-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

What happens if I dont leave extra blonde dye in long enough?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   leah970

leah970

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hey all, Love this site, Got a question about hair dye

Ive been dying my hair forever as long as I can remember and whenever I go to the states I bring home tons of hair dye as it is like a third of what it costs here. Anyways, heres my dilema, I go from blonde to extra blonde and back depending on the seasons. I have discovered that my hair is much healthier when I dont go extra blonde. So what I am wondering, is that the regular dye is usually 30 minutes and extra blonde is 45 minutes, so If I left the extra blonde in for only 30 minutes would it not be as hard on my hair?

Am I making sense? I just have so much that I hate to ditch it. Thanks in advance for the advice

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   satojoko

satojoko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

As far às I'm aware, you might wind up with your hair being kinda orange. I used to be platinum blonde years ago and had that happen a few times when I was impatient or in a rush. Then again, I'm not a colorist, so I don't know for sure. Just going by my experience. Ī believe the 'extra blonde' would have more bleaching agent in it and would need to go through its full developing time. If not, you might get a nasty shade of blonde. Could be wrong, and if I am I'm sure somebody with professional experience will pipe up and correct me.
Check out my stuff for sale or trade, as well as my free shipping deals with minimum purchase. Ads have been newly edited as some prices have dropped & some products have been sold or returned for credit.

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Might be similar to leaving dye on grey hair for a full 45 minutes - coarser and may need the extra time to penetrate.

Why not try mixing a small amount of the extra blond and putting it on a lock of hair for 30 minutes and see if that is enough?

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   SarahNerd

SarahNerd

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 22-July 11
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Are we talking high lift color or straight up bleaching?

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

You can easily check the progress of your lightening and not just go by the amount of time required.  If you see that it is lightened to your preference then rinse it out.  If you find that 30 min is leaving your hair orange, then leave it for another 5-10 or until you get the results you are after.  Any bleaching product is going to affect the 'health' of your hair. 

Originally Posted by leah970 View Post

Hey all, Love this site, Got a question about hair dye

Ive been dying my hair forever as long as I can remember and whenever I go to the states I bring home tons of hair dye as it is like a third of what it costs here. Anyways, heres my dilema, I go from blonde to extra blonde and back depending on the seasons. I have discovered that my hair is much healthier when I dont go extra blonde. So what I am wondering, is that the regular dye is usually 30 minutes and extra blonde is 45 minutes, so If I left the extra blonde in for only 30 minutes would it not be as hard on my hair?

Am I making sense? I just have so much that I hate to ditch it. Thanks in advance for the advice

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   Katie-Gaslight

Katie-Gaslight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-May 11
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

"extra blonde" i assume is not hair dye, but bleach (blue powder). if you don't leave it in long enough it won't suck out all the red undertones and leave your hair orange.

bleach is the fkcing DEVIL. i used to bleach my hair for two years (the roots, of course) and stopped april 2010.. it's still not completely recovered. stay away from that crap.. bleach is seriously awful

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   leah970

leah970

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 09-October 10
Reviews

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

I guess "extra blonde" is bleach. Its Revlon Ultra light Ash Blonde if that changes anything. It makes sense that not enough time would leave it orangey. My natural hair color is like a dark ash blonde (I think.. lol) Definately dont want orange hair!

Thanks for the input

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   Firefox7275

Firefox7275

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11
Reviews

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Ginger roots are the worst case scenario but the result depends on your natural hair colour, porosity, condition, coarseness, brand used, etc. You need to do a strand test using hair collected from your brush or  plughole. To protect your hair from peroxide damage and rehydrate afterwards try coconut oil.

• leah970 likes this