Weight loss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, welcome to MuT ! I moved your thread to the correct forum :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is no simple answer. You can avoid a few things, like sugar, too many carbs, and processed foods that usually contain lots of fats, and a high dose of salt.

I think the best way to control your weight is to gain control over what you eat. You can eat vegetables, fruits (the fibers in them keep you full), a little carbs as they're slow sugars, and proteins, which should be varied. Cook for yourself if you can. Don't hesitate to read labels, shopping is more tedious but you know what you eat. Get rid of your stock of little pleasures, you are less tempted if they're not in the cupboard. Don't hesitate either to eat a little something in the afternoon, to keep you full until dinner time.

You can also drink, water preferably, just the usual recommendation of 1.5L per day.

In order to maintain your shape and spend some energy, incorporate exercise in your life. Start slow and increase progressively. Pick some activity you like, so that you know you will follow it.

Also, you can be followed by a doctor, who can provide advice and make sure you remain healthy while shedding some weight. You can also get your blood checked, see if you don't need any particular vitamin or mineral supplement. Our food has become less potent nutritionnally speaking, so supplements can be useful, but as they can cost some money, know what you need before buying. I can suggest vitamin C as a weight loss regimen is tiring.

Do not fall into the miracle weight loss regimen that sprout here and there, because they don't work. Losing weight takes time, and the results vary from person to person, just because our physiology is different from person to person.

Cosign at everything Mago is saying.  Everything in proper moderation.  It's not right to say you can't have certain foods you enjoy, but, there are definitely certain things you can eat (if you do so often) that would add to weight gain.  Remember every little thing adds up in the end.  So snacking can be a bit dangerous if you don't monitor it.  Exercise is great and will definitely assist, but it won't work alone.  Weight loss/gain severely depends on what you eat.  It takes some time to getting use to and some time to actually lose the weight, but it will happen.  When you do embark on this, make it more of a lifestyle/eating change overall.  Not simply just a diet.  When you come off of these fad diets, it can be difficult to maintain the lost weight.  If you simply change the way you eat and embrace this new lifestyle, it should be no biggie to keep the weight off.

The simplest way to lose weight is to eat less and do more.  There actually is not other way, all the products in the world for weight loss is based on this simple and easy concept but it's a task that is really hard to achieve for many people (including me).  

Hi there-  Exercise and learning portion control will help you see results sooner. It is amazing what exercise can do for you, even light walking if you do it for 45 min can make a difference.  I had the best results when I cut out carbs significantly. Sometimes, it helps to do short term goals and take it a week at a time.  You can challenge yourself each week to give up something that you normally have too much of, like bread.  I work on the social media team for Wasa crispbread.   It's a Swedish flatbread that is a great source of fiber and therefore has a smaller carb count than regular bread.  There are many varieties and you can top it with light spreads like light cheeses or hummus. Whenever I start a diet, I swap out my bread for Whole Grain Wasa. I usually have it in the morning for breakfast with some peanut butter and feel full until lunchtime.

Good luck! It definitely helped to have a support system. So, stay motivated and feel free to message me if you ever need a pat on the back.

Here are some tips for you to lose weight......

1) Do regular exercise

2) Do walking at least 45 mins

3) Have fresh fruits & vegetables

4) Have proper diet 

5) Drink warm water

Try to be physically active and drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Tone your body muscles with simple exercises like walking, running, jogging and yoga as they help in prevent accumulation of fats in any body part.

Hello,

There are many ways to lose weight:

1. Walking: Walking is best way to lose weight,walk in morning at- least 1 hour.

2. Swimming is also a way to lose weight.

3. Water is also best way to lose weight.Drink at least 5 - 8 glasses of water in a day.

4. Have a proper diet. Don't eat junk foods  it will harm your body.

I have a few medical conditions that prevent me from exercising as much as I would like and I take medication that makes me put on weight.I have put on a little bit of weight lately and just wanting to get rid of it but have tried cutting down on fatty foods etc and exercising more but nothing is helping!!

Lots of water. You should drink half your weight in oz while trying to lose weight. Paired w/diet & exercise.

I am also one of those women who wanna lose weight. And I know the ways of achieving the slim figure. However, I find it hard to do that, although I like walking and doing exercise. In the other way, I like eating junk food which I also know it is harmful and not helpful to weight loss. I find it is also hard to get rid of it. Anyway, I will be thinking and making up my mind to achieve my goal of keeping slim and fit. 

Weight loss is not simple and differs from person to person. First you have to be in control, you have to understand how much you are eating and how much you are burning.

Use Livestrong - My plate. Its an awesome tool! It shows you HOW you are imbalanced and with that control you can plan meals and excercise.

Also, food is not what it may seem. I have a really cool example (found on pinterest)

Its an info graphic which is really well done

http://pinterest.com/pin/242912973624321518/

Good luck!

It is not as that easy to lose weight. You have to say a good bye to snacks, fast food, ice creams , chocolates, sweet, etc. You need to follow a strict schedule for your eating habits. You should avoid potato and such carbohydrate types of food. You should also form the habit of morning walk which is not only helpful to you for losing weight but it also prevents the entry of many diseases into your body. You can also join a gym, but remember. If you stop going to gymn all of sudden, it may increase your weight eventually more.

Do exercise daily for at least 30 minutes and also participate in some sports and physical activities. 

Change your diet plan from fried, and junk foods to raw veggies and organic foods to effectively manage your overweight.

A healthy diet and regular exercise are the only way. Crash diets are a bad idea and usually end up in long term weight gain.

I like to make vegetable and fruit juice every morning and lunch time.

Exercise and proper diet is the best thing you can do to lose weight AND be healthy. It's important that you have healthy bones, muscles, heart, etc. Exercise and a healthy diet helps with both of those, and being healthy means you are less likely to have health problems.

Latest posts

Back