Help me more feminine naturally/make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
-Well, I decided to make a thread hoping that it might help me alot. I REALLY want to look more girly and feminine. Anyways here is the link. Please tell me all my masculine features too Thanks.

And

And

(Prob the girliest I can look at the moment) ;l

-By the way I know that I need to do my eyebrows however I have trouble with that. Can anyone tell me what type of face I have(heart, long, square, etc), and links to what kind of eyebrow shaping you recommend?

-Anyways soooo can anyone please recommend me what to do with my hair? face? Whatever to make me look like a complete girl and NOT looking like a guy in a drag. Thanks! ;D

-P.S. In the poll please be as blunt as possible. Even if you think it'll hurt my feelings. I REALLY need the bluntness. If possible please tell me reason why I would still look like a girl or a boy and if there is a way to fix it. Thank You.

(Mod note: Please remember to insert your images not direct link the images. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Your hair is fine, you just need to style it.

Your eyebrows need to be shaped. Either tweezed, waxed or threaded. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, try finding a salon you feel comfortable at and have them do it for you.

Your eyebrows aren't shaped based on your face shape, but by the shape of your eye and brow bone. I would say you have a round face shape though.

Many girls also wear coloured contact lenses, if that is something you want to try.

If you don't want to wear much makeup (and even if you do) you should find a skin care regime that works for your skin type.

I hope that helps somewhat. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your hair is fine, you just need to style it.

Your eyebrows need to be shaped. Either tweezed, waxed or threaded. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, try finding a salon you feel comfortable at and have them do it for you.

Your eyebrows aren't shaped based on your face shape, but by the shape of your eye and brow bone. I would say you have a round face shape though.

Many girls also wear coloured contact lenses, if that is something you want to try.

If you don't want to wear much makeup (and even if you do) you should find a skin care regime that works for your skin type.

I hope that helps somewhat. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! ;D And can you please do the vote and reason why plz? ^^

I think you could definatly pull of a feminine look if you get your eyebrows shaped more femininely and perhaps maybe if you styled your hair a little girly too. Maybe some cute side bangs, even a hair clippy or something if you are that brave could really make a difference I think because over all I don't think your facial features are super duper manly and so I don't think you'd have the "looking like a guy in drag" problem as much as you think :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope that helps!

As mentioned above your eyebrows need to be shaped. Right now they have no shape and look flat. You have GORGEOUS lips that many women pay good money for. Your nose is wide but with makeup and proper shading and highlighting you can make it look thinner. Your face isn't square like most men, this is a plus since it means less contouring to shape your face.

Things that can make you look more feminine without looking like a drag queen.

1. Shape the eyebrows.
  2. Eyelashes, even if you want to wear lots of eye shadows play the eyes up with eyelashes. There are soft demi lashes that aren't huge and thick and look natural.
  3. Play that mouth up. A little natural looking liner to outline your mouth and then some gloss is all you really need unless you want to REALLY play up the lips with some bold color.
  4. Blush... You've got some great cheekbones so a bit of blush will make those babies pop.

To be honest you do look a bit like a teenage girl who has no makeup experience so it won't take too much to make you look more feminine without looking like a drag queen.

If you do a google search for "plastic surgery with makeup" or "shading and conturing" you will find many video tutorials on the subject.

Yes- definetely the eyebrows. It will go easier from there. Try wearing some eye makeup like mascara, liner and shadow (although I speculate neutrals won't do a lot...try something sultry to make you look sexy) ^^ I would try to do something with the hair, too- try making it wavy!

What is your heritage, out of curiosity? =D

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes- definetely the eyebrows. It will go easier from there. Try wearing some eye makeup like mascara, liner and shadow (although I speculate neutrals won't do a lot...try something sultry to make you look sexy) ^^ I would try to do something with the hair, too- try making it wavy!

What is your heritage, out of curiosity? =D

Viet and Chineses

you don't look very masculine! I think you just need experience in the world of lady-grooming and makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> practice makes perfect, soon enough you'll have your own routine and everyday makeup look.

• BROWS: shaping your brows can have a dramatic impact on the shape of your face. go for a natural arch, nothing too crazy and thin (it'll look more artificial/drag if there's a crazy arch). if you're going to do it yourself, don't forget the top of your eyebrows--also, I would trim the eyebrow hairs, if they're somewhat long. find a beige/light brown (almost grey, not too saturated) brow powder to help add more shape. if your brows aren't cooperating, you can use a clear brow gel to hold them in place.
  • HAIR: in terms of hair, most people look better without a middle part. I would: grow out your bangs, get a side-part, and cut your hair to frame your face. I wouldn't layer it like crazy, unless the layers are close to the same length. I think the length is fine, unless you wanted something more like a bob. Play around with different products to add texture and volume. 
  • LIPS: for your skin tone, I wouldn't wear bright-red/orange lipsticks, unless they were more of a plum color. you have very nice, full lips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> don't be afraid to play them up, but in general you should avoid heavy eye makeup and bold lipstick.
  • EYE MAKEUP: in terms of eye shadows, grooming your brows will give you a lot more space to work with. look up videos of people with your eye shape. must-have colors are: black, nudes, matte highlighters (natural, off-white for under your browbone), and shimmery golden/peach colors. If you can splurge, I would recommend the UD Naked palette. use a light shimmery color on the inner corners of your eyes, and work your way out to a darker color near your outer V.
  • EYELINER: I would use a black gel liner with a slanted brush--it's easier to use than a liquid, and it'll give you more control/definition than a pencil. you'll have to draw liner differently for each eye, since on one the crease is hooded (you'll have to apply it thicker on that one). there are tons and tons of people on youtube with eyes like yours, so I would just devote a few hours to watching different tutorials. if you need help, I can find some for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. It's always a good idea to have dark brown and shimmery silver/gold/peach pencil liners. I would avoid tightlining your eyes until you get more practice--instead, line the bottom lower 3rd with a brown pencil liner.
  • LASHES: it looks like your lashes are relatively long, enough that they'll be visible when they're curled. get an eyelash curler (I use shiseido, it's lasted me the past 4 years). curl your lashes by starting at the base and counting 10 seconds. then move up a couple times more and count, until you've reached the tip of your lashes. again, you can look up youtube videos for this! some mascaras tend to uncurl lashes, so find one that works for you. apply the mascara lightly and delicately to make sure it doesn't uncurl/get clumpy. coat your lower lashes in mascara too, especially the outer ones.
  • SKIN: if you want to wear foundation, avoid heavy foundations--you don't want to look cakey. if you want to emphasize features and minimize others, you can look up tutorials on how to contour your face.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated or give up if you aren't seeing the results you'd like! I didn't wear makeup for a long time because I felt like I didn't know how to apply it--but practice makes perfect. When I started to wear it on a daily basis instead of only when I went out, I got better.

Your face is probably considered an oval, which is the "ideal" female face shape. Your jawline is rounded and soft, rather than square like a lot of men. Your lips are full and are probably your most feminine feature, so I'd play them up. I agree with everyone about the brows, but I'd keep them a bit natural and not go overboard with the shaping. The right hairstyle can work miracles on anyone. I think a lot of women with more masculine features look better with fluffier/girlier hairstyles. You can get a lot of bang for your buck by using things like primers, shimmer creams, and lip glosses. Stuff that isn't a full face of makeup, but still softens the edges and adds prettiness. The goal is refined, dewy skin, and lush, plush lips. 

As everyone has said, getting your brows shaped will make a huge difference, probably even more than the right hair style, although that will help a lot too. Instead of trying to shape your brows yourself, I'd urge you to go and have them shaped professionally, then you can do the maintenance to keep them shaped yourself. If you try shaping them yourself without knowing how to do it, you can easily mess them up badly.

I'd say that at least some makeup is in order. I think something to make your eyes look bigger would be something to experiment with, and maybe a hair style that softens your jawline will look very nice. Bangs are a good look for you too.

Good luck and have fun.  
smile.gif

Youtube will be your friend..

Pertilude has some pretty masculine features but also makes a hot hot lady... He has some fabulous contouring videos.... You might look into him...

Definately get your eyebrows done, just doing that will make a HUGE difference...

I think you've received excellent advice on how to get started. When you have specific questions about how to do something or with product and color choices, post again with your specific questions and I'll guarantee that you'll get a lot more advice.

Have fun!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It sound more like you are trying to gain approval than advice, especially with the question on your poll. You want people to tell you that you'll make a cute girl rather than an ugly girl.  Well, I suppose that if you post pictures of the modifications -  plucked brow, makeup then we'll know more.  Right now, the pics look like you just woke up in the morning.   No one looks good with bushy eyebrows and messy hair.  

well first of all work on your eyebrows ans eyelashes too. Then comes your face if you really want a feminine look your skin should be soft gentle and jaw sligth curve downward along with longer eyelashes, For long eyelashes and perfect eyelashes go for any product available around, or check out Rapidlash, this help one of my friend i hope may help you too.

*edited by mod*

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sound more like you are trying to gain approval than advice, especially with the question on your poll. You want people to tell you that you'll make a cute girl rather than an ugly girl.  Well, I suppose that if you post pictures of the modifications -  plucked brow, makeup then we'll know more.  Right now, the pics look like you just woke up in the morning.   No one looks good with bushy eyebrows and messy hair.  

Ahaha maybe I am subconsciously. Well, I rather people be honest anyways ;P. But the problem is the brows I can't do because my parents would totally kill me if they found out that I did that. I'm trying to find other ways/advice that I could do without my parents knowing.

Latest posts

Back