Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor


Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Transfer perfume to new bottle?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

One of my favorite perfumes, Burberry The Beat, fell off my dresser a few months ago and has a slight crack. The perfume wasn't even halfway empty so I didn't wanna toss it because it's around $80 a bottle.

 

Is there any way to transfer it? I was thinking a perfume atomizer where you stick the bottom into the bottle and it pushes the fragrence into the little bottle but I have about half the perfume left. The perfume is slowly going away so I would like to try and put it all in one bottle. So I can have as much as possible.

 

I can't use the perfume because if I touch the bottle my hands smell like the perfume really strongly.

 

Any suggestions?

 

I know I have to find the right kind of bottle or else it could react with the perfume and turn it bad.




#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

I actually just transferred my RL Glamorous to another bottle.  I lost the  top that srpays out the product and couldn't find another one that fit.  I had to literally tear apart the metal with pliers and then shove tweezers down the hole to get rid of the rest of the blockage.  I finally managed to get the opening clear and pour it into a plastic travel spray bottle I got from Sally Beauty.  The smell has not changed at all.



#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:33 PM



Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa View Post

I actually just transferred my RL Glamorous to another bottle.  I lost the  top that srpays out the product and couldn't find another one that fit.  I had to literally tear apart the metal with pliers and then shove tweezers down the hole to get rid of the rest of the blockage.  I finally managed to get the opening clear and pour it into a plastic travel spray bottle I got from Sally Beauty.  The smell has not changed at all.


I might have to try that. It would just be alot easier to take the top spray thing off and get one of those travel spray things that you stick on the top and spray the perfume into it.

 

But nothing is big enough and they're like $5-10 each so buying more than one is a bit costly when I could find another bottle for like the same price but bigger sized.

 



#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   katana

katana

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

You can find empty perfume spray bottles online. Try amazon or ebay.

As long as its glass or a container made for perfume then you wont have problem with it reacting to the perfume and changing it.

 



#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

do you have a sally beuty supply around you?  They have a bunch of different sizes starting at like 1.20



#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:46 PM



Originally Posted by katana View Post

You can find empty perfume spray bottles online. Try amazon or ebay.

As long as its glass or a container made for perfume then you wont have problem with it reacting to the perfume and changing it.

 



Yeah I saw some on amazon. I just don't know how I'd get the perfume out. The bottle so pretty I'd like to keep it as like a decoration on my dresser or something.

 

I've heard also that perfumes react to plastic as well as being exposed to air.



#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:47 PM



Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa View Post

do you have a sally beuty supply around you?  They have a bunch of different sizes starting at like 1.20



I do, I'll have to check them out thanks!



#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

you're welcome  if you need help getting that top off lemme know haha.  It's a witch!



#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Once you open it, you'll have to decant it somewhere.  It it was a large bottle, you have to get a couple of spray bottles to fit it all in.  Dollar stores also sell travel perfume sprayers. 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:21 PM



Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa View Post

you're welcome  if you need help getting that top off lemme know haha.  It's a witch!



Thanks! I was planning on taking the top off but I saw somewhere else that people took the plastic tub from the top of the sprayer[the empty bottle] and pushed one end into the hole on the perfume and the other in the bottle and sprayed.

 

I might try that so I don't have to take the top off the perfume.

 

But the bottles shaped weird so I don't know how I'd take the top off: P208700_hero.jpg The whole metal thing is the top of the perfume.



#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:22 PM


 

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

Once you open it, you'll have to decant it somewhere.  It it was a large bottle, you have to get a couple of spray bottles to fit it all in.  Dollar stores also sell travel perfume sprayers. 



Do you happen to know specifically which ones?

 

I went to a Dollar Tree and they didn't have anything.



#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:33 AM


I'm in Canada so I can't really match one... I did see them at Daiso - which is a Korean store, most things at $2 and Dollarama. 

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 View Post


 



Do you happen to know specifically which ones?

 

I went to a Dollar Tree and they didn't have anything.



 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   xoxelizabeth189

xoxelizabeth189

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:30 PM



Originally Posted by divadoll View Post


I'm in Canada so I can't really match one... I did see them at Daiso - which is a Korean store, most things at $2 and Dollarama. 



 



Thanks!

 

I ended up finding a vinatgey looking bottle at Marshalls for $9. It looks similar to this: catphoto.jpg Then I just took the whole top of my perfume bottle apart and poured it in.



#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

nice find!



#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   katana

katana

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

What a great find, I LOVE vintage perfume misters and bottles!