Eco-Emi: October's box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a few days ago I got an email from Eco-Emi stating my box had shipped. My email is dated Tue 10/18/2011 4:35 PM. So I went to check the status today and get this on Stamps.com:

Confirmation Number:
9101010521XXXXXXXXXXXX Shipped on:
October 21, 2011 Shipped via:
USPS Priority Mail   Scan History Date
Time
October 18, 2011 18:34:00 63301 Electronic Notification
Shipped on October 21? Really?! Today is ONLY the 20th! LOL Anyone get their box yet? I know Annette also gets Eco-Emi, anyone else?

I got a delivery notification when I checked this morning!  Haven't made it to the Post office yet,  anyone get it?

This is just not my month with boxes! GoGoGirlfriend's box was a disappointment, my TestTube was cancelled because they ran out and now Eco-Emi hasn't shown up! From my email LAST Tuesday:

Eco Emi has sent you a package Tue 10/18/2011 4:35 PM

[SIZE=10pt]Mailing Date:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]10/21/2011[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Est. Delivery:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1-3 day[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Service:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Priority Mail ®[/SIZE]

Today is 10/27... factoring in the weekend it should have been here YESTERDAY. As of the 25th, which is the last status update the package is in Missouri!

October 25, 2011 19:22:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY October 25, 2011 19:22:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE October 25, 2011 19:20:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY October 25, 2011 19:20:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE October 18, 2011 18:34:00 63301 Electronic Notification
I'm getting pretty fed up with companies sending me email saying they SENT a package on such and such date only to see that the package has NOT been sent yet. To me that's a lie and I hate being lied to. That email that the package was sent should have been emailed to me on the 25th when it looks like it was actually shipped. If the package was shipped on the 21th as the mailing date indicates then it should have been here by the 25th and NOT in Missouri.

Any one get their package yet?

Edit: Saw this on the Eco-Emi Facebook after I posted this:

Eco-Emi: All boxes ship tomorrow!!! xxx The stamps from USPS are always printed ahead of time so the dates can be misleading. I hope you enjoy your box! xoxo November has some awesome items. YAY!

That was posted this past Monday. So they're blaming Stamps.com because they printed their labels a week early before having the boxes ready to ship. I still find it misleading.

Edit: Here's my blog entry on the matter.

Eco-Emi: A rant

I have to first state I'm ticked at Eco-Emi right now because I received notice on October 18th that my box had shipped but as of today the box is STILL in Missouri according to the tracking site! The box was actually mailed out on the 25th NOT the 18th or 19th.

It seems as if Eco-Emi is covering their tracks by making this statement on Monday on their Facebook. I think they should have sent out an email explaining there is a delay in shipment instead of making the statement they made on Facebook.

Eco-Emi

All boxes ship tomorrow!!! xxx The stamps from USPS are always printed ahead of time so the dates can be misleading. I hope you enjoy your box! xoxo November has some awesome items. YAY! That was made on Monday which means they boxes were shipped on TUESDAY, October 25!

October is my third box with them. I signed up on July 11 and was charged that day for August's box which didn't come until August 24. I blogged about my first box on August 25. Here's the tracking info (minus my name, address and the actual tracking number) for August:

Subject: Eco Emi has sent you a package
Sent: Sun 8/21/2011 4:55 PM

This message was sent to you at the request of Eco Emi, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.

Shipment Details
Shipped To: *****
Mailing Date: 8/22/2011
Est. Delivery: 1-3 days
Service: Priority Mail ®
Signature: Not Required
Tracking: 91010105XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The shipment information contained in this email is provided by Stamps.com.
For questions about this package, please contact Eco Emi or the U.S. Postal Service.
So my box was mailed out on August 22 (Monday) and I got the email on the 21st (Sunday) which means they printed the label to mail the day before it was mailed. I got the box on the 24th - three days - after they shipped it.

My September box was paid for on August 11, two weeks BEFORE I even got my first box, and the email from Eco-Emi came on Tue 9/20/2011 3:23 PM.

This message was sent to you at the request of Eco Emi, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.
Shipment Details

Shipment Details
Mailing Date: 9/23/2011

For questions about this package, please contact Eco Emi or the U.S. Postal Service.
That box was mailed out on September 23rd and I got it on September 26th when I made my blog entry about it the same day.

Here's the info from the email sent to me on Tue 10/18/2011 4:35 PM:

Shipment Details
Mailing Date: 10/21/2011

Judging by that email sent to me last Tuesday the box should have been mailed last Friday but according to the Stamps.com website the box wasn't mailed until the 25th!

Scan History
Date Time Location Status
October 25, 2011 19:22:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 25, 2011 19:22:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
October 25, 2011 19:20:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 25, 2011 19:20:00 HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
October 18, 2011 18:34:00 63301 Electronic Notification
I don't think I would be angry right now if Eco-Emi's owner(s) simply sent out an email to me (and others) with an "We're sorry! We printed the shipping labels a week early so there will be a delay in mailing the boxes by a week" or "We're sorry but there were problems with the shipping boxes this month as scheduled so your box will be delayed by a week." Instead someone at Eco-Emi posted that comment above on Facebook which of course it was buried under everyone else's comments. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE in my book.

I've canceled my subscription with Eco-Emi, I wasn't sure if I was going to keep my subscription or not but frankly not being kept in the loop of what's going on with a box I PAID FOR SIX WEEKS AGO just irritates me to no end. I did pay for November's box on October 11 so I don't know if I'll be getting a November box or a refund. I'll be contacting Eco-Emi directly to find out which I'll be getting.

Do I recommend Eco-Emi? No. The way the billing is handled and now this just irritated me too much. Frankly it's just not worth the hassle to me. So I will blog about my October box and possibly my November box but I definitely won't be getting a December box. I'll spend that $15 at Macy's and get a ton of free stuff in November when Clinique and other cosmetic companies will be giving out goodies with their "buy this at $____ and get this for free" campaigns.

Here is what Christine from Eco-Emi said:

EcoEmi1

We had a few shipping issues, so they didn't go out until Tuesday. Sorry Dear!

And that was on Twitter? See, that just irks me to no end. I have so many people and companies that I'm subscribed to on Twitter that I'm not going to catch every single item. Same with Facebook. She should have sent the notice that boxes would be shipped out a week late instead of using Twitter and Facebook.

Yeah,  I'm an idiot.  I must have looked at last month's shipping notification.  I checked it again today and it's still in Denver, so it will be at least 5 more days until I get it.  I'm pretty fed up too,  when I signed up they said the boxes ship on the 15th.  That only happened my first month (June)  the rest have all been at least 10 days later!  I'll be canceling,  the apparent disorganization and lack of professionalism isn't worth the hassle!

All boxes ship tomorrow!!! xxx The stamps from USPS are always printed ahead of time so the dates can be misleading. I hope you enjoy your box! xoxo November has some awesome items. YAY!
I didn't sign up for Eco-Emi but I find the overexcited sugaryness of their facebook post to be an indicator of a profound lack of professionalism. Are we adults here or are we 13-year-olds?

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't sign up for Eco-Emi but I find the overexcited sugaryness of their facebook post to be an indicator of a profound lack of professionalism. Are we adults here or are we 13-year-olds?
I agree, to me it comes off as unprofessional. Professional would have been an email LAST week on the day the box was suppose to be shipped. Tuesday marked one week since I got my confirmation email from her saying the box was shipped. I didn't find out about the delay in the shipping until last night and not until AFTER I posted about it on the Eco-Emi Facebook wall. What if I hadn't liked their wall or saw Annette's post about the Twitter message? What if Annette didn't have Eco-Emi on her Twitter feed? Professionalism to me is an email admitting there was a problem with shipment or that she printed the labels too early.

I did indeed cancel, I paid for the November box on October 11 and contacted her about that via email. Her reply to me was this:

I am sorry for your poor experience with us. Being a new company and a single person, I am constantly learning and trying to make everything perfect. Sometimes that doesn't work out.

You will receive a November box.

Thank you for your feedback. I will use it to try and improve my business.

---

Warmest,

Christine

Eco Emi

Founder and CEO
I might not have canceled my account had she sent out an email notification last week instead of the posts on Facebook (24th) or Twitter (26th). Maybe I'm wrong in thinking she should have emailed customers, and I saw a few people did agree with me on her wall, but

And to think, if she's only a "single person" as she claims in her email to me... what would possess her to open it up to anyone wanting a box, no more waiting lists, much less internationally? I don't know how many subscribers she actually has but her Facebook wall she has 4,516 "likes". Let's say half are actually paid subscribers and she's only one person getting this done? Uh huh.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gifAnd to think, if she's only a "single person" as she claims in her email to me... what would possess her to open it up to anyone wanting a box, no more waiting lists, much less internationally? I don't know how many subscribers she actually has but her Facebook wall she has 4,516 "likes". Let's say half are actually paid subscribers and she's only one person getting this done? Uh huh.

It doesn't matter if it's one person or 20, as a business owner it's her responsibility to deal with it, either hire more people or put a cap on how many boxes can be sent every month. Her business, her problem.

Did you get your box yet Annette? I'm still waiting on mine. It's in my state now so I should have it on Halloween. I'm really ticked. I paid for the box almost eight weeks ago! I totally agree with Turboweevel - if it's just her she should put a cap on her boxes instead of selling more and move and getting swamped which results in delayed orders and unhappy customers.

I did get my box today.  Meh.  I got my first box in June and I've gotten a lip balm in every. single. box.  I love lip balm, but really?  The box wasn't as good a value as the past boxes have been.  I missed having some makeup or perfume to play with.  I think she has overextended herself.  Don't take on more customers until you get it right,  that's good business, right?  I'm with you, Turboweevel,  the "yay" atmosphere of the FB page is somewhat disturbing.  "Profound lack of professionalism" is a perfect description.  I however, did not see that fb page until I'd already signed up.  I'll give them one more month...... then I may be out.  I did love the packaging,  I loved the candle,  but the rest was mediocre at best. By contrast,  I loved! my last birchbox. 

Latest posts

Back