-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Shipping nail polish internationally?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 ONLINE   AmourAnnette

AmourAnnette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

So this is something I am debating doing in regards to upcoming giveaways on my blog and youtube, but I want to know your opinions!

Should I risk shipping nail polish internationally? I know I can ship it in the US via ground only with "ORM-D" on the package, and it's not allowed internationally... but I hate the idea of saying "Sorry, US only" just for that reason so... ugh! I know a lot of other bloggers/youtubers ship it internationally without problems, but.... >_< I'M TORN!

Have any of you been caught? What are the consequences? How do you get caught? What could happen if I ship nail polish during a blazing hot summer via air? 

#Post 2 of 3 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,082 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

Depends on the site. I order all the time from China and Japan with no problems and I ship via SAL (surface air lifted) which takes up to 12 weeks to arrive but I order from reputable big name companies from those countries and not from some individual person off of EBay and the like. If you're going to have it shipped from a company than the slowest method should be fine (unless ordering from the UK which I've heard things go *poof* from) otherwise ship with tracking.

Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram

#Post 3 of 3 ONLINE   AmourAnnette

AmourAnnette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11
Reviews

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

No, I mean... I'll be shipping to someone directly. haha, if I order from a website, I don't care if they get in trouble or not so long as I get my stuff! :P