-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Shipping nail polish internationally?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 OFFLINE   AmourAnnette

AmourAnnette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

So this is something I am debating doing in regards to upcoming giveaways on my blog and youtube, but I want to know your opinions!

Should I risk shipping nail polish internationally? I know I can ship it in the US via ground only with "ORM-D" on the package, and it's not allowed internationally... but I hate the idea of saying "Sorry, US only" just for that reason so... ugh! I know a lot of other bloggers/youtubers ship it internationally without problems, but.... >_< I'M TORN!

Have any of you been caught? What are the consequences? How do you get caught? What could happen if I ship nail polish during a blazing hot summer via air? 

#Post 2 of 3 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,768 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

Depends on the site. I order all the time from China and Japan with no problems and I ship via SAL (surface air lifted) which takes up to 12 weeks to arrive but I order from reputable big name companies from those countries and not from some individual person off of EBay and the like. If you're going to have it shipped from a company than the slowest method should be fine (unless ordering from the UK which I've heard things go *poof* from) otherwise ship with tracking.

#Post 3 of 3 OFFLINE   AmourAnnette

AmourAnnette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

No, I mean... I'll be shipping to someone directly. haha, if I order from a website, I don't care if they get in trouble or not so long as I get my stuff! :P