Colormates, Profusion, Whatever Other Name They Go By Swatches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I remember seeing someone post something about these and then people were wondering about pigmentation.  I was at Big Lots today and picked up 2 that were Colormates.  Then I headed over to Walgreens and saw the same palette (different colors) and it was called Profusion.  The ones from Big Lots have no writing on them at all and I threw away the packageing while I was out.  I know one was called Island Oasis and can't remember the other one.  These were both $1.50.  I'll be heading back to Big Lots either this week or next so I'll get the name for the other one.  I'm guessing the one from Walgreen's is called Color Me Glow, that's either the name or the name of the palette.  This one was $1.  Anyways onto the swatches.  These are surprisingly amazing.  Great pigmentation.

LOL I was thinking of posting my own swatches on those but keep putting it off! LOL Let me go grab mine and I'll give you the names off of it. Hmm, no names on it.

The cover labels say, "Colour me glow" 12 shades eyeshadow Profusion and each one is numbered. I have all eight... I think.... Yup all eight. These don't have any unique names just numbers. You're right about the price, they were $1 at Walgreens.

The last set of swatches you did are from palette 7. I'm now going to have hunt down the other two you have since those colors are not exactly like the ones from the Profusion line! lol

I saw these at Walgreens too- i bought a big palette at Five Below yesterday. I liked the shimmer in the palette, but left behind these I saw today because they were too glittery for me.  Very pretty though - and the swatches look better than I expected so I now I'm rethinking.   I'm wearing a look today from the palette and it lasted through a nap this afternoon (I used a primer though)

All these were from Walgreens?  The one by me only had the one I got.  I wonder where else you can get these.  Oooh I want 1, 2 and 6!  Mine doesnt have a number :X  

Vampire, you're absolutely right about the glitter. Many of the browns have huge pieces of glitter like in palette 5 - 8. The first four were more shimmery than glittery.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All these were from Walgreens?  The one by me only had the one I got.  I wonder where else you can get these.  Oooh I want 1, 2 and 6!  Mine doesnt have a number :X  

Try RiteAid if you have one near you. I think I saw this line there as well.

The glitter reminds me of Elf.  The glitter never really sticks to me though.  It always falls off o_O

okay I'm glad I'm not crazy then... the palettes from Five Below were definitely more shmmery, and not glittery.  No elf books at walgreens though which is why I peeked in today. lol

Originally Posted by NotAVampireLvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

okay I'm glad I'm not crazy then... the palettes from Five Below were definitely more shmmery, and not glittery.  No elf books at walgreens though which is why I peeked in today. lol
Well those ELF items I found looked like the employees just set it out that day. I'm sure it's sold out now! I wish I didn't leave my money at home! LOL Oh well.

As for the glitter in palettes 5 - 8 the pieces are indeed large and it's all the same color glitter - a blue-green glitter. Looks like the ingredients label is the exact same on all the palettes.

I saw that Elf palette display at big lots by the way o_O
Did you grab the items then? LOL I'm still kicking myself over not doing it myself since it looked like the display only held like five of each item at most.

I didn't actually lol.  I imagine they will be there for a while though because that BL is not very busy and makeup tends to stay there a long time.  Plus the display was kinda hidden

Well hopefully at some point the books will make it someplace near me... lol  I guess I could just order online but I hate ordering make-up online because of how long it sits on a truck.

I HATE Elf shipping with a passion.  I will never again buy online from them unless they have a 50% off with free shipping sale lol

THAT slow, huh? That would worry me in the summer. I had to return a bunch of AVON lipsticks because they had all melted in the shipping process - and they ship fast.  Its not like I live in the southern half of the country either...

I HATE Elf shipping with a passion.  I will never again buy online from them unless they have a 50% off with free shipping sale lol

I made a promise that I wouldn't buy anymore make up until I got my bonus from work in July. I'm gonna have to go to Big Lots, Walgreen, Forever 21......my list is growing!

See this is why I avoid going out to the stores by myself. If I go down one particular street in town I pass by Cosmoprof and end up spending WAY too much money there on OPI and other products. I go down the other street and I pass by Sally's along with Hobby Lobby and Michael's. If I have take my daughter to her practice I pass by Fred Meyers. If I have to run to the grocery store, Walgreens is right across the street and I have to pass RiteAid on my right. If I have to take the highway I have to pass the mall which of course has Sephora, Macy's and MAC! (I go in to MAC to play with/see their stuff but I don't buy, lol). Basically any of the main streets I have to drive on to get some place I pass by some store that I'm tempted to stop at and spend, spend, spend! LOL

Latest posts

Back