-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Belk's The New Pretty (a comparison to Sephora's Endless Blockbuster)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 4 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,594 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

So originally my video was going to be a haul video then it was going to be review and what it actually ended up being was more of a comparison. I posted this on my blog.

The New Pretty - The Ultimate Makeup Artist Palette can be found at Belk.com for only $4.99 ($8 flat shipping). I first saw this on a Youtube channel where the person who did the video stated it was on sale for $7.99 (which is what I paid). Needless to say I saw and loved it and figured even if I ended up not liking it I'd give it to my teenage daughter.

I paid less than what I thought (in shipping). My total price was $13.94 and right now with the sale and shipping it's only $12.99 (95 cents less than I what I paid). Hey that's a great steal in my opinion for a starter set for a teenager if you end up not liking it.

In my video I compared it to the SEPHORA COLLECTION Endless Color Blockbuster ($435 Value) which I bought last year for $48. The new pretty has 96 eyeshadow shades, 64 lipgloss shades, 12 blush shades, 2 sponge applicators, 2 blush brushes and 2 lip applicators. The applicators provided are junk but so are the ones in the Sephora collection.

The quality between the two is similar but I haven't had the chance to sit down and really play with The New Pretty. I did swatch a couple blushes from it and it's really pigmented.

The New Pretty comes with 96 Eyeshadow shades, 64 Lipgloss shades, 12 blush shades, 2 sponge applicators, 2 blush brushes and 2 lip applicators.

Sephora's Endless Color Blockbuster comes with 98 Sephora Iridescent Effect Eyeshadow Shades, 70 Sephora Shiny Lip Glosses, 6 Sephora Cream Eyeliners, 2 Sephora Lip Liners, 3 Sephora Eyeliners, 3 blushes, 1 Mascara and 4 Applicators.

I'll ended up doing an actual review on it at some point in time but for now it's a comparison between the two products. I love my Sephora collection BUT it was $48 and The New Pretty was only $7.99 for me. I'm still shocked it's now $4.99.

I'm not compensated or affiliated with Belk but figured you guys might want to pick one or two up for Christmas/Birthdays/gifts.

#Post 2 of 4 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,594 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

Added some picture comparisons to my blog and here.

Picture comparisons.

The New Pretty vs Sephora's blushes:
The New PrettyEndless Blockbuster

The New Pretty vs Sephora's glosses:
The New Pretty
The New PrettyThe New Pretty
Endless Blockbuster

Endless BlockbusterEndless Blockbuster

The New Pretty vs Sephora's eye shadows:
The New PrettyThe New Pretty
Endless BlockbusterEndless Blockbuster

Sephora's Endless Blockbuster's mascara and liners:
Endless Blockbuster

#Post 3 of 4 OFFLINE   Sarah Afshar

Sarah Afshar

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11
Reviews

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

It's very affordable. It may not possess quality as good as Sephora, but it is relatively easy on the bank account. 

#Post 4 of 4 OFFLINE   kikikinzz

kikikinzz

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10
Reviews

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

By looks alone, I can't tell which is which!  Good comparison.....