How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool! I've heard of the foil method before, but the felt method is all new to me!!

Oh wow. Thank you - someone who knows how to remove glitter!! =3

When I first heard the words "foil method" it reminded me of algebra class XD

Im luving the felt method. It comes off so quickly. Thanks for posting!

Wow I've never heard of that foil method before.  Or the felt for that matter lol!  Thanks for the awesome tips

i love the felt one but the tin foil doesn't seem to work aww thank you! i will tell my clients/friends about this! ty ty

Saw Julia/MissChievous latest video on doing this and told her on YouTube and on her wall one of my tricks to avoid drying out the eponychium (what people incorrectly call the cuticle) is to apply Vaseline with a Q-tip to the skin surrounding the nail then apply the cotton and foil.

I know of both felt and foil methods but I liked her tutorial.  I did it last night and it worked like a charm!

I've had a horrid time removing glitter polish with the larger glitter pieces. Especially when I use like 5 coats! Last Super bowl I got carried away with the black n gold glitter... Sigh.. But I'd swear amour piercing weapons would. Penetrate that! Thanks for the tip!

I also use the foil method for removing all of my nail polish. One of my least favorite things in the world to do. When I first came across this just thought 'my god that's freaking brilliant!'. It has drastically cut down the time it takes for me to do my nails. As long as you leave it on for a few minutes, it definitely works. Every time. With any type of nail polish I've tried it with. I absolutely love it.

I'm going to have to try the felt method. The foil never works for me so I end up just scrubbing the glitter off with several cotton balls. I know you said it didn't matter which type of remover you use, but what do you prefer? Acetone or non?

Am I the only person who still uses a sponge with slits to soak the fingers in?

(I am going to start doing the wipe off with felt....that makes perfect sense, compared to all the darned cotton pads I go through when doing it.)

I've never heard of the felt or foil method before. I hate how long it takes to remove glitter nail polish. This was actually helpful. I'm going to try the felt trick next time I decide to use a glitter nail polish. Thanks for sharing.

Back