Prisma Color - Sephora Vs. Estee Lauder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I first saw these they caught my eye with all the pretty swirls... but I wasnt willing to spend the price!

Now Sephora has their own version and I think I may just go and swatch them and see if they're really as pretty as they look.

Check it out:

BENEFIT
High metallic wet/dry shadow

Color with futuristic shine

PRODUCT DETAILS
A Pure Color Cyber Eyes exclusive by Tom Pecheux. Creates cyber metallic smoky effects.

Color so metallic, it's futuristic.
A first-ever techno tri-blend formula that's gel, powder and liquid in one.

Versatile and multi dimensional.
Create several looks from one shade.

• Apply it dry for a smooth, molten metal finish.
  • Use it wet for a hyper cyber effect to intensify the color and metallic shine.
Innovative soft-touch shadow texture and sponge-tip applicator make it easy to sweep up color and apply with one stroke.
  • Unique formula allows you to build the fantasy to the highest chromatic shine.
  • Sophisticated metallic finish looks beautiful on all skintones.
TRUE VISIONâ„¢ COLOR
  • Maximized color impact.
  • Magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension.
  • Amplified brilliance.
HIGH PERFORMANCE WEAR
  • Color adheres velvety smooth, without creasing.
  • Blends easily.
  • Long-lasting. Stays color true. Won't fade.

Prisma Chrome Eyeshadow
What it is:
A collection of luminous eye shadows that deliver prismatic shine, lush texture, and lavish color payoff.

What it does:
The new wave in eye shadow, Prisma Chrome brings together the best features of baked, powder, and cream shadows. Its revolutionary effect captures light perfectly, delivering a prismatic effect with an unbelievably smooth and true color finish.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
An innovative blend of ingredients ensures comfortable wear. Pure pigments deliver the truest color imaginable and a highly polished finish. Its unique mica technology provides intense luminosity and a velvety texture that glides over the skin.

Apply this product with the perfect brush: Pro Cream Eyeshadow Brush #25

Size: 0.12 oz

Prisma Chrome Eyeshadow
What it is:
A collection of luminous eye shadows that deliver prismatic shine, lush texture, and lavish color payoff.

What it does:
The new wave in eye shadow, Prisma Chrome brings together the best features of baked, powder, and cream shadows. Its revolutionary effect captures light perfectly, delivering a prismatic effect with an unbelievably smooth and true color finish.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
An innovative blend of ingredients ensures comfortable wear. Pure pigments deliver the truest color imaginable and a highly polished finish. Its unique mica technology provides intense luminosity and a velvety texture that glides over the skin.

Apply this product with the perfect brush: Pro Cream Eyeshadow Brush #25

Size: 0.12 oz

I'm in love with the Sephora colurs! I saw these online last night. I hope my local Sephora has them.

Sephora just posted these images on Facebook.

Products to Get The Look:
Prisma Chrome Burgundy Gem 45
Prisma Chrome Moon Glow 35
Prisma Chrome Black Diamond 50
Pro Cream Shadow Brush #25

Products to Get the Look:
Prisma Chrome Sapphire Shine 30
Prisma Chrome Gold reflection 20
Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13

Product Used:
Prisma Chrome Emerald Facet
Prisma Chrome Shimmery Sand

Products Used:
Prisma Chrome Bronze Brilliance
Pro Cream Eyeshadow Brush #25

Product Used:
Prisma Chrome Diamond
Prisma Chrome Moon Glow
Pro Natural Smudge Brush #11

They look kind of like MACs new metallic collection, with their cream shadows.They used a cream shadow brush to apply these, so maybe they're another cream-powder hybrid? Anyway, these look really interesting.

Called, and the JC Penny store doesn't have them but the free standing store said they have a ton.

I went at lunch time and the Sephora inside JCP said they didnt have them yet and werent redirecting their merchandise for new products for another two weeks!

*Sigh* I wonder why Sephora inside JCP even bothers.

So disapointing.  An actual Sephora product im interested in and now I have to travel a good 45 minutes away to see if I even like it!! 
doze.gif

Thanks Zadi!! This looks amazing!!!!!!!
wub.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sephora just posted these images on Facebook.

Products to Get The Look:
Prisma Chrome Burgundy Gem 45
Prisma Chrome Moon Glow 35
Prisma Chrome Black Diamond 50

Products to Get the Look:
Prisma Chrome Sapphire Shine 30
Prisma Chrome Gold reflection 20
Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13

Product Used:
Prisma Chrome Emerald Facet

Products Used:
Prisma Chrome Bronze Brilliance
Pro Cream Eyeshadow Brush #25

Product Used:
Prisma Chrome Diamond
Prisma Chrome Moon Glow
Pro Natural Smudge Brush #11

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went at lunch time and the Sephora inside JCP said they didnt have them yet and werent redirecting their merchandise for new products for another two weeks!

*Sigh* I wonder why Sephora inside JCP even bothers.

So disapointing.  An actual Sephora product im interested in and now I have to travel a good 45 minutes away to see if I even like it!! 
doze.gif
I agree. We have a JCPenney Sephora and while I love it I also hate it because it's so limited. Now that the mall is gaining an Ulta in the old Rite Aid location (outside the actual mall) I really think Sephora needs to move out of JCPenney and into it's own location. The mall has the space after they remodeled to include outside shops so there are at least five huge locations a stand alone Sephora could go. I do my vast shopping at my local Sephora but with Ulta being a stand alone and a 100% large than the JCPenney Sephora looks like I'll be doing my shopping at Ulta.

These are a pass for me. Checked them out, and they are just fancy looking powder shadows. I wasn't impressed with the pigmentation either.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are a pass for me. Checked them out, and they are just fancy looking powder shadows. I wasn't impressed with the pigmentation either.

I read a review on the blue shade and the girl said that the color faded quickly - even with a primer.

It's kinda like the Metal X cream shadows - they crease and fade. It's sad that these companies can't produce a better product.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...Checked them out, and they are just fancy looking powder shadows. I wasn't impressed with the pigmentation either.

Bummer!!
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Fatima Saleh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read a review on the blue shade and the girl said that the color faded quickly - even with a primer.

It's kinda like the Metal X cream shadows - they crease and fade. It's sad that these companies can't produce a better product.
Thanks Ladies for the heads up!!

I'll still check em out when I finally get the opportunity, but at least now I wont go in with high expectations. 
sadno.gif

Well crappity-crap. That is disappointing to find out! I have extra oily lids and even with primer I have to be so careful with my application of eyeshadow. It's a process I despise :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the heads up ladies!

Has anyone used them wet at all? Using wet shadows brings out pigmentation of even the crappiest pigmented shadows :/

The first model of Zadi's post has major derp eye XD

Latest posts

Back