Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors



Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Outer Edge Ombre Nails


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 25 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I saw these today and I'm in love with them!!  What do you ladies think?

 

DIEGO-BINETTI-SPRING-2012-NAIL-ART.jpg


  • BreCakes likes this

#Post 2 of 25 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,945 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Cute actually, not crazy about the straight French-like tips though least not in that color but otherwise it's cute.



#Post 3 of 25 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

the french tip makes it too busy.  The 2 tone I love but I would have just done it without french tips. The model's makeup looks stupid too.  She looks like she went dirt biking while wearing googles. 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 4 of 25 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

haha it does!



#Post 5 of 25 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

i reall yneed to leanr how to do ombre



#Post 6 of 25 OFFLINE   Slinkycats

Slinkycats

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 08-July 11
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Actually the reverse mask is pretty unique in a lot of ways and creative. I think it could have been done a little bit better. I think the nail concept is cool. I used to do my tips black all the time LOL! People thought I was nuts back then too! Haha!



#Post 7 of 25 OFFLINE   beautybesties

beautybesties

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 10-April 11
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

I love this manicure!!!!!!!!!



#Post 8 of 25 OFFLINE   kayjay

kayjay

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

Not crazy about the tips either, but I love everything else!



#Post 9 of 25 OFFLINE   sharonwills

sharonwills

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 19-October 11
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

I will also try doing the nails..

Will upload pics if I manage doing it properly. 

Haha



#Post 10 of 25 OFFLINE   Ms-Jelena

Ms-Jelena

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Don't like the tips, but other than that, the look great!



#Post 11 of 25 OFFLINE   katana

katana

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

I like the two toned polish look, how in the world did she get them like that? I am very interested in it......



#Post 12 of 25 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,945 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:20 AM



Originally Posted by katana View Post

I like the two toned polish look, how in the world did she get them like that? I am very interested in it......


Most likely it was sponged on using a latex cosmetic sponge. One method is to add drops of nail polish to a flat surface, like a piece of wax paper, and then dip the sponge onto the polish then pat it to the nail. Sally Beauty's Blog actually has an article on it.

 

http://sallybeautyblog.com/2011/04/11/the-ombre-nail-art-technique/

 

 



#Post 13 of 25 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:42 AM



 

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

the french tip makes it too busy.  The 2 tone I love but I would have just done it without french tips. The model's makeup looks stupid too.  She looks like she went dirt biking while wearing googles. 



 



#Post 14 of 25 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

I like it.

 

And I agree with everyone else, the black tip throws me off a little... but the pink and white is nice.



#Post 15 of 25 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:44 AM



But how would you do it all the way around the nail?  Sounds like it would be messy and needs lots and lots of polish remover! LOL!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post


Most likely it was sponged on using a latex cosmetic sponge. One method is to add drops of nail polish to a flat surface, like a piece of wax paper, and then dip the sponge onto the polish then pat it to the nail. Sally Beauty's Blog actually has an article on it.

 

http://sallybeautyblog.com/2011/04/11/the-ombre-nail-art-technique/

 

 



 



#Post 16 of 25 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,945 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

But how would you do it all the way around the nail?  Sounds like it would be messy and needs lots and lots of polish remover! LOL!


Probably the same way you do marbling - tape off the skin around the nail and sponge it on.



#Post 17 of 25 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:10 AM



 Ahhhhhhh!!!

 

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post


Probably the same way you do marbling - tape off the skin around the nail and sponge it on.



 



#Post 18 of 25 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

Maybe... You can do a tutorial on it.  I've never seen this before and I'm sure lots of people would love to see how its done or even just a photo step by step :)

 

Originally Posted by Slinkycats View Post

Actually the reverse mask is pretty unique in a lot of ways and creative. I think it could have been done a little bit better. I think the nail concept is cool. I used to do my tips black all the time LOL! People thought I was nuts back then too! Haha!



 


  • zadidoll likes this
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 19 of 25 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

    Lacquer Lackey

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews
  • Location:California, USA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

I would like it without those tips.



#Post 20 of 25 OFFLINE   Slinkycats

Slinkycats

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Joined 08-July 11
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:36 AM


I can sure try to do a tutorial on the nails... I don't have those colours, and I don't have those polishes... I would only be able to do a black tip on short nails. Wait do you mean a tutorial on the nails or the reverse mask? LOL! 

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

Maybe... You can do a tutorial on it.  I've never seen this before and I'm sure lots of people would love to see how its done or even just a photo step by step :)