Does anyone else suffer with sweaty face and how do you stop your make up moving??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys, I have edited my original post as I obviously wasnt very clear. I'm not running around sweating 24/7 just when its hella hot outside or if I'm being more active than usual (like dancing on a nite out), It's not a trip to the docs or anything like that, I'm just a lazy bugger who's a bit unfit and wanted a quick fix for my make up on those nites out!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, I don't have this problem but have you tried using maybelline 24 hour superstay foundation and then setting it with a powder? I used to use it and it stays on a lot longer than other foundations I've used.

-Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This might be a dumb question, but if you want your freckles to show, then why wear foundation at all? You have beautiful skin in the freckle photo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Okay...I re-read your post. You want something to combat the sweating. Have you told your doctor about this? You might have an underlying medical issue if you are sweating for no reason. Ya know...our Oil Control Powder has silica shells in it that soak up liquid. It's sheer and matte. Never had anyone use it for sweat, but it might be worth a try. PM me your addy, and I'd be happy to send you a sample :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

should have probably made it clear that its not all the time or exsessive, just when I'm out dancing or if its real hot outside! lol

Hello friend,, as i am not having this problem but want you to give suggestion,,,,,As you are having more sweat it means you have more heat in the body,,,,and to get out from it  you should drink lot of water and wash your face at least  10- 15 times in a day..and you can apply foundation and other creams also , I think after doing that you might get relief from it.

well no one has mentioned oil blotting sheets yet.  Yes there's primer..there's setting powder..there's finishing spray..there's matte foundations...but the beauty of always having oil blotting sheets at your finger tips to quickly blot away excess oils...I can't live without them..

Originally Posted by sara145wilson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello friend,, as i am not having this problem but want you to give suggestion,,,,,As you are having more sweat it means you have more heat in the body,,,,and to get out from it  you should drink lot of water and wash your face at least  10- 15 times in a day..and you can apply foundation and other creams also , I think after doing that you might get relief from it.

if you have combination to oily skin DO NOT wash your face 10 - 15 times a day!! This will only make it worse. I don't even recommend this for dry skin. it's just wrong! 

I recommend Uriage tonic, face cream, face wash for combination - oily skin 

If this is something which you yourself define as "severe sweating" go to a Dermatologist and Gyno to determine if everything is ok with your hormone levels. 

I can also recommend 

- face primer

- oil blotting sheets

- antiperspirant setting spray (before your makeup, do beware that you should not use this on a daily base since it usually for theater) 

- fixing spray 

during the summer period it is normal to sweat a lot for some skin types. I sweat a lot during summer and honestly don't wear to much makeup. 

Yaah it is good to wash face but  you should also concern the doctor  and tell them the problem which is faced by them.Sure in the summer season due to temperature i also get more sweat and we should not have to wear make up in summer as it makes skin rough.

Ok - since this is only when you're out dancing and stuff the best advise I can give you is to use an antiperspirant stick or the spray that Bonnie mentioned above.

It's not for everyday use, but antiperspirant sprays/sticks (not roll-ons) are used by professionals all the time on their face... I know - the first time I heard this I was like "Whaaa?!"  But it's true...  I got it directly from the horses mouth.  Think about it - performers on stage, under those intense lights - yeah, sweaty faces... totally.

After your moisturizer and before your foundation - rub on the antiperspirant and blot - then apply your make up like normal.

I have really oily skin and I use MAC's Blot Powder, it's probably the best thing I've found to combat the oiliness.

I had debated antiperspirant, wasnt sure if it would make my face feel all tight, but I might give it ago. 

I have also thought about blotting paper before, but how different are they from just using tissue and will it work for sweat as I know its more designed for oily skin which I dont actually have.

I've never heard of antiperspirant setting spray before, where would you get it from? I dont tend to wear make up much day to day but more just on a friday/sat nite, it just sucks when you do the perfect look and then you hit the nite out or the gig and sweat it off! lol

(btw...I should prob point out that some of the music venues where I live had no air con and are total sweatboxes!)

The blotting papers are a waste of money and not very convenience at a club setting.  Plus, its just more to lug around in your purse.

I prefer "Secret" antiperspirant myself.

Here's some info on the Cinema Secrets Spray:

http://www.cinemasecrets.com/-inspiration/blog/general-updates/women-dont-sweat/

The new question is: What's the difference between this and a makeup setting spray?! Hmmmm....

My guess is the antiperspirant property???

I have the sweaty upper lip too! It's SOOOO annoying, that's the first place on my face that will start to sweat when I'm nervous/anxious or when I'm warm. Living in Arizona makes that a really fun problem to have, too.

I've never thought about antipersperant on the face, that makes so much sense. I wonder if it would cause breakouts. I have the UD De-Slick spray which works well for setting makeup, but when you start to sweat it all off there isn't much hope. Definitely gonna look into the spray that Bonnie suggested.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The blotting papers are a waste of money and not very convenience at a club setting.  Plus, its just more to lug around in your purse.

I prefer "Secret" antiperspirant myself.

Here's some info on the Cinema Secrets Spray:

http://www.cinemasecrets.com/-inspiration/blog/general-updates/women-dont-sweat/

The new question is: What's the difference between this and a makeup setting spray?! Hmmmm....

My guess is the antiperspirant property???
Yeah would definitely look into this spray ^.^

Ok, so this Cinema Secrets Super Sealer stuff sounds like a plan!! but where the hell do you buy it from when your in the UK!?? lol

Originally Posted by purebliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi there.  Using a primer, like Flawless Veil before applying your makeup will aide in absorbing extra moisture.  In addition, a shine reduction powder on top of your makeup will aide in eliminating the unwanted, control your skins oils and help your makeup stay in tact.  Pure Bliss Minerals Shine Reduction Powder can be used to touch-up whenever necessary. 

Good luck.
The problem isnt with oils, its with sweat.  Most oil controling products wont stop sweat from peaking thru and melting away your makeup.

Its also for a specific event(s) - not for everyday use. 

Back