-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Dupe of MAC Candy Yum Yum

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 21 OFFLINE   Kattatonic

Kattatonic

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Do any of you know of a good Candy Yum Yum dupe? I've been looking around and Revlon has one kinda close and so does Makeup Forever, but it's just not the same enough for me. I reallly like the neon in it, that's what i'm looking for, and i reallly reallly want it to be matte. Any ideas? Because as you may know by now, it's sold out every where,...well except for on ebay. But i don't have $50 to spend on a tube of lipstick...though i am tempted.

----Bright Looks By the Dozen----
----------Random Reviews------------
http://kattatonic.blogspot.com/
-------------Updated Daily-------------

#Post 2 of 21 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

I don't have Candy Yum Yum but judging by this picture from Turtle Beauty Wet 'n' Wild's 511B Nouveau Pink maybe a close match.

Sorry about the condition of my lipstick since my daughter was using it for Pink Day at her school. Best thing about it is that lipstick by WnW is either 99 cents or $1.99. It doesn't look like it's a perfect dupe but it's night time here and my light is crappy.

IMG_5625.JPGImg_2351.jpg

#Post 3 of 21 OFFLINE   Kattatonic

Kattatonic

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

Humm preety dang close, thank you for the tip, i'm definatly gonna have to try this one. :)

#Post 4 of 21 OFFLINE   MakeupofDesire

MakeupofDesire

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

That's the first time I've seen Candy Yum Yum. I've heard of it, but wasn't interested, but now that I've seen it, of course, I want it.  And because I want it, it's out of stock! Typical!  Guess I'll have to go for the dupe b/c I'm not paying $50 for a tube of l/s!  Certain colors in the past I did, but b/c I spent so much on it, I don't want to use it so much.  So it doesn't make much sense. Go Dupes! LOL

Bring the best to your vanity! Click here to visit our site.

#Post 5 of 21 OFFLINE   Sarah Afshar

Sarah Afshar

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

Some dupes I would recommend are...

-Illamasqua Lipstick in Corrupt ($22)

-NYX Black Label Lipstick in Italian Chic ($7.50, but is on sale for $6.00 at CC)

-Lime Crime Lipstick in Countessa Fluorescent ($16)

...just to name a few.

My cosmetic manufacturer for my line just sent me a lipstick sample in a shade that looks almost identical to Yum Yum. Interesting.

#Post 6 of 21 OFFLINE   Kattatonic

Kattatonic

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions!

#Post 7 of 21 OFFLINE   Relocation

Relocation

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 31-March 11

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

While we're on the topic of MAC dupes and I don't want to start a new thread, anyone know a good one for Cream with Your Coffee? I actually was going to buy it, but it's been out of stock the last couple times I was there, and besides, I don't really need to spend that many moneys on it

#Post 8 of 21 OFFLINE   sweetie123

sweetie123

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-April 11

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Okay a very very VERY close match to candy yum yum is Rose Hip by Milani. It can be bought at WalMart for about $4. I couldn't get my hands on candy yum yum, so I went searching for a load pink and found it. I was able to get a Candy Yum Yum from some one I know for $25 and i was EXTREMELY SURPRISED at how close they were in color once I had them both side by side. I kind of feel like it was a waste to buy the real one. Photo on 2011-04-21 at 23.42.jpg

• jessicagauthier likes this

#Post 9 of 21 OFFLINE   sweetie123

sweetie123

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-April 11

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

I really good dupe for candy yum yum is Rose Hip by Milani. It's about 4 dollars at walmart. I bought it win I couldn't get my hands on any candy yum yum. I was able to get one unexpectedly and after comparing the two, I can't believe how close they are!!! (sorry if this is my 2nd post, the 1st one isn't showing up) But any one interested in getting this color, and aren't concerned with the tube/ brand, should try Rose Hip out. You won't be disappointed. Photo on 2011-04-21 at 23.42.jpg

#Post 10 of 21 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Relocation View Post

While we're on the topic of MAC dupes and I don't want to start a new thread, anyone know a good one for Cream with Your Coffee? I actually was going to buy it, but it's been out of stock the last couple times I was there, and besides, I don't really need to spend that many moneys on it

Here's what Cream With Your Coffee looks like on the lip (picture from Temptalia.com)

lipswatchcremeteamcreme.jpgMAC Cremeteam Cremesheen Lipsticks: Creme Cup, Creme In Your Coffee, Crosswires, Lickable

Possibly a Rimmel London lipstick might match such as Rimmel London's Show Off Lipstick in Have Fun! Also try Maybelline in Blushing Brunette (from Temptalia dupe list).

#Post 11 of 21 OFFLINE   Kattatonic

Kattatonic

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by sweetie123 View Post

Okay a very very VERY close match to candy yum yum is Rose Hip by Milani. It can be bought at WalMart for about $4. I couldn't get my hands on candy yum yum, so I went searching for a load pink and found it. I was able to get a Candy Yum Yum from some one I know for $25 and i was EXTREMELY SURPRISED at how close they were in color once I had them both side by side. I kind of feel like it was a waste to buy the real one. Photo on 2011-04-21 at 23.42.jpg

Alright, off to the store to get that now. Lol. I got 4 bright pink lipsticks over the weekend. And i'm still not entirely content

#Post 12 of 21 OFFLINE   jeanarick

jeanarick

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

Th one of the best dupes I've seen for Candy Yum Yum. It's a layering of products that are all basically Fuscia in color. Jesse's Girl Lip Liner - Pucker Up http://www.makeuptal...1000/height/500 Covergirl Queen Lipstick - Spellbound http://www.makeuptal...1000/height/500 NYX Lipgloss - African Queen http://www.makeuptal...1000/height/500

#Post 13 of 21 OFFLINE   jeanarick

jeanarick

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

Another good dupe layering a lip liner under a lipstick

NYX Lip Liner in Fuschia

d_14380.jpg

Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in 905D

hwthumb.asp.jpg

#Post 14 of 21 OFFLINE   MakeupofDesire

MakeupofDesire

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I am definitely going to try to pick up the dupe to the Yum Yum from the Milani line. It looks so close!  The color looks absolutely gorgeous and I don't think I have anything quite that bright.  I don't think the UD lipstick in Jilted is quite the same. I don't have the Yum Yum to compare it to though.  Maybe if I get the Milani dupe I will compare the two of them and see how close they are to one another.  Will report back if I get the dupe color.

Bring the best to your vanity! Click here to visit our site.

#Post 15 of 21 OFFLINE   zahsmar1489

zahsmar1489

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 01-May 11

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi, today I just found the perfect dupe for the MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick, it's Stila Long wear Lipstick in Exhilarated. It's matte as Candy Yum Yum. Look it up =)

#Post 16 of 21 OFFLINE   Actionmags

Actionmags

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

I have found a dupe of candy yum yum

if you have access to barry M try the lip paint in 52

check out swatches here

http://www.emeraldey...r.blogspot.com/

blog 033.JPG

#Post 17 of 21 OFFLINE   msmari

msmari

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 22-August 11

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

yes i got this color too from Barry M.. VERY close to candy yum yum

#Post 18 of 21 OFFLINE   Avywuvy

Avywuvy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 26-September 09

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

I think Barry M in Shocking Pink is a good alternative. Sorry no post/swatch to compare with but you can search the net anyhow :D

#Post 19 of 21 OFFLINE   makeupbox

makeupbox

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

SAM_8591.JPG

Barry M 52 Shocking Pink is by far the best match in terms of shade and the matte texture, but it's slightly more pigmented (and that's a good thing).

Lime Crime Countessa Fluorescent is too warm-based and not deep enough to be a dupe for Candy Yum Yum.

#Post 20 of 21 OFFLINE   Rehia Anderson

Rehia Anderson

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-May 12

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kattatonic View Post

Do any of you know of a good Candy Yum Yum dupe? I've been looking around and Revlon has one kinda close and so does Makeup Forever, but it's just not the same enough for me. I reallly like the neon in it, that's what i'm looking for, and i reallly reallly want it to be matte. Any ideas? Because as you may know by now, it's sold out every where,...well except for on ebay. But i don't have $50 to spend on a tube of lipstick...though i am tempted.

BARRY M'S # 62 is identical, especially with #12 lipliner