FOTD August 16, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lorraine those colors are gorgeous!! What an awesome party gift at showers.  I bet the girls loved it.

I got the Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer in my August Birchbox and gave it a try today.  It pretty much is what I suspected, light coverage.  Now, it did apply very nicely and smoothly and has a wonderful texture and feel to it.  I'm just someone who prefers a more full coverage foundation, but I could see me using this on days when I'm not going for full makeup and want to throw something on with some SPF and a little coverage.  Overall I would say this is a great product for you girls looking for a good tinted moisturizer with light coverage, SPF and good blendability.

Eyes:

NYX Concealer in a Jar - Beige

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Brunette

WNW Golden Goddess Palette

WNW Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Stila Waterproof Eyeliner - Lionfish

Covergirl Natureluxe Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

Laura Geller Baked Blush N Brighten - Apricot Berry

Lips:

Absolute Lip Crayon - Copper

Buxom Lipgloss - Amber

Face:

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer - Medium

ELF HD Powder

It's been quite a long time since I posted something in here. I don't like the way the eyeliner looks with my eyes open. My eyes are way too small for such an extended wing, but oh well...
Any CC is welcome ^_-

Face:
WnW coverall concealer
Sephora mineral foundation compact
Estee Lauder tender blush in Fresh Plum

Eyes:
L'oreal wear infinité in Smooth Latte
Maybelline expert wear in Linen
Maybelline expert wear in Nutmeg
Sephora colorful duo #5
Beauty control liquid e/l
Faces cometics black e/s
CG lash blast

Lips:
Revlon Pink in the Afternoon

I agree! You look fabulous. <3 LOVE it.

Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics in Masquerade and Bordeaux. [:

Lashblast Mascara

ELF Mineral Eyeliner

[: Simple and quick, today.

Originally Posted by WildGlamazon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are you talking about? Your eyes look gorgeous with the liner, open or closed!!!!
I think that it looks too Cleopatra-ish when they're open.
icon_neutral.gif
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.

I decided to do a super simple look today from the movie Sucker Punch.  

Face- Benifit coralista blush and Tarte pressed powder

Eyes- I used MAC bare canvas as a primer then topped that with the matte white from Wet n Wild's pride palette.  I used the shimmer white at my brow and a little under my eyes.  I then made a winged eye with two strokes of my Loreal liquid liner and used some CG Lash Blast mascara. The first stroke was a fine line that followed my lash line; the second thickened the end of the line and winged out.  I used a bit of my blush to cut in a crease.  If I really wanted to play up the babydoll character look I could have put on a few lashes and a ton more blush but eh.  I've got no where to go and would feel silly sitting on the couch with that much make up on.  

I know its in black and white lol It was for a contest that I didnt win. But it was for an old hollywood look, and I thought it could be used as a reference maybe?

All I used was:

sephora black eyeliner

ardell lashes in tyra

nyx lipstick in snow white

salmon dark circle corrector.

Good job ladies!

YCR: The winged liner looks great. Your eyes don't look small at all. A very fresh faced look, I like it.

STUNNING AS ALWAYS!!! amazing eyes!!! i love it!

Originally Posted by 0oYCRo0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been quite a long time since I posted something in here. I don't like the way the eyeliner looks with my eyes open. My eyes are way too small for such an extended wing, but oh well...
Any CC is welcome ^_-

Face:
WnW coverall concealer
Sephora mineral foundation compact
Estee Lauder tender blush in Fresh Plum

Eyes:
L'oreal wear infinité in Smooth Latte
Maybelline expert wear in Linen
Maybelline expert wear in Nutmeg
Sephora colorful duo #5
Beauty control liquid e/l
Faces cometics black e/s
CG lash blast

Lips:
Revlon Pink in the Afternoon

i had another interview this week ( fingers crossed
eusa_wall.gif
), so I had to do a neutral/barely anything look as people in my industry don't wear makeup. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wearing: Lancome Eclat Miracle mixed in with Tarte Smooth Operator for a dewy look!

Eyes: CS hot pot me23  Lips: Prestige Color Treat anti-aging lipstick in Beautifully Buff

I just did this one for fun, is a remake of a look I tried back in 2009, FAILED then, now much better now though lol...

Products used:

Face:

Revlon Colorstay Rich Tan (I think I need a darker shade though)

Eyes:

Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer

Gold from the Manly Palette

NYX Black

NYX Black Bean

Maybelline Falsies

Lips:

NYX Lip Liner in True Red

MAC Russian Red Lipstick

Face: L'Oreal True Match Mineral Makeup

Bottom lid: Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric

Top Lid: Urban Decay eyshadow in Flash

Lips: Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Champagne Shimmer

damn musingmuse :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are adorable.  I love your pose there.  Best of luck with getting your job :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Fun thing is, if I showed up to work dressed like batman no one would really care all that much.  I love my job! 

lol! THANKS!
icon_lol.gif

hehe.. where do you work?

Originally Posted by Lauren Ball /img/forum/go_quote.gif

damn musingmuse :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are adorable.  I love your pose there.  Best of luck with getting your job :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Fun thing is, if I showed up to work dressed like batman no one would really care all that much.  I love my job! 

I work for an alternative high school teaching art.  My kids are not shocked by anything I do anymore.  My boss is also very generous when it comes to letting me get away with a lot of silly stuff.  Most of my hair used to be purple, I have funny piercings, I dress oddly but the kids still learn so that is what matters most to him.  

Fun thing is, I went for an interview for my summer teaching position with bright blue hair and very loud blue makeup and still got the job.  My resume was also printed on baby blue vellum paper.  It is a good thing I have great credentials! 

Back