Defined Brows - Yay or Nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While blog hopping this morning, one of my favorite bloggers posted a question on brows.  Whether it's ok or not.  I love neat brows yes, well tailored and taken care of, however, there is the extreme.  Many celebs are doing it these days and it's kinda on the scary side and makes the face look a bit harsh.  A fine example below.  These brows remind me of when drag queens cover their brows and draw in new ones....

How do you like your brows?

Source

My brows are naturally thin and sparse. I typically would lightly draw them in, skinny. Over the last few months I've using darker brown matte eyeshadow and an angled brush. I've gotten MASSIVE compliments on how I've been doing them lately. This picture above is a bit extreme though!

The picture above is extreme, i agree.

I like my brows defined, i fill in the holes and correct their shape and length, it's a big pet peeve for me. I find my eyebrows thick enough so i don't thicken them. I don't like thin eyebrows to the point they look like a line, but i don't like thick eyebrows either.

I find that getting eyebrows right is one of the hardest things. Don't want to look like a drag queen, but I need more definition. I've tried light strikes with an eyebrow pencil in the direction of growth, but they still look too fine,and the inner edge close to the nose is hard to get right for me.

I am still in the process of getting my brows to look right.  Some times they look good on their own, sometimes they definitely need some pencil re-working (like now).

I really like defined brows, but not to the thickness of the brows in the picture you posted they're just too much. I think that defined brows just makes someone look so much more polished

When I started filling in my brows I started to keep them thin as well. It's kinda scary how filling them in a little makes them look so much bigger. =x

I wear glasses, have low brows and hooded eyes, so I need all the space I can get. Too thick for me and I look disproportionate. Dx

I honestly don't think it looks too bad if you have enough space, but most can't pull it off.

I think Kim looks gorgeous. The woman on the left has a dragesque look, but mainly because of the overly contoured nose. The woman on the right is beautiful.

I like defined browns but not super thick ones.  I'm not a fan of super thin ones either or the over plucked badly shaped "fish hook" ones. 

I prefer more of a straight, full brow as opposed to something very arched. I don't think it's the harsh in Kim's photo that bothers me, but the almost fluorescent brow highlight. Probably a case of wanting what I can't have, but these are my favourites: Naturally, I have very sparse brows, and I fill them in as much as I can without looking too fake. I try and extend them out, as well, as the tails are almost non-existent. I do prefer something a bit softer than what MAs tend to do to me.

I prefer defined brows over wispy or fuzzy brows. Lala's brows look great, Kim's are a bit too thick!

I liked defined brows, but in moderation!

On another note, the nose contouring in that photo is AWFUL!!!

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On another note, the nose contouring in that photo is AWFUL!!!
OMG I didn't even notice that before..ewww scary 
icon_eek.gif

Ahh Maris these are how my brows look so of course I prefer the not so notiable arch as well, Gwen definitely has some killer brows but I don't like how thin they are, looking back to my teen years I wore them to thin as well so now I just pluck around the edges and color lightly with a powder filler!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah! Classic and beautiful.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer more of a straight, full brow as opposed to something very arched. I don't think it's the harsh in Kim's photo that bothers me, but the almost fluorescent brow highlight. Probably a case of wanting what I can't have, but these are my favourites:

Gwen's brows are perfect to me! The brows in the first post are too thick for my liking. My brows are really short so I draw them longer.

I prefer enhancing what's there. However, if I'm going for a look from a specific era--like the liz or M. monroe pics, I'd fill in the brows uber-enhancing their natural shape. If I do this, I don't where dark shadows, and keep the shadows very close to the crease. Here's a marilyn monroe look I did a while back (I lined the hell out of my lips and brows lol!):

Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Kim looks gorgeous. The woman on the left has a dragesque look, but mainly because of the overly contoured nose. The woman on the right is beautiful.

I agree with you. Besides, I prefer eye brows like that rather than thin brows. 

Latest posts

Back