Favorite Brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think my favorite drugstore brand is Jordana. It's so cheap and such good quality and their lightest foundation is only $2.99 and 'close' (ish) to my natural color.

I'm not sure if ELF counts but that wins if it does :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favorite has to be Wet n Wild. The color icon palettes are amaaaaaazing!! Especially Vanity - I wear it almost everyday! I also love that it's not super expensive. I also really like Revlon lipsticks and the Colorstay line of products.  I haven't seen Jordana - I'll have to investigate next time I go to the drugstore. And I have yet to try anything from ELF, although I'm really interested in trying the Pink Passion blush.

Best wishes,

Bronwyn xx

Jordana is made by Milani, so a lot of their products are the same but Jordana is cheaper! The places to find Jordana most often is Walgreens or Kmart, otherwise some beauty supply shops carry it and very rarely you might find it at other drug stores.

Another good but cheap brand is Essence. They are a German brand and only carried at Ulta.; You can order online of course, but I recommend going to Ulta if you have one nearby, since they never put the limited edition stuff online. 

Also Forever 21 has cheap makeup that's good. A lot of it is made by ELF and sometimes the palettes or packaging even looks identical. In that case you're better off with ELF since there is a little mark-up. But they also have some really nice palettes and other products that are exclusive to F21, and don't forget to check out the nail polish!

Lastly, I love Big Lots and a store that's only in New England, Ocean State Job Lot. They get a lot of discontinued makeup but also when the company makes too much limited edition stuff it winds up there. I got two bottles of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure a year after the frenzy, at Ocean State Job Lot for only $1.50 each!!!!

I'm jealous of people who have a Ross, Meijer, HEB, Harmon (or Bed Bath and Beyond with a Harmon beauty section), and I'm probably forgetting a few other places, but I've heard of great makeup/nail polish bargains at these places too.

I've never seen Jordana.  It sounds intriguing.  What store(s) do you generally find it at?  I live in an area that doesn't have a Target (boo!), or a CVS.  Lately, my favorite drugstore brand has been Maybelline.  Their Dream Matte foundation is wonderful and I am in love with the way my eyelashes look when I wear the new Illegal lengths Fiber extensions mascara. 

My Walgreens and Kmart carry Jordana and I also have a grocery store called Savemart that carries it too!

Hi i'm new to MUT & jusr spotted the favourite brands group!

I live in the UK & we don't have Walgreens and Kmart but we do have Boots & Superdrug.

My favourite brand from Boots has to be No7, i think you can get that from Walgreens as a friend of mine gets it in Iowa. My other favourite has to be Loreal & we can get that from Boots & Superdrug. Bourjois is another good brand over here but i don't think it's available in the States!

I've yet to try the ELF makeup as in the UK we can only buy it online!

I used to love the Almay range but unfortunatly i can only find that online!

I saw someone do a $20 challenge on YT using this foundation and she HATED it! It seemed to be difficult to work with and made her look oily.

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the new Revlon whipped foundation?

Originally Posted by Scorpio2258 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm I've never heard of some of these brands. Would anyone recommend Covergirl??
Not really. Their foundations always look chalky on me and I've never liked the pigment levels in their eyeshadows and lip products.

iagree.gif

I like to use the 'L'0real Tru match foundation & Loreal mineral powder.

I heard of Milani and Jordana, I used to have nail polishes by both brands when I was in my early teens. 

Interesting, I didn't know Jordana is made by Milani, no wonder, they're similar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really have a fav drug store brand, but I noticed I'm starting to lean towards L'oreal products, I'm interested in buying their Tru Match Foundation. 

I would also looove to try ELF make up. I saw their eye shadow palettes and looooooved the black shadow, it was so pigmented! ♥

I love Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation.  Target has it the cheapest at $9.99 and you can usually find coupons in the paper :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like Wet and Wild lipsticks a lot! Many of them have intense pigment and really stay on well.  I haven't tried the eye shadows. I also like the tinted mouistuizer. I doesn't have much coverage, but seems to even things out a bit and then topped w/ power looks nice. I don't need coverage as much as sunscreen and moisture, and it seems to do that well. I don't like their eyeliners - the pencils just smudge and smear and end up all over. I bought a Make-Up Forever waterproof liner and it is so much better (but is was $18.... so way more than then $1 that W&W costs)

I also like Elf products - mostly I get the eyeshadown pallets. Some of the colors are much better than others. But they are so cheap that I don't really care if a few are duds. I also just got "all over color sticks" this weekend - which was fat little tubes of cheek/lip/eye (?) color in two tones - one is pink lemonade and the other is persimmon. The pink lemonade is a pretty standard medium pink for cheeks. The persimmon is light pink and looks more like a highlighter when it is on (like for the top of your cheekbones). At $1 each they are fun, they smell good, and can be used in multiple ways.

I'm having trouble finding a good match for my skin tone in any drug store foundation. Frustrating. I've bought so many and come home and they are just *WRONG*. May have to try MAC again and see what I can find there.

Originally Posted by Anneke V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like Wet and Wild lipsticks a lot! Many of them have intense pigment and really stay on well.  I haven't tried the eye shadows. I also like the tinted mouistuizer. I doesn't have much coverage, but seems to even things out a bit and then topped w/ power looks nice. I don't need coverage as much as sunscreen and moisture, and it seems to do that well. I don't like their eyeliners - the pencils just smudge and smear and end up all over. I bought a Make-Up Forever waterproof liner and it is so much better (but is was $18.... so way more than then $1 that W&W costs)

I also like Elf products - mostly I get the eyeshadown pallets. Some of the colors are much better than others. But they are so cheap that I don't really care if a few are duds. I also just got "all over color sticks" this weekend - which was fat little tubes of cheek/lip/eye (?) color in two tones - one is pink lemonade and the other is persimmon. The pink lemonade is a pretty standard medium pink for cheeks. The persimmon is light pink and looks more like a highlighter when it is on (like for the top of your cheekbones). At $1 each they are fun, they smell good, and can be used in multiple ways.

I'm having trouble finding a good match for my skin tone in any drug store foundation. Frustrating. I've bought so many and come home and they are just *WRONG*. May have to try MAC again and see what I can find there.
I've had a great experience with the Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation for combo/oily.  But their colors for colorstay mousse or even just for normal skin are different although they have different names.  Try buying at CVS so you can return if it doesn't work for you

I think I echo a lot of people here when I say that I like Jordana products.  Their eye primer is amazing and I use it every day.  I also like their eyeliner pens.  Another favorite of mine is ELF which is the brand that got me started with all this makeup collecting and what not.  They are so affordable that you can buy so many of their products to really get your feet wet.  It's like the gateway drug in the makeup world.  Now I want to branch out into the higher end products which is why I joined makeupalley.  I have swapped some of my ELF stuff for some non drug store items and I'm having a ball with that.  Another favorite of mine is Wet n Wild.  As others have stated, their shadows are amazing!  They are SO pigmented and have great staying power.  I just recently bought Walking On Eggshells as I look better using the neutral shades.  I love it!  I saw a lot of videos on the Reserve My Cabana bronzer too so I had to get that of course.  I'm not as impressed with it though it is pretty but I would not call it a bronzer.  It's more like a highlight or even an all over powder.  I'm also a fan of their mascara though I can't remember the name of the one I use almost daily...its in the blue-ish purple tube.  Anyway, those are my 3 favorite drug store brands.

I started purchasing ELF as my first makeup purchase, and I love how it's so cheap and great for beginners since I have to learn and practice before I get the hang of using makeup. I also love how they have cheap brushes that I don't want to pay tens of dollars for the more high end stuff.

I also love Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes because they're cheap and also lovely.

I have a lot of Maybelline products, but I love their dream bouncy blush in PLUM WINE the most (but other than that I don't know much about the brand).

I only recently made a purchase from the European drugstore brand Make Up Academy (MUA) online because they have a 35% off and free shipping sale (not sure if it ended yet), so maybe I'll find a new favorite soon! Can't wait to receive my package :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Milani Revlon Loreal Elf Sonia Kashuk Wet n wild Nars (I found at my local Target recently) Cover girl Maybelline

Maybelline is the drugstore brand that I have the most products by or that are on my wish list. I also love some by Essence, Wet N Wild, L'Oreal, MUA and I've been dying to try Milani! I wonder now if Jordana is sold in Canada... I have a Kmart in my city, I'll check into it! 

Latest posts

Back