Prom makeup for yellow dress

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

So my prom is in three weeks and i have no idea how i want my make up.

Im wearing a floorlenghth bright yellow dress.

I am going to wear silver accesories.

My eyes are green, i have tan skin, tho my face is whiter than the rest of me. i have blonde hair as well. 

Please help.

Thanks

p.s. i like things more on the simpler side
icon_lol.gif

Winged liner and red lips. If the red lips are a bit much then just a nude lip or clear gloss?

Yellow dress makes me think vibrant purples, but I don't know how those go with your eyes. I don't know what style, either, just the colours I want you to have. Royal and indigo and wonderful purples, then nude to pink lips, was my thought

Otherwise, simple black liner and plain eyes, with a brighter lip

Pic of the dress?

You have lots of choices really here are a couple of ideas. Natural eyes, hint of eyeliner hot pink lips on the left, a more nude look on the right. For more yellow dresses and look visit http://www.promdressshop.com/

I would probably do a shimmery brown look with the eyes. Champagne sparkly highlighter, espresso brown on the lids with a sharp ivy green in the crease and under the lower lashes. Deep brown eyeliner on top and bottom, LOTS of good waterproof mascara. Make your eyes pop so go suble on the lips. Maybe a latte shade or light sand. And a good not-to-sticky gloss. If you want specific items or colors, let me know!! Good luck, have fun, be safe and post photos afterwards!!!

The first thing I thought of was Green+Blue+Gold.. but then you have green eyes and it might not pop but shadow them.

Try a bronzey (more of a redish gold bronze) smokey look.

If you want to be a little bit more dramatic, try the yellow+pink look by Temptalia. Pink and Yellow should make your green eyes stand out but also suit the colour of your dress without matching too much with it since there is minimal yellow in this look. The pink will make your dress more summery but also works with your silver accessories. However if you go for this dramatic look, the rest of your makeup needs to be more neutral (I think her lips are a little too bright... might be better with a coral than a hot pink but if you like it then go for it) otherwise it'll be too many focus points to look at and it won't go well.

Ooo! I like this one too!

Originally Posted by Ngelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

try the yellow+pink look by Temptalia. Pink and Yellow should make your green eyes stand out but also suit the colour of your dress without matching too much with it since there is minimal yellow in this look.

While doing research I realised that yellow dresses are always paired with simple and bronzy makeup.  A subtle smokey eye even. 

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah - but this is PROM! Subtle is so - simple... how about some glam for your one time deal?! 

My vote is for glam eyes. 
The problem with having TOO much makeup at prom is if the girl is going to be dancing the night away I think the last thing she'd want to do is run to the bathroom every five minutes to fix her makeup. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's prom after all not a pageant stage.

Going off your style, it's sounds like you are simple yet contemporary. How about a sun-kised look to go with your sun-kissed dress?  I'd opt to contour your face using a bronzer (I like dior's ,but whatever works best for you), using a nude blush (tenderling by MAC), and a copper brown shadow on your lid (I like Lorac's Tanteleyes). For even more simplicity, just stick to winged liner on the top lids with the tan shadows, and wearing nothing on the bottom parts of your eye.

Simple light colored/sheer gloss is what I'd say for the lips!

Best of luck! I love yellow great choice! Be safe on your prom night :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh. Paris Hilton. But I agree with the bronzie pretty look.

I'd go for a light yellow-y and silvery eye look to pull everything together with pretty black liner. Don't do fake lashes at prom. Too much work fixing them 

Well...this is an old thread and she probably had prom last weekend! So the advice is a bit late. lol I'd have gone for the bronze smokey eyes and probably a nude or otherwise understated lipstick. I didn't go to my prom, didn't have a boyfriend at the time, and was so shy wasn't likely to be asked. To be honest, I was okay with that, I think I would have been stressed out by having to socialize with people I didn't especially like. I didn't like the cliques in high school and those would be the people who would have been there. My class reunion should be this summer though and I would like to go to that and see how people have changed and what happened to them. I'm nosy like that. lol

Back