Sugarpill's Asylum

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm looking through Amy's pictures (actually it's Bubblepunch's images not Amy's) from IMATS and noticed one of the tubs filled with shadows is labeled as Asylum. Now Asylum is their loose red pigment and it's VERY, VERY popular and typically sells out FAST. I just noticed tonight that Asylum is back up on the site after several months being off the site.

http://www.sugarpillshop.com/products/asylum-loose-eyeshadow

I was lucky to get this late last year - she was actually sold out but had a few set aside for some customers - and I was able to pick it up. This image is from Sugarpill and the color is indeed as intense as the picture.

I absolutely love this color and because I was among the very last people to get it I haven't touched it but the one time I did use it because she wasn't sure when she'd be able to get it back in stock. As far as I know this is the first time since the end of 2010 that she's had Asylum back in stock. So if you're looking for a rich, red pigment try her red Asylum ($12 for net weight 5 grams).

*swoons* Must pick up another bottle of it ASAP.

nICE bUT i lOVE Ben Nye's red Pigment Ive had & used it for about 3 yrs !!!!  I went to Sugarpills booth &  Really only One Gold loose shimmer pigment caught my eye (Wish i wouldve got it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )all others were just so so to me !!  But my goodness did the MUA's look soo darn adorable I Loved their styles!!!!

Asylum is GORGEOUS and would even work well with neutral looks (blended with browns to create burgundy washes)

Originally Posted by Cherry138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone recommend a good base to use undernieth this one?

nyx jumbo eye pencil in cherry... lol im soo obsessed w/ nyx jumbo eye pencils. 

edit: or if you wanted to brighten it up rather than make it more bold theres always the good old stand by Milk.

Does anybody know any sort of dupe for this? Like, even if its not an exact replica, just similar?

Originally Posted by Siddhartha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody know any sort of dupe for this? Like, even if its not an exact replica, just similar?
For which one? Asylum or Love+? Cellini Red Mica from Coastal Scents might be a dupe, I don't have Cellini Red Mica yet but a sample is $1.

Just jumping in to say that Cellini Red isn't approved for eye use, FYI.

I have both Love + and Asylum. Passable dupes for Love + would be Evil Shades Heartless Queen (slightly more cherry than Love +) and Antoinette's Revolution Gulliotine (a bit darker than Love +). The closest I've found to Asylum are two that aren't quite as sparkly: Glory Box Blood and Roses (DC'd) and Rockeresque Ruby Doo (hasn't been released yet).

Latest posts

Back