Blue lipstick woes:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been searching for the PERFECT blue lip gear, I want lips that look exactly like this.

Problem is I can't find a decent quality lipstick to do this with other than Illamasqua's disciple but I can't buy it since I live in the U.S. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, I wanted to do the base of my lips in that and find a shimmery blue lip gloss to go over it, but I'd be really satisfied with a very pigmented and bright dark blue like this even without lipgloss.

Anyone have any suggestions?

That's because the image has been photoshopped. You can tell by the super white skin and teeth. The look can be replicated though with mica and clear lip gloss. It would be a pain to do but it's possible to replicate it to some degree.

LOL  I TOTALLY agree. This image is from the depths of Photoshop Land! If you'd like to try your best at replicating it in real life, i'd suggest custom blending your own color-Melting down dark colors you have on the cooler side of things and mixing them together. Personally I'd use my MUFE flash palette to mix something up, then use a clear gloss. If you have any darker blue MAC pigments (or other brand), mix them in to a clear gloss and see what you can get. These type of images are very pretty, but unfortunately, make it hard to determine exactly how how to replicate them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's because the image has been photoshopped. You can tell by the super white skin and teeth. The look can be replicated though with mica and clear lip gloss. It would be a pain to do but it's possible to replicate it to some degree.

I kinda figured, I work with photoshop myself:)

But I'd still like to get it as close as possible, I heard of a girl using mica powder for her lips and eyes, is that safe?

Oh and as far as liners...you could always line in black then go over it with a dark, dark blue shadow.

Originally Posted by ShadowfangNS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kinda figured, I work with photoshop myself:)

But I'd still like to get it as close as possible, I heard of a girl using mica powder for her lips and eyes, is that safe?

Depends on the Mica. Most companies like TKB and Costal Scents have the safety sheets stating what is safe and for what parts of the face.

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=23&category_id=12 - safe for Lips, Eyes, Face, Nails.

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=42&category_id=12 - not safe for lips

wow thts really pretty, too bad most of these pix r photoshopped =[ wud totally buy lip products tht wud make ur lips look like tht! =D hehe

xoxo Aly

I have never seen any blue lip product look like this in real.  As mentioned above, that would have to be made with a mix of quite a few things.  The blue glosses and lipsticks I've seen....no...lol...they're usually nothing like this.  If you come up with something maybe you can share it with us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , I'd like to see how that turns out.

Originally Posted by ShadowfangNS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem is I can't find a decent quality lipstick to do this with other than Illamasqua's disciple but I can't buy it since I live in the U.S. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, I wanted to do the base of my lips in that and find a shimmery blue lip gloss to go over it, but I'd be really satisfied with a very pigmented and bright dark blue like this even without lipgloss.

Anyone have any suggestions?
You can still order Illamasqua products through their website. It says the only place they don't deliver to is the West Indies for tax/customs reasons.

My other suggestion would be to mix OCC lip tars. They have black, electric blue and a ton of purples to choose from. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The blue from OCC is too light. I checked since that was my first thought as well.

you could always buy loose pigments from tkb or CS and mix it with vaseline and make your own.  Make sure they are lip safe colors though.

Originally Posted by YoursEvermore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can still order Illamasqua products through their website. It says the only place they don't deliver to is the West Indies for tax/customs reasons.

My other suggestion would be to mix OCC lip tars. They have black, electric blue and a ton of purples to choose from. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't order what I need from them, I want the disciple lipstick, but it's available in EU only:(

Whoah, i love this picture ! I don't know of any blue lipstick that would do that. In fact, i was going to suggest a dark blue or even black liner for the outside lining, then navy blue pigment and turquoise pigment, with clear gloss on top.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The blue from OCC is too light. I checked since that was my first thought as well.

Possibly a mixture of that, coated with a black lip gloss...but not quite sure how to get in the greenish sparkles in the middle.

Edit: MAC had a Peacocky limited edition series last winter, which included a color named "Peacocky" which is another lighter blue (bold) which might be mixed with a black gloss for the darker outer too.

Use OCC lip tars, pigments, don't eat/drink/talk (to avoid overblending and smearing), and bust out photoshop and you'll have lips like that ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MAC's blue lipmix is a dark navy blue like what the OP posted. OCC's is really too light. So if I had to replicate, I'd do lipmix, black liner and mica in the middle.

Oh, man.  I just checked Sephora and saw they don't sell that shade...

Sorry!  I hope you find the shade you're looking for!

I think I may have found a dark blue that would work coupled with green mica and lots of clear gloss...

Manic Panic After Midnightâ„¢ Blue lipstick!

Back