What is the best coverage foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, my sister wanted me to ask all you ladies whats the best coverage foundation? she has acne scars and nothing covers them , she has to put on alot of foundation to cover them.any advice is apperciated.

Kryolan Dermacolor is amazing. It covers tattoos and burn scars and things like that.

Estee Lauder Doublewear covers everything. Leaves a smooth finish as well.

P.S. Mailed out your package today Jen!

thanx allie, i know alot of girls on her use boublewear, im going to let her know, maybe she can pick it up tomrrow since were going shopping anyway.

Laura Mercier (Oil Free or Moisturizing - which ever matches her skin type)

This stuff is so pigmented that even a tiny amount covers most everything. I find when I use this, I hardly use any concealor at all. Whereas when I use many other foundations, I still need a lot of concealor for spots.

Any department store will give you a generous sample. It's definitely worth a try!

Ditto, LM has pretty good coverage. I never wear concealer I only use this foundation to cover slight dark circle on my under eyes.

But it's a little bit drying in winter, so I'm going switch to Esteelauder matte foundation for a while now.

I heard many good raves about EL double wear too, I'm going to get the sample tomorrow.

Leony,

I also find it a bit dry in certain areas in the winter. I've taken to mixing it with a little Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #2 in winter and it makes it a little more moisturizing.

I looked at an EL foundation that was recommended by a MA but they don't have the full shade selection in Japan, and they were all too dark for me.

So I have to improvise!

I too need extra coverage. I have tried many products. My favorite is Alexis Volgel Magic Yellow which is a concealer that works well with any foundation they have great foundations too however, I use the full coverage cream makeup from Merle Norman except when I can find the Tashi Foundation Stick. Both do a great job but only with the magic yellow concealer. Try it I think you will be pleased. It works just as good as the air brush makeup which also gives excellent coverage but is too time consuming.

Guys, please take a look at the date of the thread before answering, this one dates back to 2005, it would be better to start a new thread, especially considering products may have changed since then, or new versions appeared.

Then I am confused, and I need clarification.

That would mean that this thread topic would be a double, or even a triple thread if I, say for example started a new one on this exact topic.

Now if this thread is outdated, at what point do you delete old or non-active or even duplicate threads? And if it's outdated, why do you keep it? For reference? Yet the information is "outdated" as you say.

However, I am and A Friend is just reactivating this old thread with new and current information. Is this what a forum is supposed to be about? Contribute new and current information without starting repeatitive threads?

Just asking...

I've just realized that the board locks older threads. So I guess it makes sense that creating a new thread doesn't affect duplicate ones.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation is amazing for covering up with a nice smooth finish. You only need a little bit because using too much will look caked on.

Latest posts

Back