Transfer perfume to new bottle?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my favorite perfumes, Burberry The Beat, fell off my dresser a few months ago and has a slight crack. The perfume wasn't even halfway empty so I didn't wanna toss it because it's around $80 a bottle.

Is there any way to transfer it? I was thinking a perfume atomizer where you stick the bottom into the bottle and it pushes the fragrence into the little bottle but I have about half the perfume left. The perfume is slowly going away so I would like to try and put it all in one bottle. So I can have as much as possible.

I can't use the perfume because if I touch the bottle my hands smell like the perfume really strongly.

Any suggestions?

I know I have to find the right kind of bottle or else it could react with the perfume and turn it bad.

I actually just transferred my RL Glamorous to another bottle.  I lost the  top that srpays out the product and couldn't find another one that fit.  I had to literally tear apart the metal with pliers and then shove tweezers down the hole to get rid of the rest of the blockage.  I finally managed to get the opening clear and pour it into a plastic travel spray bottle I got from Sally Beauty.  The smell has not changed at all.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually just transferred my RL Glamorous to another bottle.  I lost the  top that srpays out the product and couldn't find another one that fit.  I had to literally tear apart the metal with pliers and then shove tweezers down the hole to get rid of the rest of the blockage.  I finally managed to get the opening clear and pour it into a plastic travel spray bottle I got from Sally Beauty.  The smell has not changed at all.
I might have to try that. It would just be alot easier to take the top spray thing off and get one of those travel spray things that you stick on the top and spray the perfume into it.

But nothing is big enough and they're like $5-10 each so buying more than one is a bit costly when I could find another bottle for like the same price but bigger sized.

You can find empty perfume spray bottles online. Try amazon or ebay.

As long as its glass or a container made for perfume then you wont have problem with it reacting to the perfume and changing it.

do you have a sally beuty supply around you?  They have a bunch of different sizes starting at like 1.20

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can find empty perfume spray bottles online. Try amazon or ebay.

As long as its glass or a container made for perfume then you wont have problem with it reacting to the perfume and changing it.

Yeah I saw some on amazon. I just don't know how I'd get the perfume out. The bottle so pretty I'd like to keep it as like a decoration on my dresser or something.

I've heard also that perfumes react to plastic as well as being exposed to air.

do you have a sally beuty supply around you?  They have a bunch of different sizes starting at like 1.20

I do, I'll have to check them out thanks!

Once you open it, you'll have to decant it somewhere.  It it was a large bottle, you have to get a couple of spray bottles to fit it all in.  Dollar stores also sell travel perfume sprayers. 

you're welcome  if you need help getting that top off lemme know haha.  It's a witch!

Thanks! I was planning on taking the top off but I saw somewhere else that people took the plastic tub from the top of the sprayer[the empty bottle] and pushed one end into the hole on the perfume and the other in the bottle and sprayed.

I might try that so I don't have to take the top off the perfume.

But the bottles shaped weird so I don't know how I'd take the top off:   The whole metal thing is the top of the perfume.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once you open it, you'll have to decant it somewhere.  It it was a large bottle, you have to get a couple of spray bottles to fit it all in.  Dollar stores also sell travel perfume sprayers. 

Do you happen to know specifically which ones?

I went to a Dollar Tree and they didn't have anything.

I'm in Canada so I can't really match one... I did see them at Daiso - which is a Korean store, most things at $2 and Dollarama. 

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you happen to know specifically which ones?

I went to a Dollar Tree and they didn't have anything.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in Canada so I can't really match one... I did see them at Daiso - which is a Korean store, most things at $2 and Dollarama. 

Thanks!

I ended up finding a vinatgey looking bottle at Marshalls for $9. It looks similar to this:   Then I just took the whole top of my perfume bottle apart and poured it in.

Latest posts

Back