What is your daily makeup routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on my mood really. Some days I'll just throw on concealer and eyeliner maybe some mascara, other days I'll do colorful eyes, other days I'll go all out and use my airbrush system.

This is just for class, coffee dates, dance, casual dinners, etc, but... Bioderma Sensibio micelle cleanser on a cotton round to get rid of anything my shower didn't, and to make sure any hair product residue is off (as I do my hair before I do my makeup). 7 Avene Thermal Water to tone. Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye & Lip Contour cream on my eyes, Murad Redness Sensitivity Serum, then my sunscreen - atm, Clinique Even Better SPF20 sample I'm using up. But, generally I use the Olay Complete Sensitive SPF30 or LRP Hydraphase UV30. Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer all over the face, Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner down the bridge of my nose, and on my cheeks right beside my nose. Bobbi Brown Regular TM, Alabaster Tint. Concealer as needed (spots) - LM Secret Camouflage if I have the time, HC Glamouflage if I'm in a rush. Cream highlighter/blush, if wearing. MAC MSFN in Light buffed in to set. Powder blush/highlighter/bronzer, if wearing. YSL Touche Eclat #1 under the eyes, Makeup Forever AquaEyes #23L in the lower waterline. Eyeprimer, base (if worn), eyeshadow, and liner. Curl lashes, mascara (recently: Neutrogena Healthy Volume Carbon Black, Revlon GrowLuscious Blackest Black, or Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume - Black). Tightline with LM Cakeliner in Black Ebony. Benefit Brow-Zings in Light & Maybelline Great Lash Clear through brows. Carmex on a Q-tip to get rid of any makeup on my lips, MAC P&P lip, then whatever my LOTD is. Avene thermal water spray to set.

I seem to vary by what the occasion is. Most of the time I am stuck at home so there is no point in putting on makeup. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If I am going somewhere then my makeup routine will be different pretty much every day lol... I guess I don;t have an everyday makeup look!

Mine depends on a day. Some days it's only mascara and powder other days it's full on foundation, powder and eyes with multiple eye shadow shades and blush. I didn't use a blush or  bronzer for a long-time until I had my makeup done by a professional and I never looked back. A little bit of blush makes a huge difference on the way my makeup looks. I'm careful not to go over board though. I don't want the grandma bright cheeks. Blush a bronzer really helps to bring your face alive and I feel so different when my makeup is fully done. I just wish I had more time to do a full face makeup every day.

is that hard candy primer really that good?  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The Original one, yes. The Brightening is a total glitterbomb. I'm not sure how well it fares for oily skin and oil control, but if you like the Smashbox Original Photo Finish or Clarins Perfecting Touch balm, this one feels similar on the face. It's not the best for pores (though I don't think any primer comes close to the Clarins or the Dr. Brandt), but if you need a smooth base for foundation if you have some roughness, some flakes, and some dryness, the HC Original is excellent.

I wear foundation, simple eyeshadow, instead of eyeliner I use black or brown eyeshadow, mascara, a neutral blush (that isn't brown), and pink lip gloss. I always use the same pink lip gloss. I love it so much I keep it in my purse. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For more dressy occasions I'll use more colors. Usually purple.

when i want lighter coverage:

MUFE Face & Body #34, MAC Magically Good Liquid Powder in Cajun (all over), Blush (different shade depending on my mood)

sometimes mascara or a neutral eye if i have time.

if i want more coverage/special occasion:

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation NW35 or Avon Magix Cashmere Pure Beige

Well, mine is probably kinda long haha

-Purity made Simple Cleanser

-Clinique Acne Solutions Step 2

-First Aid Beauty Eye Roller

-Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

-Urban Decay Cream to Powder Foundation

-MUFE HD Powder

-Almay Eyeliner

-Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

-MAC Lipstick in Sweetie

-MAC Eyeshadow in All that Glitters

mine is face primer, bronzer, concealer, foundation and translucent powder also i don't have eyebrows so i have to draw them on lol

I make sure to moisturize and wash my face everyday. (I just use drugstore products for this). For foundation I use MAC's studio fix powder in NC15. I will just apply a bit of eyeliner and mascara if its just a regular day. Sometimes if i want a really natural looking day I will just apply foundation and maybe a bit of blush. 

I'm thinking about getting the MAC studio fix fluid in NC15 but I'm a bit scared that it will be too dark for me. If anybody has used it please feel free to let me know what you think of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have many different daily routines according to my mood. Lately, I've been using EL Doublewear foundation because I like the coverage, Clinique Airbrush concealer, Chanel powder, MAC Dainty or Illamasqua Nymph blush, MSF in Sonft & Gentle, MAC Stone lipliner, random black eyeliner (no eyeshadow) with Benefit's "they're real" mascara, Laura Gellar brow powder, and I alternate between MAC Bare Again lipstick, Cut a paper, and Hibiscus.

In a couple of weeks, my routine will change again. I can never have the same routine for long. I like variety!

I always have have the same makeup routine: -Opcon eyedrops to get rid of any redness in eyes -Wash hands, mix Mac foundation with some Cetaphil moisturizer in the palm of my hand -Spray face with Fix+ -Apply foundation w/fingers -Wash hands, put in contacts -All That Glitters eyeshadow all over lid -Slightly curl lashes (kind of helps to outline my eye for applying eyeliner, but it's not so curly that my eyelashes get in the way, if that makes sense) -Revlon liquid liner, slightly winged out -Fill in brows while liner dries -Curl lashes better -Carbon eyeshadow over eyeliner to soften/define/blend -1-2 coats of Great Lash mascara -Revlon under eye concealer w/brush -Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer -John Masters lip balm WOW!!! That sounds like a million steps, but I'm so used to doing it everyday. It takes me 15 minutes at the most 0_0

I do the exact same thing every day... apply face brightener and then moisturizer,

then concealer then foundation, light layer of powder, bit of bronzer and blusher,

curl eye lashes, apply eye liner and mascara and thats it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my make-up routine:
1. Wash my face and apply moisturizer
2. Apply MAC prep + prime skin primer
3. Apply MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
4. Apply Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer potion
5. Wear eyeshadow, usually U.D./ MAC
6. Put on blush/bronzer or both
7. Lipgloss/lipstick
In regard's to your question, I think what you are wearing is completely fine for a girl your age. Keeping makeup natural for school is the best way to go.

I will first rinse my face with some warm water. Then I use an astringent to close my pores & give them another deep clean. I allow the toner to dry & I then apply an SPF moisturizer I prime my eye lids, apply concealer to them & a translucent powder to create a good base. I then apply my eyeshadows, Pencil in lightly any gaps in my eyebrows & comb through Apply a highlight on my brow bone Eyeliner Curl lashes Mascara Remove any fall out with some which hazel on a cotton tip Prime my face & neck Apply foundation Apply powder Apply concealer (in that order) Continue with Contour Blusher Highlight Finally fill my lips with a liner, (i dont use lipsticks, as they dry out my lips) apply Lip gloss GO !!!

Back