Reverse raccoon eyes - concealer flashback

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls,

I have fairly dark under eye circles so I always put concealer on top of my foundation. However, I have noticed that with flash photography (sometimes flash can't be avoided in dark places such as a bar), my concealer flashes back and my under eye area is considerably lighter than the rest of my face. I've noticed this with pretty much every concealer I've used (Laura Mercier, MUFE full cover, coverfx concealer, mac pro longwear, thebalm time balm, covergirl). --yes, I'm a concealer junkie I know lol, but with my dark circles and tiny fine lines under my eyes, I keep experimenting to try to find the best concealers that don't cake up.

Any suggestions to get rid of the flashback with flash photography? (any suggestions to concealers that don't cake up are also welcome lol, i'm always willing to try new ones)

Thanks! xox

Also, sometimes I set the concealer with benefit powderflage or mac mineralize skinfinish ( i know the mineralize skinfinish photographs horribly too), but other days I don't set it with anything and still flashback. Any ingredients the concealer shouldn't contain to avoid this? thanks!

I have tried an array of different concealers. I find that there are several that do this, however; there are several that do not. Some of those concealers include:

-Laura Mercier Under Eye Perfecter

-Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer

-Erno Laszlo Multi pHase Concealer

-Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Concealer

-Chantecaille Total Concealer

-MAC Select Cover Concealer

just to name a few...

I have some concealed from signature club a 4 step comaflage concealed and I think its from offs not sure how to use concealed my face looks ugly when I put mineral on top my nose and around the nose looks cakey. Any sugestions thanks

I'm a HUGE fan of Laura Geller's "Real Deal" concealer.  Just a pinch covers the whole face 
biggrin.gif
  Since you're not using alot, it minimizes the "flashback" you get from the camera.  And trust me when I say, it covers EVERYTHING!!!!!

This is my HG concealer. Can't say enough good things about it. Tiny little dab and you're covered for the day and looks great under a flash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of Laura Geller's "Real Deal" concealer.  Just a pinch covers the whole face 
biggrin.gif
  Since you're not using alot, it minimizes the "flashback" you get from the camera.  And trust me when I say, it covers EVERYTHING!!!!!

I've never worn under eye concealer but as I get older I'm seeing the need for it!! 

There are fantastic eye creams (eye revitalizers) that help reverse the effects of dark circles! I used to have them horribly! Yes concealer will only do so much - but as we all know - the eye area is thinner and easily destructible! Take the action to help your layers of skin from the base up! That is what will make the difference!

Which eye creams have you used that have helped with your dark circles? I've tried a variety and none of them work so I've given up on trying and just been concealing since mine are genetic.

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by IDOMAKEUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are fantastic eye creams (eye revitalizers) that help reverse the effects of dark circles! I used to have them horribly! Yes concealer will only do so much - but as we all know - the eye area is thinner and easily destructible! Take the action to help your layers of skin from the base up! That is what will make the difference!

Thank you ladies, I'll be sure to try it out when I can get my hands on it!

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my HG concealer. Can't say enough good things about it. Tiny little dab and you're covered for the day and looks great under a flash.

Quote:

I have never had trouble with under-eye circles, however; I have a girlfriend who had a problem with them. She uses "100% Pure's Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream" and it worked great for her. You can find it at 100% Pure Cosmetics and sometimes QVC.

Back