Dresses: How short is too short?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
summer is coming,gf just shopping dresses, but I really don't know what length will be too short. I'm thinking anything under 30 inches is out for sure, but maybe you guys can help? If this Halter Dress ,I mean too short

[referral spam removed]

now length is a personal choice. i personally think it's too short, but it has to be what your comfortable with and what is appropriate for the situation you are wearing it in. 

yeah, it's definitely a personal preference thing. if you feel comfortable in something that length, go for it. I went to a college where all dresses and skirts had to be knee-length, so for me, nothing above knee length would really be comfortable.

Definitely depends on how you'll fill that dress and age. I'm currently having issues when older (45+) women in really short dresses. 
sadno.gif

personally i think any dress that covers all the bits are good! lol. I'm not very tall so I like short dresses, medium length dresses make my legs blergh, especially when my legs arn't very straight. like others said i think it's more of a personal choice to suit your needs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> gorgeous dress tho

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you've got the bod to rock it, I say go for it!!

totally agreeing with jean here.

I think this "dress" is way too short though:

what are people thinking when they leave the house like this.  I can't even imagine wearing an outfit like that

That is a shirt.  I'd either have to be completely drunk or drugged to wear that.  They look like crack whores that got dumped from a john's car and they didn't have the chance to dress.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

totally agreeing with jean here.

I think this "dress" is way too short though:

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a shirt.  I'd either have to be completely drunk or drugged to wear that.  They look like crack whores that got dumped from a john's car and they didn't have the chance to dress.

Lmao

My first thought was that if she stood up straight, you'd see her crotch of her underwear. 

I think that in most cases the fingertip rule holds strong.

Stand up straight, arms down. If it doesn't go to your fingertips, it's a bit too short.

But my test when I'm feeling confident - bend over as far as you possibly would during that day -- did you reveal anything?

Latest posts

Back