Beeswax/Propylene Glycol free mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, if some of you saw my other post, you saw that I just figured out I'm allergic to quite a few chemicals/ingredients that are in cosmetics. One thing that I'm having quite a hard time finding is a mascara that I can use... It has to be free of beeswax/anything from bees, and a chemical called propylene glycol. I would appreciate it SO much if some of you could help me look. I've been looking for a long time today, but haven't had any luck. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It makes me sad that I can't use a very very large chunk of my makeup anymore.. Due to either red dye or the above mentioned products. Being a young girl, that's what I saved my money for so feeling like I wasted so much of it feels awful.. I can't use any of my MAC products anymore... As every single one of them has red dye/carmine listed on the ingredient list. And a big chunk of my other products has another chemical that I'm allergic to (these aren't the only three.. I'm allergic to quite a few more things). It makes me really upset because I developed such a love for makeup and beauty products, spent so much of my own earned money on cosmetics, and was hoping to maybe get into the cosmetics industry for my job later in life. I know that I can still use some products that I have, such as some coastal scents mineral products and a few of my face products. It's just difficult for me to comprehend that I'm not really going to have a career in makeup anymore, because it's what I loved to do... I know I could probably get into the mineral makeup community, but I've never really loved mineral makeup all that much, it just wasn't anything terribly interesting to me. No offense to anyone who loves/sells/makes mineral makeup is intended xD
Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a mini rant. I just needed to get it out and also ask for the mascara thing. Thank you so much if you read all that. (:)
And also, I apologize if this should be in the rant section.. But I wasn't sure because of the question. If it needs to be moved, feel free to move it xD.

Unfortunately you're going to have to go vegan if you have that many allergies. Look for companies that are vegan. Sugarpill makes vibrant shadows that are vegan.

Mascaras intended for people who have lash extensions have no propylene glycol - I think NovaLash makes a mascara, but I don't know if it has other ingredients that you may be allergic to.  Good luck!

Back