-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Has Anyone Tried ELF Mineral Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

You can get ELF products at Winners in Canada.  You can also get brushes at Dollarama here too.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   tangerinex3

tangerinex3

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

I've recently got into the ELF product line. . . Bought their HD Powder. It's good for how much I paid. 

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   Lysette

Lysette

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Joined 30-May 08
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

(on green eyeshadows...)  Outdoorsy sucks, awful tarnished dark tone with a hint of green, Earthy on the other hand is marvellous. e.l.f. mineral stuff is basically decent but foundations contain bismuth so people with sensitive skin should be a bit more careful. Eyeshadows are good, especially Confident, Smoldering, Socialite and Royal. Eyeshadow primer is a must though. Mineral brushes are imho same quality as Studio ones with the difference that Studio brushes are cheaper. Also - there's no kabuki in the mineral line and studio flat-top brush is the BEST tool to get heavy coverage with MMU. Unless one uses foiling I'd suggest essential line eyeshadow brushes - those are much better with loose pigments. I dunno about lip stuff - only had one gloss, seemed ok. Lipsticks are ok too. Rosy Raisin is an excellent nude color for me. Swatches etc are all available in my blog.

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   towelie

towelie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 11-May 11
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

I have recently ordered some mineral products from ELF.

Mineral booster-there are so many good reviews but I am still undecided how much I like it.

Mineral blushes-Joy and Bliss-I like the shades but it is not easy to apply the right amount,color seems to develop after few minutes,so it is easy to over do it.

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   bowbandit

bowbandit

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Joined 01-February 11
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

I haven't tried any of their mineral products yet, but I ordered their mineral foundation today, so we will see how that goes. :P

Check out my blog! currently working on the "Super" Awesome Series and hosting a giveaway!
http://eyelineraddict.blogspot.com/
~
Looking for a way to get your swaps/sales/partial swaps/etc. out there?
Come look at other member's offerings and link us up at:http://www.makeuptal...thread/11625...

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   apioollk20

apioollk20

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 07-April 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

i have tried it,i love it very much.

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   StarLightPlurs

StarLightPlurs

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 16-May 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by athingofbeauty View Post

Hi! I just bought a green eyeshadow kit from the mineral line from elf, and I was wondering if anyone else had tried their brushes/lipgloss/eyeshadows. In particular, the lipgloss. Are they any good? And have you found any in stores? I'm a little hesitant to order online. :)

Hey there! I have tried a lot from their mineral line. I really love their foundation but my only issue was the color tone didn't match me HOWEVER, they have a new mineral foundation that has 4 color tones and a sifter so you can mix colors which I WILL be buying. I have a mineral concealer which is also nice and gives good coverage. I don't use it on blemishes though and really only use it for discoloration. I own almost every eye shadow and love them. The colors are vibrant and beautiful and the price is great is you can find a good coupon. The lipsticks are very smooth and creamy and one of my top favorites. The mineral lip glosses: I have been loving!!!!!! They feel nice and give great color pay off. I actually have 2 colors in my purse right now and will most likely need to buy back ups soon. I think they are great quality when compared to a $14 MAC lip gloss. So worth it! The booster is also great and gives a smooth finished look and is great for photos.

I also own some brushes from their mineral which I love! Their eyeshadow and blending brush are great and you can sometimes find them at Ross stores. All the other items I have ordered from online but make sure to check for coupon codes!

#Post 8 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,631 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

I have their mineral eyeshadows from the spring/summer collection and love it. No allergic reactions to it at all but wish someone warned me that it's VERY pigmented! LOL A little goes a long way with their mineral shadows. Haven't used their face minerals except the blemish control one and really didn't like the blemish control.

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   marksbaby

marksbaby

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Good morning, I have extremley sensitive skin and I tried e.l.f. mineral cosmetics and I LOVE them, I would recommend any woman who has sensetive skin to use this makeup.

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   ARJWorldwide

ARJWorldwide

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-October 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

All of our customers that have purchased it have seemed to like it so far.  I personally like them as well, they're pretty cheap and work pretty well

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   skin care

skin care

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 28-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well I have never try it but I have heard about lots of time, I think it good.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I use their mineral booster occasionally as a topcoat powder and I do like their mineral shadows a lot!