-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Best Gel Eye Liner Brush

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 20 OFFLINE   tinypinkbubbles

tinypinkbubbles

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

HI everyone!

I have recently gotten into using gel eye liners(better late than ever)and am having a hard time with brushes.I actually really like the brush that comes with the L'Oreal truth eye liner;I like how hard it is.Is there a larger brush that is that stiff?Thanks!

#Post 2 of 20 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

I personally like the tiny tipped brushes like this:

eyeliner brush..jpg

I feel i get more control over where the eyeliner is going because it's not a huge brush like the angled brushes.  I can also do fine details and get the inner corners of my eyes better.

#Post 3 of 20 OFFLINE   AngelWingsX

AngelWingsX

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

I use an ecotools angled liner brush, I think it's only 3$ seperately and works fine, there's no hurt in trying it.

#Post 4 of 20 OFFLINE   taliacrayon24

taliacrayon24

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 02-March 11
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Honestly, I use the one that came with my Maybelline 24-hour gel liner. It's on the small side, but it's an amazing brush.

#Post 5 of 20 OFFLINE   tinypinkbubbles

tinypinkbubbles

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Thank you all for answering!I have some brush shopping to do now,lol.

#Post 6 of 20 OFFLINE   Maris Crane

Maris Crane

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Joined 08-February 11
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Bobbi Brown. Benefit Get Bent. Sonia Kashuk.
i know i'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?
-- elizabeth taylor

NW10/BB Alabaster, very fair, neutral-cool skin.
sensitive, normal-to-dry, clog-prone skin. blonde/blue.

#Post 7 of 20 OFFLINE   SassyAuburn

SassyAuburn

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Joined 02-February 11
Reviews

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Bare Escentuals Slanted Liner Brush  Item # 1053446

Got this from Sephora several months ago when I fell in love with Maybelline's new gel liner. The one that comes with it is kind of thick. I was it often, it's never lost a single bristle and the angle really helps me to put it on (I have very unsteady hands).   I'm sure there are others out there that are cheaper, but I would definitely look for one with a slanted top and a super thing bristle head.

I'm a fun, fresh, fierce makeup junkie by day
and glamour blogger by night!
Follow me here and also at: www.sassyauburn.wordpress.com

#Post 8 of 20 OFFLINE   CharmedImSure

CharmedImSure

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 18-May 07
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

MAC 208 or one of their small angled brushes....these are my absolute favorite, I actually have 2 of them, one for my brows and one for the fluidline, and I've had them for around 5 years. 

tbp504397_v0_l.jpg

#Post 9 of 20 OFFLINE   DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by taliacrayon24 View Post

Honestly, I use the one that came with my Maybelline 24-hour gel liner. It's on the small side, but it's an amazing brush.

I love this brush too. I have really bad vision, but of course need to take my glasses off to do my makeup, so I need to be really close to the mirror to see what I am doing. The fact that this is a small brush makes it perfect for me. Also it really is high quality, no bristles lost, just the right softness/hardness to work with gel liner, and I love the shape of it too.

The only other brush I want to try is the Sonia Kashuk bent liner. i've read so many good reviews and because it's bent the long handle won't be hitting the mirror when I'm up close to it.

#Post 10 of 20 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

DonnaJ, bent liner brushes were realllly nice for me before I had my vision surgery.  I could get up super close (my vision was something around 20/700 and 20/900...so...yeah. couldn't see a thing) and I could keep the brush handle more sideways while the brush tip applied nicely on my eyes.  I think I got mine from coastal scents, but they all function pretty much the same. I liked the bent design of it.  I could still SEE directly into the mirror while my applying hand was out of the way, too (instead of directly in front of my eye), which was nice.

omg a line --^

#Post 11 of 20 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

I should try a bent brush...I never thought about using it with bad vision.  I'm always bending and twisting and fighting the mirrior with the brush handle lol.

#Post 12 of 20 OFFLINE   kayleigh83

kayleigh83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Bent liner brushes are the best! I made my own using an art brush and needlenose pliers, and I love the thing!

blog..:://taupe is the new black\::..

etsy store ..:://nail art by kayleigh\::..

tumblr..:://nail art by kayleigh\::..

#Post 13 of 20 OFFLINE   Rebbierae

Rebbierae

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined 14-May 08
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

My favorite is the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush--it's thicker but then comes to a point so you can make a fine line or a thicker one.

#Post 14 of 20 OFFLINE   jiogirl

jiogirl

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

I agree, the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush is the best. Plus it has a cap so you can take it with you without getting dirty.

#Post 15 of 20 OFFLINE   DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Annelle View Post

DonnaJ, bent liner brushes were realllly nice for me before I had my vision surgery.  I could get up super close (my vision was something around 20/700 and 20/900...so...yeah. couldn't see a thing) and I could keep the brush handle more sideways while the brush tip applied nicely on my eyes.  I think I got mine from coastal scents, but they all function pretty much the same. I liked the bent design of it.  I could still SEE directly into the mirror while my applying hand was out of the way, too (instead of directly in front of my eye), which was nice.

I'd love to get that vision surgery, but with two kids in college there isn't any money at the moment! lol One day... But I think even after i get the surgery I'll need glasses for reading. I have progressive lenses (like bi-focals but no line) and I don't think that surgery can fix both. I'd be happy just to have my distance vision fixed so that most of the time I don't need to wear glasses though.

With everyone agreeing on the bent liner brushes, I'll be picking that up next time I'm at Target!

#Post 16 of 20 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

yeah, I don't think you can really fix presbyopia with surgery, as it's a normal part of aging and just gets worse with older age.  But regular vision problems (myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia) can.

My eyes were so bad, I was told about the surgery when I was a tween, and pretty much every dollar I've saved up since I was 11 went towards that surgery. (that, and basically, at 11 I was told to wait until I was 16, at 16 I was told technology learned you should wait until you're 18, at 18 I was told 21, at 21 I was told to wait until your eyes stop changing, since if you do the surgery too early, your eyes continue to mature, and basically your eyes are bad again and you've already permanently altered them.  so i got scared into waiting until I had 3 more years of static vision.  so by the time I got my surgery over 15 years later, I had a nice little savings jar saved up.)

omg a line --^

#Post 17 of 20 OFFLINE   DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
Reviews

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Yup, when my son was 18 we had a consultation with our eye doctor about possible surgery for him. He's mildly autistic and had a real hard time getting contacts in and out, so we gave up on that idea. The doc said the same thing, wait until he's at least 21 but probably better to wait until 24/25 for surgery. Looks like we'll have to save up for the both of us.

#Post 18 of 20 OFFLINE   social-buttafly

social-buttafly

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

It's definitely my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner. I find it has the best control. It's a bit on the pricey side, but as you know, you get what you pay for.

#Post 19 of 20 OFFLINE   memoiselle

memoiselle

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11
Reviews

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

I think the best gel eyeliner ever is bobbi brown's. It's long lasting and has never smudge ever!

#Post 20 of 20 OFFLINE   Hellen Huynh

Hellen Huynh

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Did you buy this brush online? I am looking for a brush like that.