-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Reverse raccoon eyes - concealer flashback

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   purple.haze

purple.haze

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 16-March 10
Reviews

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hey girls,

I have fairly dark under eye circles so I always put concealer on top of my foundation. However, I have noticed that with flash photography (sometimes flash can't be avoided in dark places such as a bar), my concealer flashes back and my under eye area is considerably lighter than the rest of my face. I've noticed this with pretty much every concealer I've used (Laura Mercier, MUFE full cover, coverfx concealer, mac pro longwear, thebalm time balm, covergirl). --yes, I'm a concealer junkie I know lol, but with my dark circles and tiny fine lines under my eyes, I keep experimenting to try to find the best concealers that don't cake up.

Any suggestions to get rid of the flashback with flash photography? (any suggestions to concealers that don't cake up are also welcome lol, i'm always willing to try new ones)

Thanks! xox

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   purple.haze

purple.haze

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 16-March 10
Reviews

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

Also, sometimes I set the concealer with benefit powderflage or mac mineralize skinfinish ( i know the mineralize skinfinish photographs horribly too), but other days I don't set it with anything and still flashback. Any ingredients the concealer shouldn't contain to avoid this? thanks!

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   Sarah Afshar

Sarah Afshar

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11
Reviews

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

I have tried an array of different concealers. I find that there are several that do this, however; there are several that do not. Some of those concealers include:

-Laura Mercier Under Eye Perfecter

-Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer

-Erno Laszlo Multi pHase Concealer

-Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Concealer

-Chantecaille Total Concealer

-MAC Select Cover Concealer

just to name a few...

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   jjsboys

jjsboys

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 05-April 11
Reviews

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

I have some concealed from signature club a 4 step comaflage concealed and I think its from offs not sure how to use concealed my face looks ugly when I put mineral on top my nose and around the nose looks cakey. Any sugestions thanks

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   kikikinzz

kikikinzz

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10
Reviews

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

I'm a HUGE fan of Laura Geller's "Real Deal" concealer.  Just a pinch covers the whole face   Since you're not using alot, it minimizes the "flashback" you get from the camera.  And trust me when I say, it covers EVERYTHING!!!!!

image.jpg

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   GirlyEnthusiast

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
Reviews

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

This is my HG concealer. Can't say enough good things about it. Tiny little dab and you're covered for the day and looks great under a flash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikinzz View Post

I'm a HUGE fan of Laura Geller's "Real Deal" concealer.  Just a pinch covers the whole face   Since you're not using alot, it minimizes the "flashback" you get from the camera.  And trust me when I say, it covers EVERYTHING!!!!!

image.jpg

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   Amber204

Amber204

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 25-March 11
Reviews

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

I've never worn under eye concealer but as I get older I'm seeing the need for it!! 

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   IDOMAKEUP

IDOMAKEUP

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 05-April 11
Reviews

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

There are fantastic eye creams (eye revitalizers) that help reverse the effects of dark circles! I used to have them horribly! Yes concealer will only do so much - but as we all know - the eye area is thinner and easily destructible! Take the action to help your layers of skin from the base up! That is what will make the difference!

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   purple.haze

purple.haze

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 16-March 10
Reviews

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Which eye creams have you used that have helped with your dark circles? I've tried a variety and none of them work so I've given up on trying and just been concealing since mine are genetic.

Thanks! :)

Originally Posted by IDOMAKEUP View Post

There are fantastic eye creams (eye revitalizers) that help reverse the effects of dark circles! I used to have them horribly! Yes concealer will only do so much - but as we all know - the eye area is thinner and easily destructible! Take the action to help your layers of skin from the base up! That is what will make the difference!

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   purple.haze

purple.haze

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 16-March 10
Reviews

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Thank you ladies, I'll be sure to try it out when I can get my hands on it!

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

This is my HG concealer. Can't say enough good things about it. Tiny little dab and you're covered for the day and looks great under a flash.

Quote:

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   Sarah Afshar

Sarah Afshar

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11
Reviews

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

I have never had trouble with under-eye circles, however; I have a girlfriend who had a problem with them. She uses "100% Pure's Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream" and it worked great for her. You can find it at 100% Pure Cosmetics and sometimes QVC.