How can I get rid of dark circles under my eyes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a light skin myself and some dark circles, not enough to make me look like a panda, but definitely to bother me.

Mine are blueish considering my skin is so thin my veins show through.

So what i do is apply a salmon liquid concealer (a salmon, peachy color will counteract blue). It's the select moisture cover concealer from MAC, in NW20.

Technically you should apply your foundation first because your foundation already hides some of your problem areas. But with my salmon concealer, and maybe also because i'm a tad lazy, i prefer to apply it before.

You can also try a yellow based concealer, it's pretty much the universal color of concealer, that way it can be multitasking. Make sure you pick the right color, hat's the most important. Usually i will ask for advice from a pro.

Concealer comes in liquid, creamy or thick consistency. The heavier the texture, the fuller the coverage. Considering you don't have much dark circles, a light texture is better. Thick textures are also cakey under the eyes, actually they're made to conceal spots on your face but not your undereye area.

I apply a creamy concealor (light beigy peach colour) with a brush, on all of the darkness around my eyes. Under brows, above the corner (tear duct), at the corner and a bit underneath.

The brush I used is primarily used for applying lipcolour, so it's quite small.

Using a sponge, I push the concealer into the dark areas and blend.

Then I apply a light vanilla eyeshadow on top of the concealer, with an eyeshadow brush.

This seals the concealor and it neutralizes the colour even more.

The end result is my darkness is completely covered and stays in place.

(Concealer is Revlon and shadow is Annabelle)

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And what if her dark circles are caused by heredity or by allergies...

Then she can't do anything. I have mine because of both and I've had dark circles even since I was like 8! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm doomed. Concealer is my only friend...Check out these videos by Goss

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And what if her dark circles are caused by heredity or by allergies...

...which accounts for the majority of people with dark circles I think!

It´s normal that your dark circles look worse when you didn´t get enough rest lately, but every single person I know that has had dark circles for a while is stuck with them (myself included). Some days they look worse and some days they look better, but there isn´t much you can do at all - and dermatologists tend to agree with that.
frown.gif

You must get plenty of rest because it is common to have dark circles under your eyes when you haven't slept enough. You need to maintain a well balanced diet and make sure that you are always fully hydrated. Drink 8 glasses of water each day to help flush out the toxins and keep your skin moisturized. This is a sure fire way to reduce and prevent these under eye circles.

Well there are lots of products out there to cover them but what I have found that works for the puffiness is taking an allergy pill before bed.  Alot of the puffy/bags under the eye area is due to allergies.  I have found this helps alot, if you aren't averse to taking medication. 

that was all good advice about the makeup.  that's why they make concealer in the first place!

Use a concealer.  It will perfectly hide those dark circles.  But, of course, it's best not to have them.  Apply an eye cream that has vitamin K - diminishes dark circles.

I'm so glade someone talked abut this because I have dark circle under my eyes two and now I know what product will be good to cover them thanks to the thread creator and all the helpful answers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have really bad dark circles and have been fighting them for the past year or so.  Sometimes you can't do anything about them.  You should try a highly pigmented concealer.  You'll most likely have to splurge when it comes to concealers.  Good brands to try are Bobbie Brown, Amazing Cosmetics Concealer, Benefit Erase Paste etc etc.  Using a light reflecting product will also help like YSL touche Eclat or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector (the highlighting side).

Hello dear,
I have some home remedy for dark circles. Hope it will also help you. Try it:-

• Drink at least ten glasses of water every day.
• Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, especially for people having dark circles under their eyes.
• Wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 under the eyes to prevent skin weakening caused by sun damage.
• Use plain cool teabags over closed eyes. Don’t use herbal teabags, because most aren't as effective.
• Apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes.
• Make a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.

Hi gorgeous,

Here are some tips for your dark circles

Apply the aloe vera gel it will remove your dark circle in a very few days than any other remedy. Make sure you have pure aloe vera gel Also if you don't have a good sleep for a long time, it is easy for you to get the dark circles under the eyes The latest, effective and soothing peel for dark circles is argi peel which contains Arginine, lactic acid, allantoin and aloevera.  It also lessens inflammation and helps increase blood circulation to the injured part of the eye area. The Aloe Vera gel also helps in reducing dark circles 

Back