Need a new Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream that works!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on the market for a new eye cream, the one I am using now is not the greatest (Clinique). i am not noticing much of a difference. Has anyone tried an eye cream that they swear by?!

To be blunt, if there was 1 eye cream that really truly worked, there would be no other eye cream except that one.  

I don't believe any eye creams work, they are only thick moisturizers.  I personally don't like any Clinique products.  I think they are completely over-rated and crap.  

You should consult a dermatologist...they'll be able to provide proper products and guidance.  Products like Retin-a (via prescription) work by exfoliation, also chemical peels and dermabrasion are more effective. 

See Piper ....... No eye cream can make wrinkles disappear completely. It can only reduce the appearance of wrinkles temporarily. If you ask me then I will suggest you to use Lifecell Skin cream. I am sure it will have longer lasting effects than the cream you are currently using......

I don't personally know if any eye creams work, but I don't think it's true that if there are a ton of different products that must mean none of them work.  There are zillions of different acne products out there and I know I had success with some of those products when I had acne as a teen.  I've heard some people swear by various anti-aging treatments (anything from extremely expensive high end stuff to simply smearing vaseline around wrinkle prone areas).

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To be blunt, if there was 1 eye cream that really truly worked, there would be no other eye cream except that one.  

I don't believe any eye creams work, they are only thick moisturizers.  I personally don't like any Clinique products.  I think they are completely over-rated and crap.  

You should consult a dermatologist...they'll be able to provide proper products and guidance.  Products like Retin-a (via prescription) work by exfoliation, also chemical peels and dermabrasion are more effective. 

Instead of looking at products you might consider looking at ingredients. Products that are based on vitamin A (retinols) and vitamin C (ascorbyl/ ascorbate) are scientifically proven to work over the longer term. Silicones and petroleum derivatives (mineral oil) are included as a barrier and to make it feel nice, they do not nourish. Ingredients proven to hydrate include urea, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, lactic acid, ceramides, olive squalane or lanolin.

HTH!

I am from the school that eye creams are a complete waste of money.

1 - agree that they are a thickened moisturizing cream

2 - do nothing to prevent skin damage - haven't found one yet that has an spf

I also agree about Retin A - I use it daily right all over my face, under my eyes and on the skin between nose and inner eyes.

Find a "sensitive eye" moisturizer with an spf, and apply under the eyes and entire face.

Olay and Neutrogena probably have a few to chose from, at a fraction of the cost of department store brands.

I feel that Bliss's Baggage Handler works on my eyes when they are puffy.

I am a brand newbie on this forum, so I do not know about if could mention what cosmetics I sell, but I will be getting a few new full sized jars of eye cream as part of a preview program. The skincare works so well I would bet money the eye care will work just as good.

The Member Marketplace is the only location we allow sellers to feature their products.  

Originally Posted by DeeMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel that Bliss's Baggage Handler works on my eyes when they are puffy.

I am a brand newbie on this forum, so I do not know about if could mention what cosmetics I sell, but I will be getting a few new full sized jars of eye cream as part of a preview program. The skincare works so well I would bet money the eye care will work just as good.

There are tons of products to do one function because none of them provide the dramatic results they all promise.  Not only should you be looking for ingredients, you'd have to assess the content of that active ingredient and how that product is contained.  

For example, Co-enzyme Q10 may boost skin repair, regeneration and reduce free radical damage.  Co-enzyme Q10, in raw form is a dark orange.  Even diluted to 0.3-3%, the cream would still be orange.  Why are purchased creams claiming to contain Q10 white?

Another example is vitamin c will oxidize in air and light.  Why are creams containing vitamin c packaged in open clear jars? 

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't personally know if any eye creams work, but I don't think it's true that if there are a ton of different products that must mean none of them work.  There are zillions of different acne products out there and I know I had success with some of those products when I had acne as a teen.  I've heard some people swear by various anti-aging treatments (anything from extremely expensive high end stuff to simply smearing vaseline around wrinkle prone areas).

Those are good tips, it does seem like there are a lot of products floating around that are no good at all.  I think we really have to highly water down our expectation of any skincare or cosmetic product though.  No mascara has EVER made me look like I have false lashes on, for example!  But some do make my lashes look a lot thicker and longer.  I guess with skincare it takes some diligent research along with trial and error to figure out what (if any) products help your skin with whatever your concern is.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are tons of products to do one function because none of them provide the dramatic results they all promise.  Not only should you be looking for ingredients, you'd have to assess the content of that active ingredient and how that product is contained.  

For example, Co-enzyme Q10 may boost skin repair, regeneration and reduce free radical damage.  Co-enzyme Q10, in raw form is a dark orange.  Even diluted to 0.3-3%, the cream would still be orange.  Why are purchased creams claiming to contain Q10 white?

Another example is vitamin c will oxidize in air and light.  Why are creams containing vitamin c packaged in open clear jars? 

You can find many anti wrinkle products in the market...But we all face the same problem of choosing the best cream which suits us.....Here is a product name "Patricia Wexler Md" As mine friend got relief from the eye problems as ingredients of it suited to her.But i suggest you before trying this product please go through its reviews and ingredients......

Hi!

I am using Natox, a cream I found out about here.

I am very happy with it. My skin has been looking much younger since I started applying it.

They claim that it's a natural alternative to Botox with the same results but without the bad side effects. I wouldn't know as I had never tried Botox (and never will), but so far I am very happy with it.

Give it a read and see what you think.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back