturizer with my fingers and apply it in a massaging motion. I find by doing that i apply less moisturizer and it sinks in more quickly. This helps my skin too.

I have combination oily skin, and I swear by Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's amazing <3

Oh thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my skin is just sensitive to many things. Just one more question. Are oil free moisturizers bad for skin?

Originally Posted by mcarazee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh thanks
smile.gif
my skin is just sensitive to many things. Just one more question. Are oil free moisturizers bad for skin?

I answered that already ^^^  It depends on what product and what ingredients are in the oil free moisturizer.  Each brand, each product has different ingredients, some good some bad.  I can't generalize and say that all oil-free moisturizers are bad, just like I can't say that all 'natural' products are good.

Argan oil is expensive and I can only buy it online.  I've not tried it.  There are lots of more inexpensive oils that are great for skin.

Thanks for sharing with us. Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and produce more oil than is needed. The oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine. The pores are enlarged and the skin has a coarse look. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by toki1004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what about argan oil? has anyone tried that?

It's excpensive and i thought it was more for dry skins. I would try other oils before this one.

I also recommend Cetaphil. I have only oily skin, so I use a mattifying moisturizer during the day and a Reviva Labs moisturizer at night, but Reviva Labs products can be a bit pricey for some. Cetaphil products are found at any drugstore, Walmart, Target, etc. and are extremely affordable. They're also dermatologist tested and recommended!

Back