Oily Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am fair-skinned and have always had trouble with dryness plus oily "spots" with breakouts as well. For years I tried many things, but couldn't find something that made my face look good all year long. I read about The Green Tea Cleanser from Made from Earth in an article from a dermatologist and it is wonderful! Washing with it and then using a  serum in the morning is the regimen recommendation. It then read to use the Made from Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser at night to wash. With this regimen I have had great skin for over a year now!

I have had the same problem. I always keep oil blotting sheets around. If you don't have any, toilet seat covers work well =) DDF brand (which I know is expensive) also has a great green mud mask that works wonders for this type of skin.

Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads. In this type of skin, the oil producing sebaceous glands are overactive and produce more oil than is needed. The oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine. Choose your cleanser with care. Avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with a water rich in minerals, not tap water.

The most important thing you can do for oily skin is to keep your skin clean using warm water and soap, or a soapless cleanser. Clean your face with astringent pads if frequent face washing causes irritation. Use only water-based or oil-free cosmetics if you have oily skin.

St. Ives has a green tea facial wash that I had saw today. I didn't get it because I wanted to find out more about it but it smelled wonderful. I might just give it a try if it give such great results.

Originally Posted by SOnja Be /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am fair-skinned and have always had trouble with dryness plus oily "spots" with breakouts as well. For years I tried many things, but couldn't find something that made my face look good all year long. I read about The Green Tea Cleanser from Made from Earth in an article from a dermatologist and it is wonderful! Washing with it and then using a  serum in the morning is the regimen recommendation. It then read to use the Made from Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser at night to wash. With this regimen I have had great skin for over a year now!

I have tried St.Ives Green tea facial wash and scrub - SUPER! it's perfect for my oily acne-prone skin.

Originally Posted by chichichobits /img/forum/go_quote.gif

St. Ives has a green tea facial wash that I had saw today. I didn't get it because I wanted to find out more about it but it smelled wonderful. I might just give it a try if it give such great results.

And it's important to use as many chemical-free costetics as possible because they irritate your skin and make it sick. This is why more and more women use mineral makeups. I found this article ob this subject. Enjoy reading!

albert.gif

Originally Posted by Salon st.pete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=11pt]An Oily derma Problem is glossy, ample and dry tinted. Generally a consistently anointed derma has awkward pore and derma complaint and added awkward blemishes. It is collapsed to blackheads. In this affectionate of hide, the oil aftermath sebaceous glands are overactive and aftermath added oil than is needed. The oil oozes and gives the derma a anointed shine. It is apparent and simple ablution your derma added generally and it as well helps if you use all normal soaps.[/SIZE]

After using the Made from Earth Green Tea Cleanser I follow up with some real lemon juice and a moisturizer and I still get great results. Very, very pleased.

Do you follow the right skin care steps for your specific skin type? Applying a weekly or bi-weekly mask is a great additional skin care step.

Ive also heard about lemon and honey combination. I have the same prob with oil+dry spots. This natural face pack works!

The best solution to avoid skin from getting oily or avoiding any harm from excess oil on your oily skin is to use water-based cosmetics instead of cream-based cosmetics.

Latest posts

Back