-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Has Anyone Tried ELF Mineral Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

You can get ELF products at Winners in Canada.  You can also get brushes at Dollarama here too.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   tangerinex3

tangerinex3

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

I've recently got into the ELF product line. . . Bought their HD Powder. It's good for how much I paid. 

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   Lysette

Lysette

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Joined 30-May 08
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

(on green eyeshadows...)  Outdoorsy sucks, awful tarnished dark tone with a hint of green, Earthy on the other hand is marvellous. e.l.f. mineral stuff is basically decent but foundations contain bismuth so people with sensitive skin should be a bit more careful. Eyeshadows are good, especially Confident, Smoldering, Socialite and Royal. Eyeshadow primer is a must though. Mineral brushes are imho same quality as Studio ones with the difference that Studio brushes are cheaper. Also - there's no kabuki in the mineral line and studio flat-top brush is the BEST tool to get heavy coverage with MMU. Unless one uses foiling I'd suggest essential line eyeshadow brushes - those are much better with loose pigments. I dunno about lip stuff - only had one gloss, seemed ok. Lipsticks are ok too. Rosy Raisin is an excellent nude color for me. Swatches etc are all available in my blog.

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   towelie

towelie

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 11-May 11
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

I have recently ordered some mineral products from ELF.

Mineral booster-there are so many good reviews but I am still undecided how much I like it.

Mineral blushes-Joy and Bliss-I like the shades but it is not easy to apply the right amount,color seems to develop after few minutes,so it is easy to over do it.

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   bowbandit

bowbandit

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Joined 01-February 11
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

I haven't tried any of their mineral products yet, but I ordered their mineral foundation today, so we will see how that goes. :P

Check out my blog! currently working on the "Super" Awesome Series and hosting a giveaway!
http://eyelineraddict.blogspot.com/
~
Looking for a way to get your swaps/sales/partial swaps/etc. out there?
Come look at other member's offerings and link us up at:http://www.makeuptal...thread/11625...

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   apioollk20

apioollk20

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 07-April 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

i have tried it,i love it very much.

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   StarLightPlurs

StarLightPlurs

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 16-May 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by athingofbeauty View Post

Hi! I just bought a green eyeshadow kit from the mineral line from elf, and I was wondering if anyone else had tried their brushes/lipgloss/eyeshadows. In particular, the lipgloss. Are they any good? And have you found any in stores? I'm a little hesitant to order online. :)

Hey there! I have tried a lot from their mineral line. I really love their foundation but my only issue was the color tone didn't match me HOWEVER, they have a new mineral foundation that has 4 color tones and a sifter so you can mix colors which I WILL be buying. I have a mineral concealer which is also nice and gives good coverage. I don't use it on blemishes though and really only use it for discoloration. I own almost every eye shadow and love them. The colors are vibrant and beautiful and the price is great is you can find a good coupon. The lipsticks are very smooth and creamy and one of my top favorites. The mineral lip glosses: I have been loving!!!!!! They feel nice and give great color pay off. I actually have 2 colors in my purse right now and will most likely need to buy back ups soon. I think they are great quality when compared to a $14 MAC lip gloss. So worth it! The booster is also great and gives a smooth finished look and is great for photos.

I also own some brushes from their mineral which I love! Their eyeshadow and blending brush are great and you can sometimes find them at Ross stores. All the other items I have ordered from online but make sure to check for coupon codes!

#Post 8 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,082 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

I have their mineral eyeshadows from the spring/summer collection and love it. No allergic reactions to it at all but wish someone warned me that it's VERY pigmented! LOL A little goes a long way with their mineral shadows. Haven't used their face minerals except the blemish control one and really didn't like the blemish control.

Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   marksbaby

marksbaby

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Good morning, I have extremley sensitive skin and I tried e.l.f. mineral cosmetics and I LOVE them, I would recommend any woman who has sensetive skin to use this makeup.

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   ARJWorldwide

ARJWorldwide

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-October 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

All of our customers that have purchased it have seemed to like it so far.  I personally like them as well, they're pretty cheap and work pretty well

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   skin care

skin care

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 28-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well I have never try it but I have heard about lots of time, I think it good.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I use their mineral booster occasionally as a topcoat powder and I do like their mineral shadows a lot!