-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

BEST black drugstore hair dye (black)???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   posterofagirl

posterofagirl

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 13-March 06

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hey all, I've been dying my hair black since early 2007... so almost 5 years.  For those almost 5 years I was using L'Oreal Natural Match (3C - I believe... whatever the blackest black was).  I would sometimes get it professionally done when I could afford it.  Anyway, ever since they discontinue Natural Match, I've been searching FRUITLESSLY for another storebrand that I like.

Any suggestions???  I absolutely HATE Feria.  it turned out blue and WOULD NOT cover my lighter roots, leaving them a blue tinge, and the rest of my hair was a blue-black in the light.  I also find L'Oreal Preference to be VERY messy.

I'm looking for a true blackest black.  I'm desperate!!!!  HELP!!

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   AliciaMLay

AliciaMLay

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 15-April 11

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

I've been doing this for years too.  My absolute favorite for true shiny dark black is Clairol Natural Instincts, the semi-permanent one, in Midnight Black.  It is completely neutral, no purple or blue undertone in the light.  Though it is not permanent, it stays better than any permanent dye I have used.  I have used this shade for years and years with great results and long lasting color. 

DO NOT try the new Natural Instincts Vibrant collection, I have heard terrible things about it.  Just the get the old school version. I have tried every one out there, and this is still my personal favorite.  Good luck!

Bloggin' It Up!

Critical Makeup

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   mellah

mellah

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 02-January 10

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

I've been using Revlon's Colosilk Luminsta in Black for a few months now and I LOVE it!   I have also been dying my hair jet black for about 3/4 years.  I've tried a lot of different brands this is the only dye I really like.  It's extremely cheap, leaves my hair shiny, and it's the darkest black my hair has ever been.   Some people say it fades on them but I haven't had a problem with that.   I always get mine at amazon because it can be hard to find in stores.  I pay $4 and if you have amazon prime shipping is free!   I would suggest buying your own plastic gloves if you are going to give this a try because the ones that come in the box are very cheap and I always end up having dye on my hands.  

http://www.amazon.co...22513199&sr=1-1

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   RainbowBrite

RainbowBrite

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I actually liked having the blue tint using loreal, but the blackest that I ever had was special effects pitch black. I only been able to find it online not in stores, but its a really good brand in my opinion.

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   posterofagirl

posterofagirl

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 13-March 06

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

So I found the Natural Match 3C on Amazon... but not sure if I trust it...???

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   SalonClearwater

SalonClearwater

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 02-November 10

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Black is lot’s of shades darker than your natural color, I propose going to a expert as you strength mess up your hair. Oh & your hair won't look accurately how it says on the box as the model usual hair color change how glow or dark the black looks. hope I help.

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   addiemartin

addiemartin

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 04-November 11

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I find L'Oreal to be the best :)

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   chic_chica

chic_chica

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 07-November 05

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

My natural hair color is black...but sometimes I like dying my hair blue black so that it would look even blacker than it really is. I don't have a particular brand though.

Confidence - wear it like makeup!