ELF at Walgreens!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spotted these at Walgreens tonight. It appears the there will be a second volume to these. Price: $4.99

Beauty School 32-piece eyeshadow palette, Volume 1

Little Black Beauty Book, Volume 1

Beauty Eye Manual

I'd feel quite guilty buying that, cause it's seems so low priced but it's such a good deal if it really works. xD

How sad... I stopped by Walgreens in Russellville today.. and they had only two of those there.  the middle and one on the left.. They JUST recieved them in the past week.

so I got the one on the left.. the 32 piece palette.

I finally got around to using the items I bought last month and to be honest wasn't happy with any of it. I've decided that those will be the last beauty books and palettes I buy from them. They make decent brushes and their mineral shadows are good but their eyeshadows are way too much of a miss than a hit for me. I found most of the colors to be chalk, doesn't blend well and not very well pigmented. The darker colors were much better but I think I'm pretty much done with their eye shadows.

That sucks... they sell them here in Canada at Winners.  I've also seen the brushes at Dollarama. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got around to using the items I bought last month and to be honest wasn't happy with any of it. I've decided that those will be the last beauty books and palettes I buy from them. They make decent brushes and their mineral shadows are good but their eyeshadows are way too much of a miss than a hit for me. I found most of the colors to be chalk, doesn't blend well and not very well pigmented. The darker colors were much better but I think I'm pretty much done with their eye shadows.

stick with their mineral line.. I have shadows lipsticks a blush a booster and the mineral eye shadow primer and they are all satisfactory quality. But yea the palette shadows ive found to be quite hit or miss.. some have great payoff but others dont.

Yeah - I havent been happy with my ELF products either and I've decided I'd rather save the money and buy one decent palette than have 5 crappy ones.

I'll swatch the products this morning and post in the Dupes & Swatches areas later today.

Seems to me that to get the best results from these eyeshadows requires a decent eyeshadow primer, otherwise they are a bit underwhelming, particularly the lighter shades.

Originally Posted by Carol D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seems to me that to get the best results from these eyeshadows requires a decent eyeshadow primer, otherwise they are a bit underwhelming, particularly the lighter shades.
I use Urban Decay's primers and it's chalky (on my eyes). The swatches I did was on my arm with a Covergirl True Blend foundation as a base. I wasn't wasting my expensive primer for swatches. lol

I like the E.L.F. Studio Line as far as some of the brushes. The eyeshadows make a nice base, but I have heard good and bad things about the beauty books.

Latest posts

Back