-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

What's The BEST Epilator?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

I'm looking for the BEST epilator to buy.  If you use one, is it good?  If you want one, which one are you planning on buying?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   KaeceeLove

KaeceeLove

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11
Reviews

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

I just bought the epilady sport from HauteLook :( it' still processing ill let ya kno how it is when i get it tho!

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   Hana

Hana

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

I used some epilators from several brands and ended up with a Brown Silk Epil. In my opinion Brown Silk Epils are the only good epilators on the market. I would recommend one you can use wet, because it really eases the pain and feels like it is much more efficient and less stressing for the skin.

Also they come with a lot of different caps and I found a use for every one of them :)

I always forget to charge this thing, but it only takes 5min or so to recharge. Which is very nice as well.

Before I came to Brown a owned a no name brand and a Panasonic epilator.

Usually I epilate 3-4 days in a row and than some weeks later again. My sister epilates every week to get a good result.

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

I've not even heard of the brand Brown...

I'll have to research, thx.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Do you mean BRAUN??? rather than Brown?

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   Hana

Hana

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Reviews

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

oops I'm sorry

yes I mean Braun.

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

oh thank god!  I thought I was missing out.

#Post 8 of 12 OFFLINE   katana

katana

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07
Reviews

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

I have the Braun one as well. I recommend using Braun, they are a well known long standing company.

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

I've been happy with my Emjoi optimini.  I've actually converted to epilating instead of shaving now, especially since I learned I can go a month without needing to re-epilate instead of a week between shavings.  (my roots are really deep! so it actually does take 3-4 weeks for the hairs to actually reach the surface of my skin again)

It was actually suggested to me to get the corded one (so you obviously don't want to take it into the shower with you) because you're guaranteed to always have a strong charge if it's plugged in, as opposed to battery operated or even rechargeable battery operated (which also get weaker over multiple charges)

I sit and epilate and go ow ow OW ow OWW ow OWW but then it starts to go numb and then I don't have to do it again for a month lol.

omg a line --^

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

I actually bought 2.  1 wet/dry and another corded.  Emjoi Dolphin and Remington Soft & Silky.  I use one in the shower Dolphin battery operated wet/dry and Remington is good for fine hairs on my arms and thighs.  After the first 2 waxings, I really don't feel anything at all anywhere. 

I'm not lucky enough to get to go without for a month:(  I grow hair FAST altho roots are deep so its every 2 days for me. 

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   satojoko

satojoko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10
Reviews

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Lord, I'd rather light my own hairs 'down there' on fire than ever use an epilator again. At least with waxing the torture is over in a split second. I think either a male sadist or a female masochist invented those things. No other explanation for the invention of those torture devices.
Check out my stuff for sale or trade, as well as my free shipping deals with minimum purchase. Ads have been newly edited as some prices have dropped & some products have been sold or returned for credit.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

It depends on the pain tolerance because I don't feel a thing.  The only way I know I'm getting some hair out is that there's a slight tug on the epilator itself and not on my skin...

I'm quite happy with both purchases.  I'm not particularly hairy, I just don't want ANY hair at all. 

Originally Posted by satojoko View Post

Lord, I'd rather light my own hairs 'down there' on fire than ever use an epilator again. At least with waxing the torture is over in a split second. I think either a male sadist or a female masochist invented those things. No other explanation for the invention of those torture devices.