Looking for light weight liquid foundation that doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a MASK all day!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can any of you ladies help me with my liquid foundation problem?  I was a "sun worshiper" way before they told us it was damaging....I'm a very young looking 67....so I now have some dark sun damage spots I need to cover.  I also have large pores I need to cover up.  I work on them regularly with the OCM, the Miracle Whip mask, and the aspirin mask.  It helps, but I still have the large pores.  Wrinkles?  No...I've been very blessed to not have them to cover up.

I've been trying to find a liquid foundation that doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a heavy mask over my face all day.  So far, no luck.  I've been using "Revlon ColorStay with SoftFlex".  I really like the way it looks over Smashbox primer....but the mask feeling is still there.  I also have tried "L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute with Pro-Retinol A & Vitamin C", but it looks a bit cakey.

I even spent extra money on Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation SPF 30 and bought the cute little pink Beauty Blender makeup sponge and it STILL doesn't seem to do the job...because it doesn't cover the pores I need to hide.

Any suggestions on a light weight liquid makeup that won't make me have to skip meals to pay for it??  Thanks for the help.

I use Makeup Forever's HD foundation, it remains quite light on the skin. A primer is a must, as well powder over it.

For the pores, you could try layering two coats of primer.

This is a personal opinion but to me, the application also has to do with how the foundation looks on you. Flat foundation brush : too many streaks, fingers : too cakey, i was wasting product by applying too much, sponge : it drinks up some of the foundation, it looks cakey. In the end i tried stippling my foundation and it's the best solution for me. I spend less time applying my foundation, and it's blended very easily. I apply one coat on my forehead, and two on the rest of my face to cover rosacea and acne scars on my chin.

I love Makeup Forever's HD Foundation.
wub.gif

Thanks Megosienne.  I will look that up and try it.  I have a question for you.  What is stippling and how do you do it?  I've tried the sponge and don't get good results and always end up pouring some into the palm of my hand, mixing some of my Olay serum with it and then applying by just rubbing it all over my face.  I'd love to know how the stippling is done.  Thanks again for your help.
icon_biggrin.gif

I use mineral makeup mixed with my fave face lotion when I don't want to feel caked in makeup

It's tapping the makeup onto your face with a sponge or wedge - over and over again with quick strokes.

I found this site that I thought might help.  I dont have video capabilities on this computer, so I cant judge how well she's doing it... but it should give you a pretty good start.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4948994_apply-makeup-foundation-stippling-technique.html

Originally Posted by godfreygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks Megosienne.  I will look that up and try it.  I have a question for you.  What is stippling and how do you do it?  I've tried the sponge and don't get good results and always end up pouring some into the palm of my hand, mixing some of my Olay serum with it and then applying by just rubbing it all over my face.  I'd love to know how the stippling is done.  Thanks again for your help.
icon_biggrin.gif

I personally really really like Covergirl Clean Foundation for Sensitive skin. It smells sorta funny but most do. It feels really comfortable on my skin but I have dry skin that soaks it up.

Originally Posted by Kaymarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally really really like Covergirl Clean Foundation for Sensitive skin. It smells sorta funny but most do. It feels really comfortable on my skin but I have dry skin that soaks it up.

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily skin, even in the formula for oily skin. It oxidizes on me, so unless you want the oompa loompa look..

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily skin, even in the formula for oily skin. It oxidizes on me, so unless you want the oompa loompa look..

ew yeah I know a bunch of ppl that used to wear this and they always looked super pink or super orange...nasty.  The smell makes me sick too

Lightweight formulas that I've tried - Diorskin Nude, Clarins Everlasting Foundation, MUFE face and body foundation

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? I have super dry skin so maybe that's why it works so well for me, it's never turned me orange.

I absolutely love L'Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Souffle foundation makeup. It's REALLY lightweight and gives me good coverage. The only downfalls are that the color shade selection is very small and your skin needs to be on the "normal" side for it to look natural. If it is dry, it doesn't cover smoothly. If it is oily and you use a mattifier, the foundation will "bead up" like little pieces of lint and gets you nowhere. I like the L'Oreal primers too to help with keeping your pores in check. I use the Magic Perfecting Base and just hit the bottom. Right now if you go to L'Oreal's website, they have lots of coupons for different products, including these ($2 off). Keep an eye out at your favorite drug store too. Often they have L'Oreal products "buy one get one" half off. If you print two coupons for two products, that's a hell of a savings!!!!

My mom uses it and LOVES IT.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love L'Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Souffle foundation makeup. It's REALLY lightweight and gives me good coverage. The only downfalls are that the color shade selection is very small and your skin needs to be on the "normal" side for it to look natural. If it is dry, it doesn't cover smoothly. If it is oily and you use a mattifier, the foundation will "bead up" like little pieces of lint and gets you nowhere. I like the L'Oreal primers too to help with keeping your pores in check. I use the Magic Perfecting Base and just hit the bottom. Right now if you go to L'Oreal's website, they have lots of coupons for different products, including these ($2 off). Keep an eye out at your favorite drug store too. Often they have L'Oreal products "buy one get one" half off. If you print two coupons for two products, that's a hell of a savings!!!!

I'm having this same problem too, I love me some Revlon Colorstay, but the first thing I want to do when I come home is wash it off because it's so heavy. I'm starting to just use minerals again even though my skin doesn't look flawless with it

I use Hard Candy Face Primer, Almay liquid foundation and then dust MAC pressed powder w/a powder brush over it.. Its really lightweight for me.. I also bought some Maybelline 24 hour concealer which I adore..

Yeah I know Bonnie.. I used Covergirl in high school.. and now when I see people using it.. I feel so bad.. I absolutely.. Hate.. Covergirl.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ew yeah I know a bunch of ppl that used to wear this and they always looked super pink or super orange...nasty.  The smell makes me sick too

Well, the L'Oreal Souffle sounds good, but unfortunately I DO have oily skin and need a mattifier...so I guess it wouldn't work for me.  I've done some online research and I think I'm going to try the Milk Of Magnesia for the oil control...it gets VERY high reviews.  I'm thinking we all have to sort of experiment since everybody's skin is different.  I'm SO thankful that my Walgreen's...maybe all of them do....will take back literally anything I buy if I don't like it...even if I've used it several times.  I even took one bottle of foundation back I found in the back of my hall closet....it was never opened and I have NO idea how long I had it.  But they took it back.  If I have a receipt, they give me cash.  With that one, I got a store credit and that was fine because I had other things to get.   Also, I agree with CharmedlmSure and the Revlon ColorStay foundation.  I love the way it looks over my primer, but it feels heavy and I'm back to the feeling like I'm wearing a mask thing.  So...here I go experimenting with the Milk of Mag for oil control....don't know if I should put it over a primer or a primer over that OR no primer with it....SIGH!!!!!  The things we do to be pretty!!!
scared.gif
....and then it doesn't even always work.
icon_eek.gif
  How on earth did MEN get out of this roller coaster ride??? 
icon_scratch.gif

I recommend The POREfessional primer by Benefit. I have pretty big pores, and this helps A TON. As for the foundation, I recommend Makeup Forever's HD foundation. One squirt and my entire face is covered. It's not cakey at all. It's pricey (IMO atleast) but i've had my bottle for about 5 months, and it still has some left.

Originally Posted by Its Only Nicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I know Bonnie.. I used Covergirl in high school.. and now when I see people using it.. I feel so bad.. I absolutely.. Hate.. Covergirl.
Lol, and they would never blend into the neck so everyone always have the line at the jaw hahaha.  Yeah CG=bad

Back