Foundation settles into pores..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am currently using L'Oreal Tru Match liquid foundation. Sometimes I find that my foundation will settle into my pores within minutes of me applying the foundation, making my pores seem very visible. I'm using Olay White Radiance lotion (with SPF) as a moisturizer. (I have combination-oily skin). What could be my problem? Help anyone? TIA!!

Ahuh.. saw the links Laura posted on one of the recent threads. I sooo wanna try Smashbox's but it's not available in Singapore. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anytime that I apply too much foundation I find that it really settles into my pores and looks horrible. I don't know anything about that particular type of foundation, but is it possible that you are applying too much?

I tried the L'Oreal True Match and it did the same thing to me. One of the MAC foundations did the same thing (can't remember the name of it). I thought the foundations were too water-y, so I assumed that's why it did that to me.

True Match does that to me too, had never had any other foundation do that as much

//Jenny

i got a sample of smashbox from an order on sephora. it is so nice, i really like it. it really helped my foundation to go on much smoother and felt like silk or satin on my face. i think i will be buying the full size. i also noticed that i was not as oily in my t-zone as i would normally be.

By that I mean it felt and acted more like I put water on my face and while it was soaking wet applied foundation (if that makes sense?). I've never tried mineral makeup, like Bare Escentuals. I'm happy with my Prescriptives foundations, they work like a dream for me.

Samantha, that's exactly how I feel!! You put it in words so well! :clap

I was thinking could it be that I have not given enough time for my moisturizer to sink in? I normally leave it on for about 5-10 mins and then start applying my foundation with a sponge.

Charmaine, that's most useful! Thanks, hun! Will try that tip later today! :icon_love

i do my eyes first so my steps are:

moisturize eyes

moisturize face

pick colors

apply ud pp

apply base, then do eyes and all of that

by the time i get to my foundation, my moisturizer has sunk in.

I suggest you try a primer - one for whatever skin type you have.

But for pores, Shu Uemura Pore Perfector (in a little tube) is just great. I put in on my nose and around there and it sort of creates a base where foundation doesn't sink into it. I'm not sure if it has medicinal ingredients to help clean pores, or if it's just cosmetic. But definitely ask for a sample - they actually gave me tons of them.

I have a sample of the L'oreal kicking around. I'll try it today and see if it settles into any of my pores / lines as well.

Yeah, I just don't think the True Match is a good foundation. You're better off trying to find another foundation than to bother with the True Match.

I tried my sample of the True Match.

The color I had was a bit too dark, so I had to lighten it with a Cle de Peau lightener I had around - but used very little.

The consistency is very thin, watery, as described. But I thought it went on very easily, spread really far and I ended up using very little.

I have lots of not-so-fine lines and it didn't settle into any of them. In fact, I'd say it didn't even look like I was wearing foundation - even 1 inch from an enlarging mirror - yet it gave me very good converage.

Only thing I can think is that maybe you used too much product?

hth

Latest posts

Back