Subscription & Sampling Programs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding My Glam. This one has me the most skeptical because it's by Michelle Phan and a few other Youtube Gurus. It seems like everyone is trying to cash in on the subscription fad that Kim Kardashian started a few years ago. Hopefully My Glam won't be a dud like Eco-Emi or GoGoGirlfriend was for me.

I've signed up for it. Let's hope it's not another dud. This supposed is what was sent as their November box.

If the samples are full size or deluxe then I'll be super impressed. This is what I wrote in the list of subscription programs.

This one is new and is by Michelle Phan & Jessica Harlow. Like Birchbox it's a subscription beauty company that sends out "four to five new beauty products each month in a cute makeup bag". From My Glam's FAQs, "Glam Bags are shipped on the last day of every month via USPS mail".

Zadidoll-I was looking into the MyGlam and from what I read it seems that they haven't sent out boxes yet.  I saw a FB post stating they would be delivered around December 10th?  I thought these products might be what is going to be shipped out in this box (Dec 10).  If that's the case, then I'm in! I watched the YouTube vid with Michelle Phan and it looked like the makeup bag was pretty cute, too!  I'm kind of skeptical, as well.  I did sign up for just the general stuff and I took the questionaire.  I was thinking of asking for this as a Christmas present, but then I'm also thinking about the Cravebox, when it finally gets released, because it is supposed to be a mix of different things. 

BTW-what did you think of their questionaire compared to other programs? 

I really appreciate all of the information that you provide on these forums!

I think I might sign up for a few with the yearly option after the holidays are over.  This list is awesome and really informative. Thank You!

Right now I'm going to have to tell people to AVOID subscribing to MyGlam at this time ONLY because when you enter your credit card the page is NOT secure. The site is a horrible security mess and jumps from unsecured to secured to unsecured without any notification. My browser is set to pop up and let me know if I'm switching from unsecured or not and with MyGlam there is no alert.

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zadidoll-I was looking into the MyGlam and from what I read it seems that they haven't sent out boxes yet.  I saw a FB post stating they would be delivered around December 10th?  I thought these products might be what is going to be shipped out in this box (Dec 10).  If that's the case, then I'm in! I watched the YouTube vid with Michelle Phan and it looked like the makeup bag was pretty cute, too!  I'm kind of skeptical, as well.  I did sign up for just the general stuff and I took the questionaire.  I was thinking of asking for this as a Christmas present, but then I'm also thinking about the Cravebox, when it finally gets released, because it is supposed to be a mix of different things. 

The questionnaire was odd compared to other programs and felt it was more appropriate for those looking to buy shoes than cosmetics. There were no questions about your skin coloring, eye coloring or hair coloring. In fact for those curious here are screenshots of all 13 questions on the questionnaire (it skips from question 5 to question 7). Click on the image for a larger image.

My only concern with the questions is that how will they be able to determine the right products for the customer? Granted Birchbox gets it wrong from time to time with colors sent out to customers but we know there are a larger variety of boxes that is sent out by Birchbox each month. No idea with MyGlam. Still I'm the forum guinea pig on this one it seems since I have signed up despite the fact that the MyGlam order page is not secured.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I might sign up for a few with the yearly option after the holidays are over.  This list is awesome and really informative. Thank You!
By far my favorite is Birchbox. Despite them sending out mini samples instead of deluxe samples at least they don't send out old products nearing the end of it's shelf life like Eco-Emi did with the Sweet Riot chocolates OR send out products that you can buy at Target for $1 like GoGoGirlfriend does with ELF $1 items. As much as I love full size items with Test Tube... both my boxes ended up coming with damaged products and at almost $40 a box I want my products to come INTACT.

Thanks for letting us know about the security concern, Zadidoll.  I felt that the questionnaire was geared towards "style" and I agree with you on it didn't address skin tone, concerns, etc.  Again, thanks for always keeping us in the loop!

I guess Beauty Army will start early in the new year according to the emails they just sent out.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess Beauty Army will start early in the new year according to the emails they just sent out.
The email I got from them today still shows an "Early 2012" launch date. The box image looks intriguing though.

Hey Ladies and Gents! I just found out about this new makeup subscription service and I wanted to let you know about it as well. I was browsing YouTube and came across a video on this new monthly subscription service called My Glam. It's only $10 a month and free shipping. You get a sneak peak at your box so when I saw it I signed up immediately! Their also on FB and I found out through there this company just launched this month and two days after the launch they already have 10,000 subscribers! I just had to share with y'all b/c I didn't see anything on here about it and I know we love our monthly makeup samples! Let me know if you sign up! I signed up today and they sent me an email so I should get December's box...oh and they said they will begin shipping them out on Dec. 1st. 

Re: My Glam. They fixed the security problem but I have a slight issue with what was said by them.

My question to them:

Those who subscribed on the day of the security glitch... do they need to repay or are they good to go?
The reply made:

There was no security glitch, thankfully. We didn't have SSL enabled for about 2 hours for one day. There are a lot of well established sites that don't ever enable SSL, we just like to be extra careful. No need to repay, you are good to go! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)
Um, THAT WAS a security glitch. LOL Hopefully no one's info was compromised during those two hours but the fact remains there was a security problem that day.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Re: My Glam. They fixed the security problem but I have a slight issue with what was said by them.

My question to them:

The reply made:

Um, THAT WAS a security glitch. LOL Hopefully no one's info was compromised during those two hours but the fact remains there was a security problem that day.
lol i don't wanna know what sites THEY are visit! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i kind of want to sub, but a little voice tells me not to.

I signed up Nov. 29th. The website says they would ship out either the last day of the month or the 1st of the month, in their FAQ's it mentions both so I'm a little confused. I didn't see anything on there that mentions shipping on December 10th and I didn't see that on their FB either. Well it's Dec 1st and I still haven't received a shipping email! Maybe they will ship out a little later because of their high volume of subscribers, maybe they got in over their heads. We'll see...do you ladies want me to let you know when I get a shipping email?

Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Latest posts

Back