Do you have a skin condition or a scar you are self conscious about?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Growing up as a young child  I was rough on the legs and obtained some scars that stayed visible into my adult years. I also had little black hair follicle bumps that wouldnt seem to go away even after I shaved! For the most part...I use to always be self conscious about my skin...only showing my legs occasionally and so on until I found a temporary but long lasting solution! Body Makeup! The makeup I use which is applied professionally by me this is not derma blend or spray on stockings...this makeup is  FDA approved,smudge & waterproof...and with simple care lasts up to 7 days. At first I was skeptical until I came into this business and started using the makeup on myself and clients. Although I can not change the texture of your skin...I can camoflauge anything you wouldnt want to be seen. I enjoy putting a smile on clients face when they see the after results! I am located in North Carolina...and occasionally travel depending on whats going on! Contact me if you would like to know more about this makeup! Its not a permanent fix but its great for those who just want a break from whatever they may have going on with their skin!! Put on that swimsuit you always wanted to wear or that cocktail dress you've been longing to wear!

Scars,stretchmarks,blotchy skin,hyperpigmentation,hair bumps,spider veins,age spots,tattoo cover up,tummy tuck & surgical scars,vitiligo,sun burn,keloids(color),eczema,psoriasis ,e.t.c!

I have this problem with thick facial hair on my chin and my neck and I pluck it everyday!! Its SO embarrassing!! It just started one day with a few little ones, then my friend swiped NAIR all over my chin and bottom of it and its been coming back more and more, and I pluck and pluck!! A year ago I had a hysterectomy and was hoping it would go away..Nope!! I am so obsessed with this that I have 10 mirrors that are the amplify types and am constantly picking n I get so bad that I even make myself bleed by scratching at the ones that are not ready to be plucked but look like they are when you have 10 mirrors that amplify up to 100 lol!! I need help!!

Try to be easy with the scratching...our face is fragile and we dont want to scar it. Im not a fan of plucking I think wax is more safer and healthier.

Makeupdollbaby: I don't use anything other than foundation on my face. Time has been the only thing to help eliminate or lessen the appearance of my scars.

I have Vitiligo, a skin disease which leaves me with white patches all over my skin, and I started getting really self conscious when my classmates noticed it and would be all "What is wrong with your legs?!"  ;___;

I have dark hyperpigmentation patches all over my upper body. I remember having them in middle school when I was 13 and never saying anything to a doctor or my family because the girls in the locker room changing for PE would tease me... calling me a cow (because I am overweight and spotted... how very clever) and I didn't want anyone having to see it. Now, ten years later I still have them and they spread on to my neck area as well. I'm very self conscious about them still. I use a skin lightening cream on them and they go away for awhile but they always come back. When I get medical coverage again I want to see a dermatologist about them.

I have a ugly keloid on my chest and one from c-section I hate them and they make me very very self conscience

I have a big, noticeable scar on the back of my right hand, it covers the back of my hand entirely up to the fingertips. It´s from a very bad burn at age 2, and I never got surgery for it as a child (which would have probably made it look a lot better, but I grew up in a very rural area with no great plastic surgeons). If I were to get surgery now, it would take several surgeries and the end result would not be "perfect" enough for me to consider this option.

Since I´ve had this scar for as long I can´t even imagine not having it. I don´t love it, but it doesn´t bother me too much. The rare cases I do get self-conscious about it is when I catch somebody staring at it.

I used Rogaine a long time ago because I have straight, fine hair. I wanted some volume. Well, the product made me grow facial hair on my chin and down my neck some. And I'm italian, so it's dark hair. Which is awesome. I have to shave everyday, but it still looks like....little pieces of dirt or something. Horrible.

I have psoriasis. Used to bother me, but nothing I can really do about it so i'm used to it.

I had really bad acne scars on my face.  When I went backpacking across South East Asia, I heard about this treatment called Plasma Replacement Therapy.  I took the risk (and did my research!!!), and went to a very reputable hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.  I believe it was called Queen Princess Skin Care, or something like that.  Anyway, I underwent two treatments, and I kid you not, about 60% of the scars on my face were gone.  The deeper ones filled up about 80%, and the shallow ones are just plain gone.  Each treatment there was about $500 USD.  In the USA, treatments are over $25,000 or so.  Now I am not recommending everyone fly to Vietnam, but it does work.  I will see if I can scrape together before and after shots of my face.  I think I even have some shots during the healing process.  It was scary as my face swelled up so much, but it was worth it.  Now I use Firmosa Skincare Gold Serum on my face every night, and as a guy, I cannot believe it has helped me so much in rebalancing my skin, and keep it from being over oily like before.  If any of you are interested in learning more about the procedure, I am happy to help!

I have a massive scar on my leg that runs from upper mid thigh all the way down to my ankle from 9 surgeries. I have scars elsewhere too, but this one bothers me the most as only pants covers all of it. while I am so very grateful to my current incredible ortho surgeon who not only saved my leg, but was able to reconstruct it in such a way that I will eventually have pretty normal function. but I feel extremely self conscious in anything other than pants. since recondstructive surgery means more surgery, recovery, and is an infection risk, I am very interested in finding cosmetic products that will effectively cover it. I am going to an event in the beginning of march where I am wanting to wear a dress (above knee) but feel uncomfortable unless I can come up with an effective way of covering my scar. I don't have a lot of money to spend on lots of products without knowing if they'll work for me, so I've triede ailing several companies and very much hope to hear back from as many as possible. I also write a review blog so would be more than happy to write reviews as weel.

Back